Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Micheal Corleone (The Godfather)

11 42.31%
  • Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

15 57.69%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BMCOAT - Semi Finals, 2 of 2

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMCOAT - Semi Finals, 2 of 2

Michael Corleone (Godfather)

Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

If it had been George Bailey against Michael, the Godfather would not have been my vote.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Corleone, once again.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Michael as well. Indy is great. Very fun character. But he's squat when it comes to complexity.

BTW, its very interesting to me that 3 out of the last 4 contestants are criminals/bad guys. And if things keep going like this we're going to be picking between two crime bosses for the win. Very interesting.

Could it be said that collectively our little pocket of humanity at DT.com prefer bad guys to good guys?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

go indy!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

it seems as though the "bad guys" tend to have more complexity in general...
    I think it would be more fun to be an antihero than just a hero.

I think of Indy as a comic book character
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    it seems as though the "bad guys" tend to have more complexity in general...
    I think it would be more fun to be an antihero than just a hero.
    this is what I completely disagree with, - in short, Huckleberry Finn is more complex and far more fun to be than Injun Joe (or Henry Leyden than Henry Bowers, for that matter) but this certainly requires a thread of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I think of Indy as a comic book character
    Quite. That is why I can't vote in this bracket. I don't care a f**k about either of them.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i believe the correct term is "i don't give a f**ck".....
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh, I believe I was able to get my point across anyway

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

correct sir...point has been gotten across
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom Sawyer

(Is that the right shade of gray?)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Mean mean pride.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Indiana Jones advances to the final !

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

meh, wasn't very invested in this one.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Two clearly iconic characters.

My vote was with Indy, though I think them both amazing.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I never realized Indiana Jones was that popular.

Spoiler:
    To be honest, I've never even seen one of his films. I guess I'm going to have to now to see what all the fuss is about.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Spoiler:
    To be honest, I've never even seen one of his films. I guess I'm going to have to now to see what all the fuss is about.
    Sincerely?!?

Wow. I thought everyone had seen them.

Indy is a great character... and the films that show this the best are Raiders and Last Crusade...which is why they are my two favorites.

Start with Raiders... skip Temple of Doom... then onto Last Crusade ( my personal favorite ) and basically, the last one was :meh:.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's true. I'll let you know what I think.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Gay

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Spoiler:
    Sincerely?!?

Indy is a great character... and the films that show this the best are Raiders and Last Crusade...which is why they are my two favorites.

Start with Raiders... skip Temple of Doom... then onto Last Crusade ( my personal favorite ) and basically, the last one was :meh:.
    I didn't think Temple of Doom was bad at all. Sure, not as good as Raiders and Last Crusade but not a bad movie at all. Now the last one? Meh.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite out of the four.

Country
    Country Flag

temple def. lacked something, but it was ok. raiders was great, and last crusade was my favorite (i think bc i saw that one first, and connery of course). the last one wasn't so bad, just kinda far fetched
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    temple def. lacked something,
    Nazis?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Spoiler:
    Sincerely?!?

Agreed; you're seeing the basic differences between Lucas and Spielberg.

+ Reply to Thread