Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: YouTube Video *end of series spoilers*

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Maybe its on the YouTube page somewhere? I don't know because I'm at work and our firewall blocks the site.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so. I think you'd either have to put it in your original post when you upload the video, or put credits in.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

I promise I'm not trying to be a smart a** I'm just wondering if you had to ask permission to use the artwork for your avatar. I want to know because I want to use some of the comic book artwork on my myspace page but I haven't because I don't want to be in any violation.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

If you ask me it's not a problem.
    Avatar is an avatar. Such a little pic.. It's my opinion.

Roland would have understood.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

yeah, i'm sure it's not a big deal. unless they track you down and find out. then they'll kidnap you in the middle of the night and send you to Sasketchewan.

happened to my uncle. we haven't seen him since.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, thats what your twin brother tried to do to me, serious stuff

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

that's cause he's all business. don't mess with him, bro.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, he's is friggin crazy, I learned last time

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Valkyrie, I would think that anything we use that's not ours we should have permission for, technically. But unless you're out there trying to make a buck off of it, or pass it off as yours, for an avatar I don't think it's a big deal.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

How about a full size of the picture you use as your avatar on a myspace page? Is that going too far?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    How about a full size of the picture you use as your avatar on a myspace page? Is that going too far?
    The way I see it it isn't.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not get permission from anyone to use the comic book images on our comics page.

I looked into this A LOT when I started this site and the general consensus is that if you are not using publicly available images for profit, you can do pretty much whatever you like.

If I was using the images to sell the comics, totally different story.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Or if you were claiming you drew them.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I called up Stephen King the night before I put my avatar up in DarkTower.Net and he said that it was A-OK for me to use it. He said he put that little episode with the spiders in the barn behind him.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    My opinion is what matters most MD. Duh, dumbass.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2