Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 344 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 8585

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    A first would have the Madison address.
    I agree. However you would be surprised how many people don’t know this Brian. Like shocked lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't be surprised. I bought ~sixty of these for DR. I'd ask about the address and a lot of sellers would respond that "First published in 1981 by The Viking Press" is on the copyright page. I'd say, "That's nice, but is the address 625 Madison Avenue?" They'd tell me that the first published statement is a first edition point. I'd agree and tell them I'm not only looking for first editions but first printings which must have the Madison address.
    Oh right! I bet you ran into that a LOT during that search. It’s crazy how many collectors don’t know.

A lot of booksellers would take offense. They'd list their bona fides as booksellers to "prove" they knew what they were talking about. Occasionally one would thank me.

Yes, many do take offense even though you're just asking a question, trying to help, or just verifying before you purchase. Hey Brian, Sound like someone recently on eBay?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Is this about Cujo. I am coming in in the middle I am really upset because my address is not 625 Madison Ave. Shit, Now I have to buy another Cujo? Mine says first published by Viking in 1981 but the address is 40 west 23rd street. It only has one date though, 1981.
    Then it talks about the limited ed. If this is not a true first, I will be very upset. So I am guessing I am going to be very upset. So I don't have a first printing so that means it's not a true !st\\1st. I wonder how many other books I have are like that.
    Sorry for the OT post. Please carry on.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Is this about Cujo. I am coming in in the middle I am really upset because my address is not 625 Madison Ave. Shit, Now I have to buy another Cujo? Mine says first published by Viking in 1981 but the address is 40 west 23rd street. It only has one date though, 1981.
    Then it talks about the limited ed. If this is not a true first, I will be very upset. So I am guessing I am going to be very upset. So I don't have a first printing so that means it's not a true !st\\1st. I wonder how many other books I have are like that.
    Yes, it's about Cujo. Doubleday moved from 625 Madison Avenue to 40 West 23rd Street during the publication of Cujo. First printings have the Madison Avenue address on the copyright page.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As for your other books, identifying first printings is a bit harder for the older books. Once a numberline came into use, it became much easier. So double-check your earlier books against the catalog descriptions. Also read the comments for each book.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I updated the Cujo page to explicitly state the address is required for a 1st Print. The same address should also be present on the Dust Jacket (inner end flap).

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks guys. So I don't have a true first first. Thanks. I may check my other books. But I will end this conversation now and move it to my thread if I choose
    to take this further.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

A lot of booksellers would take offense. They'd list their bona fides as booksellers to "prove" they knew what they were talking about. Occasionally one would thank me.

Yes, many do take offense even though you're just asking a question, trying to help, or just verifying before you purchase. Hey Brian, Sound like someone recently on eBay?

Mulleins
    Why would any reasonable person act that way? Perhaps they are not quite reasonable.

Along the Path of the Beam ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

Looking for a full sized hardcover of Danse Macabre in great shape. I don’t care about the print number or if it’s a club edition. I just want one in great shape (book and jacket), hardcover and full sized. The ones on eBay are always beat to shit with rips, stains, fading, etc.

Please help me complete my collection!

This is THE last book I need and have been looking for almost two years now...crazy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post
    Long time no post. I am just slowly getting back to here to continue recruiting names. I will come back here shortly with my list and to collect others that are interested in my auction process. I think this is the right place to share items I am selling.

So, if you sent me your name already through Facebook (in September) you are good.
    My first round of items will be for Stephen King T-shirts...stay tuned

John

What are you talking about? You haven't (as you said) posted here in months and now you post some babble in the King Books/Items WANTED thread.

Go play your games elsewhere.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    I'm also looking for a Danse Macabre however I would like a 1/1. I have one but recently acquired an inscribed edition and I want a better DJ for the signed copy. Book itself doesn't matter, DJ doesn't have to be perfect but as close as possible would be good
    Please PM if anyone can help a sister out!
    Thank you!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for PS Publishing 'Salem's Lot.

Traveler king fan is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for Desperation S/L

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by king fan View Post
    Looking for Desperation S/L
    Here you go! Click the link HERE.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interested in a PS Publishing Stand (just issued).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still after misery S/l.

Also, anyone know of a thread for Colorado Kind for matching numbers. I have a set of 1/33 but would love to match numbers. I have Blue 14 and green 7.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's about Cujo. Doubleday moved from 625 Madison Avenue to 40 West 23rd Street during the publication of Cujo. First printings have the Madison Avenue address on the copyright page.
    Hi....I apologize for coming in the middle of this, but my husband is in hospice and lately all I have is the strength to lurk here. Can someone please help me put a picture that's on my laptop on here? I think I have one with the correct copyright page. Thanks
    For some reason is says that I cannot post attachments.....huh??

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo713 View Post
    Hi....I apologize for coming in the middle of this, but my husband is in hospice and lately all I have is the strength to lurk here. Can someone please help me put a picture that's on my laptop on here? I think I have one with the correct copyright page. Thanks
    For some reason is says that I cannot post attachments.....huh??
    PM me your email address and I can help you.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still after misery S/l.

Also, anyone know of a thread for Colorado Kind for matching numbers. I have a set of 1/33 but would love to match numbers. I have Blue 14 and green 7.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...blishing/page2

I started this one a while back...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Along the Path of the Beam ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about

Anyone have an unworn Faithful promo hat for sale?

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,
    Wanted:
    DT I, II, III #281
    Sisters and WTTKH #175
    Also any associated UK Ltd for the above mentioned books. Cheers.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Looking for Buick 8 S/L and gift.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King Books/Items Wanted

Danse Mcabe S/L

Got a beauty thanks!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

WANTED: Sleeping Beauties Art Portfolio #186; I sent my change of number request in to Mindy as soon as I acquired #186 S/L (back on October 10th), but still received in the original order (#373). Along those same lines, I now have an extra Sleeping Beauties S/L #373 w/matching number Art Portfolio if anyone is interested.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Still after letter Dystopia, letter Carrie and
    Signed or inscribed Cujo 1st!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Default King Books/Items Wanted

Signed Shining 1st anyone?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 344 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 ... LastLast