Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 344 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ... just watch Abebooks
    Have you purchased here before? I've never heard of it until now. Is it a good place to shop?
    Yea, I've been buying books through abebooks for years.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

MonteGss, I forgot to add that you can often bargain with the sellers on ABE (and the other sites) to see if you can get them to lower their prices. I've often done this.

John

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the great info everyone!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    i dont know where to post this, but...

a nice early picture from SK... dunno where it comes from, this is the first time i see it!

Supposed to be the first car of the author... Carlos: do you own it?
    Do I own the car? Or the photo? No, neither.

King (along with other celebrities) wrote a short piece titled "My First Car." I think it was published in GQ magazine. I'll dig it out tonight and see if the text of that article matches the picture.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    i dont know where to post this, but...

a nice early picture from SK... dunno where it comes from, this is the first time i see it!

Supposed to be the first car of the author... Carlos: do you own it?
    Do I own the car? Or the photo? No, neither.

King (along with other celebrities) wrote a short piece titled "My First Car." I think it was published in GQ magazine. I'll dig it out tonight and see if the text of that article matches the picture.
    In 1984, GQ Magazine started publishing a series of articles called "My First Car" where celebrities, athletes, writers, etc. describe (what else?) their first cars. Many were compiled into a book published in 1993.

King's entry in the book uses the same photo as the one in this thread. The text says it is a 1964 Galaxy and he bought it from his brother for $250 when he was about 17 years old.

In 1984, GQ Magazine started publishing a series of articles called "My First Car" where celebrities, athletes, writers, etc. describe (what else?) their first cars. Many were compiled into a book published in 1993.

King's entry in the book uses the same photo as the one in this thread. The text says it is a 1964 Galaxy and he bought it from his brother for $250 when he was about 17 years old.
    I'm not a car guy but that can't be a 1964 model in the picture. That must be a typographical error. He probably GOT the car in 1964 as King would have been about 17 y/o at that time. Are there any old car buffs out there that can identify make and model?

I'm not a car guy but that can't be a 1964 model in the picture. That must be a typographical error. He probably GOT the car in 1964 as King would have been about 17 y/o at that time. Are there any old car buffs out there that can identify make and model?
    OK, I think I have answered my own question. The car in the picture is King's SECOND car, according to the original article in the July, 1984 issue of GQ. It is a 1956 Plymouth.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The car pictured is a 1956 Plymouth Savoy
    Obviously in much poorer shape than this one:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, I think I have answered my own question. The car in the picture is King's SECOND car, according to the original article in the July, 1984 issue of GQ. It is a 1956 Plymouth.
    so in the pic he is not 17?

so in the pic he is not 17?
    I have no idea how old he is in the picture. He looks older than 17 to me though.

According to the caption of the picture in GQ that is a picture of King and his second car, not his first.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone has or comes across a 3 pack of the Duma Key Tennis balls i would really like a set. I have been outbid on 3 diffeent auctions on ebay !
    I don't usually collect promotional items but i really liked the book and wanted to get these.
    I thought i had someone who was going to offer me a set if they got any more but it seems they may have let someone else get them.
    thanks
    Rusty

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari_Racing has a couple of sets. PM him.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Ari only had two, and I got one of those. You can try, though.

John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where these tennis balls came from? Were they given away as a promotion somewhere, did someone have them made up themselves to make money? I never have heard where exactly they originated from and am curious to know.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Scribner issued promo kits to reviewers that had a single tennis ball (with the book and author written on it) in little plastic boxes with simulated waves made of construction paper inside. Maybe these three-ball versions are the excess from that campaign?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard that the single ones (see the thumbnail) were distributed as part of the promotion for Duma Key by the publisher. I don't know about the 3-packs.

John
    Attached Images

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Does anyone know where these tennis balls came from? Were they given away as a promotion somewhere, did someone have them made up themselves to make money? I never have heard where exactly they originated from and am curious to know.
    I wonder if the tennis balls are coming from this:

http://www.colonybeachresort.com/Duma_Key.html

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At the risk of being wrong, I would postulate that the tennis balls came to the publisher in a "three pack tube". Standard packaging (although not always in clear plastic) for tennis balls. Someone probably had to mate each individual ball with the true "promo" piece. Somehwere, somehow, there are leftover tubes with balls in them. In fact, there may be leftover accompanying promo stuff.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had two sets until a couple of weeks ago when I received offers for one, so I auction one (I'm keeping the other one). Sorry Rusty for missing it Mike Pasiuk also contacted me about it but I'm not selling mine.

The ones I received came directly from the publisher, so my guess is Bev is right: publisher's excess.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

hello everyone, some nice stuff you all have collected recently, i haven't had much time lately to spend on here and reply to things, but i always enjoy reading your alls exploits. The new baby is doing fine but man are they needy !! hahaha
    Moving on to the actual topic at hand, just wondering if anyone has very good or better copy of Pet Semetary they are willing to part with, i have money or trades. Been slowly going through my books and checking conditions, trying to upgrade a few of them if possible. I have had many many copies of Pet Semetary, but nothing to great.
    Would love to have a real nice copy !!!
    thanks and keep on collecting and posting !!
    Rusty

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have one of the slipcases for the trade editions of The Colorado Kid available? Please PM me! (With your price, including shipping to Canada)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Looking for Viking Hardcover Dark tower I, II, III and IV with print line '1' in Fine condition. Please feel free to PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a copy of the SGN/LTD Insomnia by Ziesing, with a number containing 2 or 6 - at or around the current market value.

Anyone have one to sell?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there anyone that has an ABE account that sells 1st/1st SK books at reasonable prices? I'd like to buy from someone on here that I know is reliable and not have to go through the whole, is this a first edition, price clipped, defects, etc.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 344 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast