Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 344 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you. As buyers, it is our responsibility to ourselves to know about what we are buying AND to know its value.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

John F. Kennedy bounce0320 will become famous soon enough bounce0320 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

I've been taken before. In 1998, I purchased what I thought was a First Edition, what I was TOLD was a First Edition,....

I count it as a lesson learned.
    Same thing happened to me about 8 years ago or so. It was a "1st" of The Stand, Uncut. I was just starting to get into gathering (hoarding) all of the 1st and thought I had gotten a decent deal at $125. The bookstore owner had even written in pencil on the inside front cover 'First Edition.' I don't get how people that knowing sell books that aren't firsts can stand by and watch as the buyer is all excited about 'this great find' and not be the slightest bit embarrassed. I'd like to think that the bookstore 'didn't know any better', maybe they thought it was a 1st... BUT...
    So, yes, lesson learned for me as well, Sam.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

How was it not a first edition? What was the problem with it? BCE?

John F. Kennedy bounce0320 will become famous soon enough bounce0320 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, no price on the DJ... at that time I didn't know to look for that. I know better now.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well...if it's any consolation, even a first edition "Stand, Uncut" isn't worth $125, so it was going to be a beginners mistake no matter the outcome...so the seller was dishonest AND overpriced.

Mistakes do work both ways...I sold the four volume Heinneman edition for $5 - it's worth at least $40, probably more - just because I thought it was some worthless reprint collection.

I regret selling it less for the money than because it was a convenient way to read his first four books in one volume.

It's been said before - we're the first to jump for joy when we get a great deal, but that's because we took advantage of the seller's ignorance.

But that doesn't excuse rank dishonesty like you are describing!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been known to point out great disparities on the other side of the deal too, but if your going to sell books for a living then either you are just going to sell them all cheap, in which case what do you care what the book is worth, or you're going to need to learn the value of the book, and adjust those prices from time to time. I've been to one or two stores that are still living in the past with six year old prices marked in today's market. Those books aren't selling, wonder why. I've also seen a few that marked the price when the book came in in 1981 and never changed the price. Unfortunately, the books at those stores are rarely worth anything more than the penciled in price.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot...Booksellers as a breed are pretty weird, anyway...I've never gone in to any used/rare bookstore and had it be anything other than an odd experience - not bad, just odd.

Bottom line, an asked-for price is just that...I've said before that none of this has any actual value anyway. But it's also not perishable. So unless you MUST give in and drop a price, then why do it? The market might come back, and the book won't spoil like milk...haha...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a S/L DT II Drawing of the Three

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Call Bett's. They have everything!

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

Yes, except a customer wants one and I have none on hand (other than ones I own myself as part of a set)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bought the last one Betts had.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I bought the last one Betts had.
    Damn you!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Looking for a S/L DT II Drawing of the Three
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

Good luck, David!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for Dark Tower V, VI, and VII S/L for a reasonable price. I am not looking at making a matched set at this time so if anybody has some higher numbers or some odd and end numbers from their quest in making a set, I am willing to buy....PM me with prices and any other details.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for signed Joe Hill Heart Shaped Box HC 1st/1st. PM me please.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

PM sent. I've 5 or 6 of them hanging around.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got one inscribed to a Dark Tower character.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

i have a signed limited uk with slip for sale of HSB

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any of these gift editions for decent prices, most you can find at or below issue price. Insomnia (US and UK versions), Desperation, From A Buick 8, Nightmares and Dreamscapes (UK), Talisman/Blackhouse set.
    PM with the book and price if your willing to sell.
    Thanks
    Rusty

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman/Black House set is still available from Grant:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-talisman-bh.html

John

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for a hardcover copy of ‘Salem’s Lot with the original DJ (showing the town in the ‘O’ of ‘LOT’) not some of the later versions. I also need the book to have the original height dimension of 8.5” I don’t really care if it is a book club or late printing. I know I can’t afford a first edition (in any of the three states) right now so it is really just a place holder but I want the smaller height so it matches the other early books. Not looking to spend a lot so PM me if you have one and what you want for it. Thanks.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If any of you guys have decent (VG+) US 1st/1st copies of Firestarter, Cujo, Christine and Danse Macabre for sale, please let me know. My copies of these books are either later printings (Firestarter, Cujo) or in bad shape (Christine, Danse Macabre) and the time has come to upgrade them

(also still looking for US 1st/1st 'Salem's Lot and Bachman Books, and UK 1st/1st of Carrie)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    I am looking for a hardcover copy of ‘Salem’s Lot with the original DJ (showing the town in the ‘O’ of ‘LOT’) not some of the later versions. I also need the book to have the original height dimension of 8.5” I don’t really care if it is a book club or late printing. I know I can’t afford a first edition (in any of the three states) right now so it is really just a place holder but I want the smaller height so it matches the other early books. Not looking to spend a lot so PM me if you have one and what you want for it. Thanks.
    13th Printing. Very nice condition. $29 + $5 shipping. Very nice placeholder.
    Exact size you wish.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    If any of you guys have decent (VG+) US 1st/1st copies of Firestarter, Cujo, Christine and Danse Macabre for sale, please let me know. My copies of these books are either later printings (Firestarter, Cujo) or in bad shape (Christine, Danse Macabre) and the time has come to upgrade them

(also still looking for US 1st/1st 'Salem's Lot and Bachman Books, and UK 1st/1st of Carrie)
    I have 4 of the above. Sending you a PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 344 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast