Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Stephen King’s Battleground

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I understand why they chose to use it but the cover is indeed horrible. For me the main problem is that it's an actual photo (or movie still) - for some reason I absolutely hate photographic covers on fiction books.
    It's not intended as a "fiction book", it's a Commemoration of the television adaptation. Thus it was deemed fitting to use a screen shot from the short movie. Think of it this way: You wouldn't want a photo of James Cameron on the cover of the Commemorative DVD of "Avatar", and you wouldn't want an artists drawing on the cover of the Commemorative edition of "The Terminator".

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry but regardless of it being in commemoration of the show or not, I don't think it's fitting cos it's just awful. The font, the picture, all of it. They could have done so much better. I'm a huge fan of the story and even enjoyed the show, but no way I'm buying any edition of this cos the cover screams poor production to me...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I'm sorry but regardless of it being in commemoration of the show or not, I don't think it's fitting cos it's just awful. The font, the picture, all of it. They could have done so much better. I'm a huge fan of the story and even enjoyed the show, but no way I'm buying any edition of this cos the cover screams poor production to me...
    You have a valid opinion, and as a consumer can and should choose what you want to buy-but...if the old saying-don't judge a "Commemoration" by its cover....To this day I dislike (hate) the blurred effect on the covers of the S/L. and AE DT VI and VII that Donald M. Grant did, but I sure bought them, like a pig at the trough I lapped them up.

EDIT: And from a SK collecting standpoint I can see that the primary interest is that King only signed 26 lettered copies. I don't think there will be but one or two PC's with Kings signature on them. Completists will have to have one (and pony up >$1K). That certainly doesn't bode well for Gauntlet selling the other versions.
    Barry had a chance, and the rights to do the book. If he didn't, no one else would have, and thus there would be one less SK lettered book in the world.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know what? The heck with it all, I like it and just became the high bidder for the Fundraiser copy up for sale!!!!!

I think it's a kinda unique and cool item, IMHO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200728441957...84.m1426.l2649

In fact, if no one objects RF, I'll do it outside of ebay to save the fundraiser fees. I'm willing to go to $60 + s/h. I'll just "gift" ya the funds. Anyone object to that? It's one more "proof" in my collection and I love the story. Please share your thoughts!!!! I don't want to do anything unethical to anyone. It's charity, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You know what? The heck with it all, I like it and just became the high bidder for the Fundraiser copy up for sale!!!!!

I think it's a kinda unique and cool item, IMHO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200728441957...84.m1426.l2649

In fact, if no one objects RF, I'll do it outside of ebay to save the fundraiser fees. I'm willing to go to $60 + s/h. I'll just "gift" ya the funds. Anyone object to that? It's one more "proof" in my collection and I love the story. Please share your thoughts!!!! I don't want to do anything unethical to anyone. It's charity, right?
    Even though there will be fees, the best way to sell it once it is listed is to let the auction take place-it would just be too much like "insider trading" to close it now. Certainly if someone made an astounding offer it would be accepted by members as fair, but for now just bid $500 on it, and if no one bids it more than $50 it will all work out well for both you and the fundraiser.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Merlin bids $500, then I'll bid $490!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This book is a kick in the pants! Of the stories TNT did as part of the 8 hour mini-series "Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes", this one has always resonated with me.
    There are many behind the scenes portions that are fascinating. The interviews alone are reason to buy the book-but wait, you get more! Unseen (to the public) storyboards that read like their own Graphic Novel, special effects pictures and descriptions, cinematography information that is keen, and would certainly help today's rank amateurs shooting a movie with there cell phones, a fascinating discussion on how the movie music was composed-including music notes. I've never seen anything like this!-OH, and you also get the Matheson screenplay, interviews with the Director, William Hurt, and others involved with the production.
    Money well spent. Buy the book, read it, watch the movie, and reread King's short story (included in the book). Hours and hours of entertainment.
    I give it 6 beers on the 6 pack rating system.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just to be clear...is this six Miller 64's or are these a manlier brew such as GUINNESS EXTRA STOUT?

P.S. BTW this was a great review with awesome info.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This book is a kick in the pants! Of the stories TNT did as part of the 8 hour mini-series "Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes", this one has always resonated with me.
    There are many behind the scenes portions that are fascinating. The interviews alone are reason to buy the book-but wait, you get more! Unseen (to the public) storyboards that read like their own Graphic Novel, special effects pictures and descriptions, cinematography information that is keen, and would certainly help today's rank amateurs shooting a movie with there cell phones, a fascinating discussion on how the movie music was composed-including music notes. I've never seen anything like this!-OH, and you also get the Matheson screenplay, interviews with the Director, William Hurt, and others involved with the production.
    Money well spent. Buy the book, read it, watch the movie, and reread King's short story (included in the book). Hours and hours of entertainment.
    -------------------
    MY review :

I must admit that when i heard that Gauntlet Press wanted to make a book about that short story, and more precisely about its adaptation, i was a bit skeptical about the interest of such a book.. because the story is pretty short : how to make a complete book about it?

But Gauntlet Press managed to put together a really interesting set of interviews and contributions from all sorts of people involved in this episod : from the screenwriter to the producers, the SFx experts, the composer... and let's not forget, William Hunt, which is known worldwide as an actor with a "specific" voice, but that had to do his performance without saying any word.

This book cannot be read... one can only devour it.

In my opinion, the 3 main elements of this book are : Stephen King's short story, Richard Christian Matheson's script, and the storyboard (which can be read as easily as a graphic novel. Well, once again, it cannot be read : one would find himself turning the pages compulsively!).

The storyboard itself is a good reason to buy this book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Barry at Gauntlet Press has extended a special offer to members here.
    "Anyone who purchases the signed ($125) edition of BATTLEGROUND will get a free unsigned copy of ILLUSTRATED MASQUES."
    YOU MUST in the Comment's section write "Free Illustrated Masques."
    Gauntlet Link to Battleground

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King's Battleground S/L #26 of 125

$166 BIN or Make Offer; issue price was $125; not signed by King

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

Ya know, I really want one of these for some reason, but it still seems to be a little too pricey IMO. I'd go for it in the $100-125 range.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

Ya know, I really want one of these for some reason, but it still seems to be a little too pricey IMO. I'd go for it in the $100-125 range.
    Well, looks like it is still available from Gauntlet Press for the original 125. But it says there are 998 of the limited edition and 499 of the numbered edition in stock, so take it for what its worth.

I bought one from Gauntlet Press in Nov 2018. He forgot to write a number designation, and I emailed him about it and he said he forgot in his rush, and said to write 111 in as the number. So maybe there were still 14 left at the time.

https://www.gauntletpress.com/produc...-battleground/

I think I may have gotten the last of the optional slipcases.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just for no reason I took a picture:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5