Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Joker (The Dark Knight)

14 45.16%
  • Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

17 54.84%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BMCOAT - FINALS !!

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Much. much. worse. Sorry, Woofer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    There will be another Joker in 20 years when some filmmakers decide to rehash Batman again. Not so sure that there will be another Indy, though. (but I still voted for Joker)
    That's a good point. But why would it contradict your vote? Maybe it makes Indy more unique or distinctive... but at the same time, *sigh* doesn't it imply something about how great the Joker character is?
    It doesn't contradict it. I was just saying that Indy is less replicable than the Joker but I realized that by saying that I might be giving the impression that I voted for Indy when I didn't. As great a character as Ledger's Joker is they'll be another Joker coming along in a decade or two. To my mind this makes Indy more iconic than Ledger's Joker (even if, pound for pound, Joker was the better character). In 40 years, I think there's a good chance that we'll look back on Indy in nostalgia similar to that connected to George Bailey or Rick from Casablanca. I don't see this happening for Joker because they'll be other Jokers.

On a side note, the Joker is my favorite villain...not only in comicdom but in general. So when you have him acted so well its going to be very very hard for anyone to take my vote from him.

Hey there's an idea for a Best Movie this or that poll....Best Movie Antagonist....not Villain mind you...antagonist. The word "villain" allows for anti-heroes like Michael Corleone who is, without a doubt, a villain. But he's also the protagonist of the story he's part of. (Alan Rickman's "Hans" from Die Hard comes to mind)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oooooooooooooooh antagonist poll? I like that!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oooooooooooooooh Alan Rickman? I like that!!!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tied at 12 ! What a finaaaaleeee!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

There's a long time until the poll closes... ( on 11-24-2009 at 01:06 PM ) ... plenty of time to recruit your friends !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad I waited until my vote for Indy mattered the most.

bwahahaha
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

There's still time, feev.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Joker!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm...sorry Nando.

He's part of my childhood.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If we count the Batman comics, then we also have to count "Young Indiana Jones" from TV.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

For your enjoyment, fine people:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVNNhBtBbOs"]YouTube- Indiana Jones Theme Song (Full Song)[/ame]

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely LOVED Ledger's performance as "The Joker" but I can't believe this is close!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One more for Indy. Sorry Joker, never voted for you, not now either....

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

that clip of the indy jones reminds me of the James Bond Jr. Cartoons.

"the name is Bond. James Bond. ......Jr." i used to love those.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Gay

Two great characters - I'm not surprised it's close at all... but I'm still pulling for Indy !!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

2 more days, and I really hope Joker wins. I like Indy, but his character doesn't have the strength of presence that Heath's Joker does, IMO.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    2 more days, and I really hope Joker wins. I like Indy, but his character doesn't have the strength of presence that Heath's Joker does, IMO.
    Two more days? Yeah right, Feev isn't going to close this poll until The Joker takes the lead.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You've said too much

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You've said too much
    *is found bloated on the shore of a river*

My Mood
    Gay

We're in the final hours !!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YAY!!!! Indiana Jones won!!!

Or rather The Joker didn't win!!!

Yay!!!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Gay

I'm very happy !

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast