Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King’s Battleground

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not yet.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Barry still lists it (in his Coming Attractions page) as coming in 2011. I'm not holding my breath.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if this will every be published.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I have a proof/ARC coming if and when it ever gets published.

John

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, this was updated on their site just a couple of days ago:
    Set for Publication Spring/Summer 2012

A definitive collection of Stephen King’s classic short story with which was adapted for television by Richard Christian Matheson. We start with King’s short story and then move to R.C. Matheson’s script for the opening episode of “Nightmares and Dreamscapes”, which starred William Hurt and was directed by Brian Henson. Henson will provide storyboards used for the episode which won two Emmy awards.

Those contributing include:

Director Brian Henson
    Executive Producer Bill Haber
    Jeff Beal, who won an Emmy for his score for Battleground
    Actor William Hurt
    Michael Wright, Executive Vice President and Director of Programming for TNT
    Visual Effects director Sam Nicholson
    Producer Jeff Hayes
    Lee Romaire, Special Makeup and Effects Designer
    Editing the book is Richard Christian Matheson, who also wrote the screenplay for the episode.

~~~~~~~~

26 copy Signed Lettered Edition (the ONLY version signed by Stephen King) is $1250

125 copy Signed Numbered Edition (signed by Brian Henson, Jeff Beal, Jeff Hayes, Michael Wright, Lee Romaire, Bill Haber, Sam Nicholson, and Richard Christian Matheson) is $125

Limited Edition (unsigned) is $75

Taking orders starting January 1, 2012
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't it seem like King is involved in a new signed limited coming out every other month? It's like he's gearing up to retire, so he's trying to make as much money as possible now.

I mean, the lettered edition is ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS more than the numbered edition. All because of King's signature. Insanity. I HOPE this doesn't sell out, just to teach these fucks a lesson, lol.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    I mean, the lettered edition is ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS more than the numbered edition. All because of King's signature. Insanity. I HOPE this doesn't sell out, just to teach these fucks a lesson, lol.
    It must have one hell of a traycase.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a money grab by the publisher. I doubt King gets even close to that amount per book.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think people associated with the movie are getting a substantial cut.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok on the chance that I am a total ding bat here. There was a movie of this? wow I missed this one completely.
    Christine

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It was part of the Nightmares and Dreamscapes series on TNT.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK now I remember it.
    Christine

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    This was the same with the lettered edition of Richard Matheson's Nightmare at 10,000 feet. But in this case it was William Shatner signing, so it was $1,200. But this is nothing new, some of the early Bradbury Lettered Editions that Gauntlet did are priced at $1,000 while the Limited is $100. So Gauntlet's charged over a thousand for quite a few of their Lettered Editions in the past.

Anyway, finally glad to see this is coming up. I'm sure I'll get a signed numbered edition probably.
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't this the same publisher that sold that Masques book signed by King for 1500 something dollars? That never sold out last time I heard? You'd think they would have learned something from that.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King’s Battleground: The Gauntlet sig/lim book

Some news direkt from the Gauntlet page about the sig/lim Battleground Book.
    Publication Spring/Summer 2012

26 copy Signed Lettered Edition (the ONLY version signed by Stephen King) is $1250

125 copy Signed Numbered Edition (signed by Brian Henson, Jeff Beal, Jeff Hayes, Michael Wright, Lee Romaire, Bill Haber, Sam Nicholson, and Richard Christian Matheson) is $125

Limited Edition (unsigned) is $75

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...R_ID=322701268

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How long is that story again? 15 pages? $1250 seems totally reasonable.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I've hardly seen such a great disparity between prices for the limited and lettered editions. That traycase probably has twenty dollar bills lining the inside of it.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I bet the licensing for the script - which meant TV and literary people had to be paid - drove the necessary price point way up. I bet the profit for the publisher is much. much less than we think.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about that--$1250 for one of the lettered ones (the only one with King's signature) seems very excessive. I'll be passing on that one.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I bet the licensing for the script - which meant TV and literary people had to be paid - drove the necessary price point way up. I bet the profit for the publisher is much. much less than we think.
    I am not privy to the specifics, but I have been told exactly that.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I don't know about that--$1250 for one of the lettered ones (the only one with King's signature) seems very excessive. I'll be passing on that one.

John
    Oh yeah, totally excessive....but I don't consider it a money grab as much as just the cost of doing business. They'll sell them - 26 copies is nothing, and even if it takes awhile, they'll get bought by somebody.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There doesn't seem to be much info about the differences between the editions...?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd been thinking about whether or not I would go for the lettered edition at that price. Now that the order page is active, I figured what the hell so I placed my order. Shortly after, I got this email:
    Thank you for your order. For the lettered edition of BATTLEGROUND we will be having a lottery which will be explained in our next newsletter going out Wednesday. You will be part of the lottery and once it is conducted you will be contacted as to whether you will receive a copy of the lettered or go on our waiting list.
    Best,
    Barry Hoffman
    Gauntlet Press

I guess they are expecting the demand to exceed 26 even at that price.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast