Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 344 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could you please sort of explain what are the storylines of the alternate versions, if u dont mind? (use the SPOILER code to hide it)
    ta.

And... what's the story between King's end?

what is submitted to the magazine at the same time as the beginning? When and were was it later published?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When I get the September 1977 copy I'll post both storylines if no-one objects.

I'm not sure, but I'd assume that King had submitted the entire story and the magazine editor used only the first 500 words for the initial publication in the March 1977 issue. His entire version was published in the June 1977 issue.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it would make sense, i was... curious

Thanks for your offer :-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    When I get the September 1977 copy I'll post both storylines if no-one objects.
    Thanks, John. Feel free to start a separate thread for this if you think that would be appropriate (we can merge it later if prudent). Also please use spoiler tags either in the post or in the thread title.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've started a thread in the Cara Laughs forum. I've posted the synopsis of the Rains story there. I'll post one for the Bowie story as soon as I read it. (I just got the magazine a few minutes ago.)

John

Country
    Country Flag

thanks

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out DTbay for a signed limited The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon still in original numbered shipping box

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Check out DTbay for a signed limited The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon still in original numbered shipping box

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Ralph, you may want to post this in the pinned DTbay thread as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    that's a great resale price for someone.
    i would buy it... except i'm boycotting the book because of S&S

700.00 is 400.00+ over what my original order from Simon and Schuster was... and 200.00 over what my second revised order was.

only way i'd ever buy this is if i got it for the original 285.00 that it was supposed to cost in the beginning publisher's offer.

but since the final publisher price was 1000.00, someone without a grudge should consider it a steal.... surprised it's still available.... but makes me glad i didn't pay the rediculous 1000.00 S&S bumped the price to.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't remember that the initial price was $285! I thought it was the $500.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Same here. My first order started out at $500. I paid $800 in the end (no pun intended)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I didn't know book publishers were kin to auto mechanics.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    it was 285.00 or maybe 295.00...something like that... i forget... but that was the price amazon offered it at (and i place an order via) - so i assume that price wasn't pulled out of some amazon's butt, but originated from S&S . then S&S decided to only offer them through their website...at 500.00, where i placed an order at and recieved a verification for...
    when the price was raised to 750.00 i told them to shove it up their ass.
    then the price went to 1000.00 ....and now ....they can shove all their books where only darkness resides. hence my lifetime boycott of these scammers.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked about this before and I still haven't been able to procure a copy at a reasonable price. I'm looking for the Cycle of the Werewolf hardcover, yet any copies I find are way too expensive. So I wonder if anyone here is willing to part with theirs, especially should they have several. I'd like to not spend over $100, so help a fellow out, huh?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have or know where I could find a PC copy of Wizard and Glass?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I asked about this before and I still haven't been able to procure a copy at a reasonable price. I'm looking for the Cycle of the Werewolf hardcover, yet any copies I find are way too expensive. So I wonder if anyone here is willing to part with theirs, especially should they have several. I'd like to not spend over $100, so help a fellow out, huh?
    Sorry, but i dont have an hardcover copy. I just wanted to tell that in the past i did see a Cycle of the werewolf copy (US i think). It is such a small book. The french version is the usual A4 (i think) size... that's all

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Yes, I have one to spare. I also have spare copies of PC version of DT 2 and DT 3. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Yes, I have one to spare. I also have spare copies of PC version of DT 2 and DT 3. Shoot me a PM if interested.
    PM sent.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This isn't a King item, but nevertheless something I have been looking a while for: Cemetery Dance's Grave Tales comic, Issue 3.

I have all the other issues but #3 to complete my collection, so any help would be nice. Thanks!
    Geoff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I´m looking for a copy of Christine S/L.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

There are 3 items that i am really looking for (as i mainly collect french items):
    o an early magazine, with an excerpt of Carrie (1976)
    o a french 'review copy' of Bag of Bones (i only know one copy of it). with a letter and fac simile of sig on the front
    o Cracked Monster Party 25

Country
    Country Flag

Currently on the look out for some of the more common UK 1st editions - say 1990 onwards. If someone in the US can help with this it'd be appreciated, as the freight from across the pond gets expensive.

Also, a US 1st of Firestarter.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    This isn't a King item, but nevertheless something I have been looking a while for: Cemetery Dance's Grave Tales comic, Issue 3.

I have all the other issues but #3 to complete my collection, so any help would be nice. Thanks!
    Not sure if you found this yet, Geoff, but there's one on eBay for just under $10 with postage.

Grave Tales #3

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really really really really want a hardcover version of the Tommyknockers. It's my 2nd fav SK novel, and I need it in hardcover for my collection.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 344 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast