Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Video *end of series spoilers*

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

:radioactive: YouTube Video *end of series spoilers*

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this. I stumbled upon this on UTube and really enjoyed it.

While it isn't explicit, it may be more than you want if you're not finished. So spoilers apply!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tLyO3vfdro

Forgot to mention that if you haven't finished the books you might not want to watch!!!
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 09-26-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: add spoiler

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

perfect spot for it, thanks Valkyrie
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

did i see some mike beck art in there?

I like the music but did you get permission from those other not so famous artists? Do you credit them?

I can tell you're a huge fan and that took a lot of time and effort to put that together. It was visually entertaining and it brings some good memories for me.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    but did you get permission from those other not so famous artists? Do you credit them?
    She said she stumbled upon it, so if you're directing those questions at her she wouldn't be the right person to ask.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I loved the video, very impressive. It got me choked up at certain points..very well done.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Ya that was pretty awesome! So, I musta' been dozen off, but did anyone see the teaser for the gunslinger? I knew good Ol' Clint Eastwood would have to be involved in this thing some how.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Meh. Kinda dumb, I thought.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

who asked you?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

My opinion is what matters most MD. Duh, dumbass.

Noooooooooow MD understands...

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah well, some people need to be told up front how important I am.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a lot of DT movies on YouTube. This one has some better use of imagery than most.

And everyone steals copyrighted stuff on there. Doesn't make it right, but there you go.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

I don't think its a problem unless you're making money off of said material or trying to claim that it's yours. This person isn't making money off of it and isn't claiming the artwork used in it is theirs.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    but did you get permission from those other not so famous artists? Do you credit them?
    She said she stumbled upon it, so if you're directing those questions at her she wouldn't be the right person to ask.

ah, thanks all hail, i missed that she said that.

I reread my post and it does come off a bit snotty but truly it wasn't meant that way. I was just curious.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

ah, thanks all hail, i missed that she said that.

I reread my post and it does come off a bit snotty but truly it wasn't meant that way. I was just curious.
    No problem, and I didn't think you were being snotty at all just maybe missed the part about her stumbling onto it on YouTube thats all.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

wow, a lot of artist's work are in there. they must have been all taken from dt.net. I spotted a lot of Boehmke and Irish Jamie's work in there, along with one of mine.

and I agree, it was kinda....eeehhhh. kinda weak.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

i totally recognized your painting in there mike
    i think the person who made it could have at least
    said where they got the fanart pics from
    ideally he should have listed the artists in the info part
    although, damn there were a lot of pics in that thing
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, fine line there. But remember folks: Just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I think asking permission would have been good form even if it isn't strictly required.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

yeah, i don't really care. it's neat just to see it in there.

but it would have been nice, eh?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think part of the deal with posting stuff on the 'net is that you have to figure someone is going to take it and use it for something. If you copyright it or mark it in some way, then you may have a case.

But hey, I'm not a lawyer. I do, however, believe in giving credit where credit is due.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

I did watch a few of the other DT videos on there as well. I didn't like most of them but I thought the one I posted here was pretty good. I liked the music better than some of the other ones. I figured that they used a lot of artwork from fans. Not being an artist myself, I don't really know how I would feel if I saw my own work being used without my permission...but I think it would probably bother me on some level. If anyone sees any other ones they think are really good, please post the link!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Slight threadjack, but who did the music for that one? I liked it too.

Also, remember folks we're making assumptions that permission wasn't asked. Does anyone know that it wasn't? Personally I doubt it, but I don't know for sure.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there is a piece of Mikes artwork out there and he wasn't asked so I think folks are going mostly by that.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would think, if you went to all the trouble to ask for permission, you would state that somewhere in your video.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast