Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 344 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Also, if anyone else is interested, I would love to trades. I'm a collector myself (obviously) but must confess most of your collections outnumber mine.

But as far as some rare pieces (fiction and non-fiction) I should have something to offer. Lemme know. We collectors should help each other, don't you agree?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    Rabbit Trick, I might be able to help with some of the things you still haven't got in your collection (your Book Collection link). Maybe we can e-mail together? I must add I only have photocopies, so I can't provide you the whole mag of, say, Stories of Suspense.
    Maybe we can do a little trade since you have a few items I might need.
    Lemme know.
    Thanks for the offer, but photocopies do not interest me. I will buy any originals I do not have, if you have any.

Sorry, don't have any originals. Only photocopies, a few I'm not really supposed to share, the Drum stories, for instance.
    If I ever come across something original, I'll let you know.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, don't have any originals. Only photocopies, a few I'm not really supposed to share, the Drum stories, for instance.
    There are a couple of guys on here with the original Drum magazines, but they will not part with them. Neither would I, if I had them.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

DanishCollector,

Do you have a photocopy of "The 43rd Dream"?

Yes, I have photocopies of both the Drum tales. I have them scanned and wouldn't mind e-mailing them, but the scans are not to be displayed on a website or distributed to the overall fan community.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have photocopies of both the Drum tales. I have them scanned and wouldn't mind e-mailing them, but the scans are not to be displayed on a website or distributed to the overall fan community.
    Well, now, I find this very interesting. A few years ago I bought the copy of The Drum that has "The 43rd Dream" from Prudence Grant who was the faculty advisor for the student newspaper at Lisbon High School. She found three copies of the issue with "Codename: Mousetrap" (I think that is right) but only a single copy of the issue with "The 43rd Dream." She made no copies.

I sent a copy of the story/poem to only three people (all authors of books about King) with the only request being that they not make further copies or disseminate the story further. It looks like one of the three did not keep their word. I wonder which one it was? I think I know. At least I have my suspicions.

People, I'm close to getting mysef into a jam here, and shouldn't have mentioned the two Drum tales. So I can't share these two tales, it's an "older" promise I had to retell myself to keep. Carlos made me realize that.
    So no Drum tales. Sorry 'bout that.

I do have other stuff I AM permitted to share, but that depends, of course, if your collections are far ahead of mine.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

out of pure cuiosity, why is that these 2 drum tales are so secretive? and not to be shared with anyone? Just wondering !! so any explanation would be welcomed !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    out of pure cuiosity, why is that these 2 drum tales are so secretive? and not to be shared with anyone? Just wondering !! so any explanation would be welcomed !
    Its nothing to do with secrecy. The collectors paid a lot of money for the originals.

Lots of copies going around would create a decrease in demand and the price could decrease.

It's also illegal and NOT NICE.

I think Mr. Rabbit Trick said it well. There are three or four known copies of The Drum with the story "Codename: Mousetrap" in them. The owners of the other copies are free to do what they want with them....copy them, burn them, bury them, whatever.

I had the only known copy of the issue with "The 43rd Dream." I elected not to copy it. I don't collect photocopies or trade in them. I shared the story with two authors of books about King (one convinced me to share with a third author).

It's really not that big of a deal, I guess. It just always surprises me when people I trust behave in untrustworthy ways.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'm looking for the UK version dust jacket of the 'Salem's Lot illustrated edition. Thanks.
    BM

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Several years ago (before I had internet and before I started collecting King) I received a dvd with some Stephen KIng's stuff inside. It contained both stories...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Several years ago (before I had internet and before I started collecting King) I received a dvd with some Stephen KIng's stuff inside. It contained both stories...
    What year was that? According to my records I bought the two issues of The Drum with "Code Name: Mousetrap" and "The 43rd Dream" in October and November of 2002. It would be REALLY interesting if your dvd was done before that.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll check my dvds and see the date it was created.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just find a backup I made in 2004 that already had "The 43th dream".

I'll keep on looking for the first dvd.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think Mr. Rabbit Trick said it well. There are three or four known copies of The Drum with the story "Codename: Mousetrap" in them. The owners of the other copies are free to do what they want with them....copy them, burn them, bury them, whatever.

I had the only known copy of the issue with "The 43rd Dream." I elected not to copy it. I don't collect photocopies or trade in them. I shared the story with two authors of books about King (one convinced me to share with a third author).

It's really not that big of a deal, I guess. It just always surprises me when people I trust behave in untrustworthy ways.
    Thanks for the info, just like Ari said in a nother thread, you learn something new everyday ! I had not ever really heard about these 2 stories, or The Drum. Thanks for the info and insight. I totaly understand the photocopy thing. I am a firm believer in the copyright stuff. I had purchased the e-versions of The Plant and wanted to print it out and have a nice copy bound for myself. I emailed with the moderator of King's website and she said so long as i was doing it for my self and not to make multiple copies and sell them, it was fine. Otherwise i was illegally copying and distributing.
    So i have nice printed and bound copy done by a local small press place. I would never sell it or produce multiple copies, though

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... I had purchased the e-versions of The Plant and wanted to print it out and have a nice copy bound for myself. I emailed with the moderator of King's website and she said so long as i was doing it for my self and not to make multiple copies and sell them, it was fine. Otherwise i was illegally copying and distributing. So i have nice printed and bound copy done by a local small press place. I would never sell it or produce multiple copies, though
    A question out of curiosity since you legally purchased the e-version:

Is the act of you copying it that would be the problem, or is it the selling that would be illegal? In other words, if you had made a few extra nicely printed and bound copies and given them away as gifts, would that also qualify as illegal copying and distributing?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The only way to legally sell an eBook is to delete all copies you own, including backups, after the transaction. Giving away or selling electronic or print copies would be a violation of copyright.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

just got dt1 and 2 s/l number 207 would love to find 3-7 ... any thoughts?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I'm looking for the UK version dust jacket of the 'Salem's Lot illustrated edition. Thanks.
    BM
    This book seems to be quite hard to locate. I've no idea why. A copy has just appeared on ebay UK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEPHEN-KING-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    BM
    This book seems to be quite hard to locate. I've no idea why. A copy has just appeared on ebay UK.

Thanks!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    BM

It might have had a real small print run. I'm not sure about this UK edition. But the US version was only a 25,000 copy first printing.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody whos going tonight to the reading have an extra Owen King book (2 preferrably) they would want to sell me when they get there?
    Wasn't able to obtain any copies in time for tonight !

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

They sold them at the event nameless, I am assuming you got one there?

I'm donating one of mine to the giveaway.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 344 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast