Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And one final word...

Demon of the Prim Gaberax is on a distinguished road Gaberax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default And one final word...

Not sure if this is the proper forum...if not, someone in authority please move it...anyway,

This morning I was thinking about a dear friend whose funeral I attended a couple of years ago. The cemetery was small, but old, and as I was leaving, I stopped to read a beautiful poem on one of the other headstones. It described the young (at the time of death) man's work, from the poem some sort of mathematical career, and how the time had come to put his slide rule away. It was very touching.

Anyway, as I was thinking about my friend, I was thinking “What would be on my headstone? What would my final words to the world be? And as the train slowly crawled into the city this cold, gray morning, I imagined a somber, dark, rain-soaked stone jutting from the ground and the words I imagined written there made me smile:

If the sun's now shining and it’s a beautiful day
    Go on and play,
    And think of me.

If the rain is now falling and the wild winds blow
    Find yourself a warm place to go
    And think of me

But if it's now the dark of night
    TURN OFF THAT LIGHT!
    I’m trying to sleep

~Gaberax

What would your headstone say?
    Grrr...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice ending, Gabe!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gaberax View Post

What would your headstone say?

No name
    No date
    One word only

Spoiler:
    Vacant
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fine my friends, only if we want to keep this thread in Bird&Bear (I know I do), please post only those epitaphs for yourself that are poems, or may pass for such; that is, follow Gaberax's example, not Brice's

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine was a poem. The part you overlooked was metered silence.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought as much. I've seen them all in Bird&Bear...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread