Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 344 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say check into a third edition if you want to go the cheapest route for The Gunslinger. That should go about $90+. A second edition will be somewhat expensive at $200+ and a first edition will run you $500+ I would think.

If you want a copy of Drawing of the Three first edition signed by the artist, Donald M. Grant Publishing has them for $75.

As always, check sources like ABEbooks.com and ebay before you buy as you can sometimes find bargains. Beware of something that looks like a real steal. It often is a steal, but it's the seller doing the stealing.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to move this to the Stephen King Items wanted thread.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lowmen45 View Post
    Hi, I need a hardcover of the Gunslinger, and of the Wastelands. I own all the audio formats, and all the rest in Hardcover, but am missing these two. Anyone got any Idea on a place besides amazon I could find an older edidtion of these two, for less than a million dollars a book *sarcasm*. The reason I ask is because I see people raping others for these books on ebay. I got a copy of the reprint *Drawing of the three* the second print of the first edition, with same cover as first, for 25$. I later went to ebay and saw it for over 300$. I just want a reasonable deal, and dont want to be taken advantage of. I love the Grant ed. of the Wasteland, with the plaster man on the cover.
    I have a Grant 3rd edition (very fine condition) of The Gunslinger that I can sell for $60 plus shipping.

I also have a Grant 1st edition (near fine condition) of The Waste Lands that I can sell for $50 plus shipping.

Buy both, and the shipping is free.

This is a good deal, as Sam mentioned above.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I need a hardcover of the Gunslinger, and of the Wastelands. I owne all the audio formats, and all the rest in Hardcover, but am missing these two. Anyone got any Idea on a place besides amazon I could find an older edidtion of these two, for less than a million dollars a book *sarcasm*. The reason I ask is because I see people raping others for these books on ebay. I got a copy of the reprint *Drawing of the three* the second print of the first edition, with same cover as first, for 25$. I later went to ebay and saw it for over 300$. I just want a reasonable deal, and dont want to be taken advantage of. I love the Grant ed. of the Wasteland, with the plaster man on the cover.
    $25 was a good price...Just remember that you can't ever be taken advantage of, if you're paying a price you agreed to and accepted!

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Hi, I need a hardcover of the Gunslinger, and of the Wastelands. I own all the audio formats, and all the rest in Hardcover, but am missing these two. Anyone got any Idea on a place besides amazon I could find an older edidtion of these two, for less than a million dollars a book *sarcasm*. The reason I ask is because I see people raping others for these books on ebay. I got a copy of the reprint *Drawing of the three* the second print of the first edition, with same cover as first, for 25$. I later went to ebay and saw it for over 300$. I just want a reasonable deal, and dont want to be taken advantage of. I love the Grant ed. of the Wasteland, with the plaster man on the cover.
    I have a Grant 3rd edition (very fine condition) of The Gunslinger that I can sell for $60 plus shipping.

I also have a Grant 1st edition (near fine condition) of The Waste Lands that I can sell for $50 plus shipping.

Buy both, and the shipping is free.

This is a good deal, as Sam mentioned above.

Definitly a good deal.

Another source for the 1st ed. Waste Lands is Uncle Hugo's. I got mine from them off AbeBooks earlier this year for $46 shipped. Still in the shrinkwrap. They used to have one up on AbeBooks in pretty constant rotation, but I don't see any right now. So they are either sold out, or it's just not posted.

http://www.unclehugo.com/prod/

As for the Gunslinger, unless you can afford a 1st edition, you can find the 2nd at decent prices now and then. I got my 2nd edition Gunslinger off ebay over Thanksgiving last year for 125. Seems like folks were distracted by the holidays, I was suprised there weren't more bids.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just checked with Uncle Hugo, and they are sold out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Dang, that's too bad. It was a great deal, he was just selling off excess stock for cover price.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got 5 more Red Leathers, which leave 6 (I think) left to find.

Anyone have any spare copies of the Red Leather versions of:
    Black House
    Dreamcatcher
    Everything's Eventual
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Secret Windows
    Stand (the original, NOT Complete and Uncut)

Also, the ones I DO have are as follows. Does this seem like the complete list?
    Black House
    Dreamcatcher
    Everything's Eventual
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Secret Windows
    Stand
    Bag of Bones
    Carrie
    Christine
    Cujo
    Dark Half
    Dead Zone
    Desperation
    Different Seasons
    Dolores Claiborne
    Eyes of the Dragon
    Firestarter
    Four Past Midnight
    From A Buick 8
    Gerald's Game
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    Insomnia
    It
    Misery
    Needful Things
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes
    Night Shift
    On Writing
    Pet Sematary
    Rose Madder
    Salem's Lot
    Shining
    Skeleton Crew
    Stand: Complete and Uncut
    Storm of the Century
    Tommyknockers
    Thinner
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like you have the complete list, 37 books total.

Sorry I can't help you out with missing ones, the extras I have you don't need. Good luck with your search.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All.... I just picked up a S/L Wizard and Glass for a super rediculous low price but it does not have the original slipcase ( I don't think ) Is there anywhere that I can buy just that slipcase for the S/L ? Thanks so much !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Try contacting Donald M. Grant publishing since they are the original publisher. Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled. Also, what do you mean by you don't think it's the original?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Country
    Country Flag

I just meant that there was no slipcase in the photos and no mention of one, so I don't think its included in the auction. I checked the DMG website but didn't see any slipcases for the S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Hi, I need a hardcover of the Gunslinger, and of the Wastelands. I owne all the audio formats, and all the rest in Hardcover, but am missing these two. Anyone got any Idea on a place besides amazon I could find an older edidtion of these two, for less than a million dollars a book *sarcasm*. The reason I ask is because I see people raping others for these books on ebay. I got a copy of the reprint *Drawing of the three* the second print of the first edition, with same cover as first, for 25$. I later went to ebay and saw it for over 300$. I just want a reasonable deal, and dont want to be taken advantage of. I love the Grant ed. of the Wasteland, with the plaster man on the cover.
    $25 was a good price...Just remember that you can't ever be taken advantage of, if you're paying a price you agreed to and accepted!
    UNLESS what you are paying for and what you receive are two different things. Examples would be buying what is listed as a Signed Limited Edition and getting a trade edition with a (poorly) forged signature, buying what you are told is a First Edition only to learn several years later that you paid $100 for a Book Club Edition (happened to me and was a valuable lesson in my book collecting life), or buying an original manuscript only to receive a poorly xeroxed copy of said original manuscript (happened to someone else I know, only it was a rare video and they received a bad pirate copy).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    I just meant that there was no slipcase in the photos and no mention of one, so I don't think its included in the auction. I checked the DMG website but didn't see any slipcases for the S/L
    Contact Grant. I know they don't have it listed, but you never know what they may have in storage in the back room.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

$150 for a S/L WnG!?!? I hate when I miss those ebay deals......Shannon- good luck on finding the slipcase if it is indeed not included!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !! Yes, even with the small flaw spot on the bottom of the second book, I'll take it at that price. Im a small dollar collector and for me to get that book for that price, Im very excited.

Country
    Country Flag

You got a great find. You might want to contact Tomas from http://www.stephenkingcollector.com and see if his slipcases would fit the S/L. I seriously doubt it, but you never know until you ask.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Congrats, Rusher! Fantastic deal!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I am still looking for The Waste Lands Grant 1st and Grant ARC for a Christmas present to myself....if you have either shoot me a PM and we can work out a price....

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a first edition of Wizard and Glass. Let me know if you have an additional one for sale.

Eric

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Always on the lookout for proofs/ARCs (both US and UK)! I also want to add the DT V and VI artist editions to my collection someday. And last but not least: I still need 1st/1st trades of 'Salem's Lot (US), Bachman Books (US) and Carrie (UK).

That's about it

John F. Kennedy bounce0320 will become famous soon enough bounce0320 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

If you're still looking for a 1/1 of The Gunslinger please PM me...I have a copy I'd be willing to sell.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    UNLESS what you are paying for and what you receive are two different things. Examples would be buying what is listed as a Signed Limited Edition and getting a trade edition with a (poorly) forged signature, buying what you are told is a First Edition only to learn several years later that you paid $100 for a Book Club Edition (happened to me and was a valuable lesson in my book collecting life), or buying an original manuscript only to receive a poorly xeroxed copy of said original manuscript (happened to someone else I know, only it was a rare video and they received a bad pirate copy).
    That is something different...it's called THEFT.

As long as buyers recieve what they were told to expect, and educated themselves on the details, then it's the buyer's fault if they didn't ask the right questions....but active lying by the seller is another matter.

It's the buyers responsbility to ask questions, then make an educated bid.

But - yeah, in your cases, you were dealing with someone being dishonest, which is different.

Country
    Country Flag

You and I agree with the idea that as long as you and the seller are both happy with the price, then all is good. You and I are basically honest people though. I have known far too many who think differently from us. That's why I posted.

I've been taken before. In 1998, I purchased what I thought was a First Edition, what I was TOLD was a First Edition, from a book dealer who specialized in science fiction. He KNEW the book he was selling wasn't a First Edition and outright lied to me, even pointing out what marked the book as a First Edition. I paid $100 for the book, which was a great price had it been a 1st, but it's actually a BCE. I was very happy with the price I paid. It was only after I really started looking into book collecting that I learned I had been taken. The book was a gift for my wife (my girlfriend at the time) for her birthday. It was one of her favorite stories and I had the author sign and inscribe it for her. It is one of her favorite pieces in her small collection. However,you can imagine my anger when i discovered that the book that I believed was a 1st Edition is actually a BCE. The only comfort I take is knowing that the merchant is now out of business. Either way he sold me a $10 book for $100 and made $90 pure profit off me.

I count it as a lesson learned.

Yes - that's scummy, absolutely. Especially if you asked questions that he was deceptive or misleading about.

I guess what I really meant is if somebody lists an authentic first edition (let's say of Firestarter) for $300, and somebody buys it, when it's really worth only $50 - then no one was really taken advantage of...the buyer made a mistake, but that's not the seller's fault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 344 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast