Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 344 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Yea, the upper curve in the B looks a little off to me.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well all my Christmas presents have been opened and I didn't get everything on my list....still looking for reasonably priced copies of: Heart Shaped Box UK, Eyes of the Dragon UK, Wizard and Glass ARC (I am tempted to just buy Scoog's copy), any limited edition Joe Hill, and SK: Uncollected and Unpublished. That should satisfy me for like 3 or 4.......days.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for either a US or UK 1st of the Shining. Preferably US though.

If anyone has an extra copy they'd like to sell, please PM me with condition, price, etc....

Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I´m looking for some CastleRock newsletters:

July -85
    January -86
    September -88
    November -88
    March -89
    September/October -89
    November -89
    December -89

If someone have any of these for sale, please send me a PM, thanks!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    I´m looking for some CastleRock newsletters:

July -85
    January -86
    September -88
    November -88
    March -89
    September/October -89
    November -89
    December -89

If someone have any of these for sale, please send me a PM, thanks!
    And as you're looking to see if you have any of these for SS, I also need a few from 1989 - Jan, Mar, Apr, May, and Jun. Sam, of course, would get first dibs on March! Ditto with the PM - and thank you!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had mentioned this in another thread, but will post it here in the "official" books wanted one.

I'm looking for a vg/vg 1st edition (2nd state clipped/re-priced jacket) copy of 'Salem's Lot in the $300 to $400 range.

Please PM me if you've got an extra copy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for the promotional "dog tags" from Everything's Eventual. (Edit: Hearts in Atlantis)
    Sorry to post what was in another thread but seeking assistance.

I wish to buy a set of the tags.
    Anyone who can assist-I would appreciate it.
    Kind of a "goofy" (though not funny) quirk, but I have several of the "silver" bracelets commonly worn in the 70's-each with the name of a POW (Vietnam war).
    I will pay/trade most any reasonable price.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Jerome, but I think you mean the metal tags from Hearts in Atlantis...or are there some of Everything's eventual?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You are correct, Ari. He is looking for the Hearts in Atlantis promo dog tags that were exclusive to Waldenbooks' customers.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looking for the promotional "dog tags" from Everything's Eventual. (Edit: Hearts in Atlantis)
    Sorry to post what was in another thread but seeking assistance.

I wish to buy a set of the tags.
    Anyone who can assist-I would appreciate it.
    Kind of a "goofy" (though not funny) quirk, but I have several of the "silver" bracelets commonly worn in the 70's-each with the name of a POW (Vietnam war).
    I will pay/trade most any reasonable price.
    I saw the post that had these here and I don't see what all the fuss is. You could make the dog tags your self and no one would really know the difference.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's called a knock off dude, and even if it looks as good as the real deal few collectors want a knock off in their collection.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That's called a knock off dude, and even if it looks as good as the real deal few collectors want a knock off in their collection.
    I understand that and am not saying that people should go make their own. All I am saying is that it's not a terribly unique item and can't see actual collectable value in it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I take no offense at the suggestion, but I would rather not have the tags than "create/clone" them myself. Irrational perhaps, but collecting is not always unanimously seen as perfectly rational.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

To build on that thought, some things that we (I, anyway) collect aren't about resale value (as the term "collectibility" seems to imply above), but are simply things we like and want to own for any one of a variety of reasons.

Country
    Country Flag

Actully I'm refering to the uniqueness of the item, I don't know maybe it's because I'm military that I am not impressed with the dog tags.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for copies of these 2 items:
    “From the Desk of Stephen King” 1998 The Stephen King Library
    “Random Notes..An interview"1979 Cavalier Magazine

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Wanted:
    King's Comments (see the thread Query about King's Comments)
    A King (letter in Fangoria)
    Shining Correspondence (letter in Fangoria)
    A letter from Stephen King (Overlook Connection catalog) (letter to a fan)
    How I Got the Story (Time magazine. King on The Plant)
    and
    photocopies/scans of the first 3 Plant letters from King's old site (these are from 2000)

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I am looking for a Viking 1st Edition of Firestarter that is in fine/near fine condition. The DJ on my first is faded and has started to yellow a bit.

Please shoot me a PM if you can help. thanks.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also looking for the stuff Danishcollector posted

And the misery paperback that has King in the cover.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    Do you know the correct month for the interview in the 1979 Cavalier? I have not heard of this interview but would look for it if I knew the correct issue.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Do you know the correct month for the interview in the 1979 Cavalier? I have not heard of this interview but would look for it if I knew the correct issue.
    At least you know it's a finite search - twelve issues.

And you can probably eliminate:
    February 1979
    March 1979
    July 1979
    (scroll down past each cover for Table of Contents)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bob, it appeared in the August issue. It's a self interview that King did. Hope that helps.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bob, it appeared in the August issue. It's a self interview that King did. Hope that helps.
    I'll look for it.

So, just to make sure I've got it right, it is CAVALIER, August, 1979?

I can't find it listed in Collings' bibliography. Is this one that has somehow slipped through the bibliographic process?

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Okay, I'm not Tony, but it's listed in Justin Brooks' second (or third) addedum. It is August, 1979.

Country
    Country Flag

^^^^^What he said. There's 3 addedums, Pete? I know it's in the 2008 version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 344 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast