Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

"I was adding my new copy of the Scribner edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole to my collected books today, I noticed the options for cover image included a version I'd not seen before..."

I think librarything has the original, tiger-less DJ in its database, and nothing more than that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Precisely.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Precisely.
    So you think Ms. Mod is confusing Ltd's? maybe thinking about the DMG edition? But she mentions a Scribner Ltd specifically. Hmmm.....................................

The plot thickens me thinks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the dust jacket they are talking about:

It is under the "Member Uploaded Covers" section of this page. Just for fun, I added my own cover that I drew in MS Paint. Let's see if you can figure out which one it is.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for fun, I added my own cover that I drew in MS Paint. Let's see if you can figure out which one it is.
    LOL - when my edition arrives I'm gonna choose that cover!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    "I was adding my new copy of the Scribner edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole to my collected books today, I noticed the options for cover image included a version I'd not seen before..."

I think librarything has the original, tiger-less DJ in its database, and nothing more than that.

For me, this cover was probably added to amazon or another database at some point although it wasnt the final cover... and that's why he have this choice to put this "version" on LibraryThing. IMO it didnt get released this way, and it wouldnt be the first time that a cover that isnt FINAL is available online and people think it is the main cover.

ie : this link is for the french version of CELL on amazon :
    http://www.amazon.fr/Cellulaire-Step...6566610&sr=8-2

But the cover is the one that was PLANNED to be used... and wasnt. It, however, is the cover for the CANADIAN version.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I PM'd the poster of that picture of the possible variant at the SKMB and he said it was simply an image at LibraryThing.com.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why have they started to make so many different variant covers here lately? Except for the fact they know collectors are going to buy each one.
    I wonder how many Doctor Sleep will have.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know when the lottery will take place?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems that most of the variant covers are coming from the UK. Some of the larger book store chains are producing these. I don't really see that happening in the US.

John

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

No lottery is allowed until i get my books!!! End of story

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    LOL! sorry, that made me laugh. I was wondering about the lottery myself, but completely understand.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    NEW UPDATE... Seven new numbers were added yesterday. Not bad for a Sat. Do anyone have anything to add today? I know some of you are still waiting for arrival... Thanks

12 - becca69 (TDT)
    13 - doktordru (Collector Forum)
    14 - anonymous (TDT) [orginal owner agrabin]
    18 - Alan G (TDT)
    39 - ajw2910 (Collector Forum) [Waterstones]
    42 - mcdonaldj (TDT)
    44 - artj26 (ebay) - Sold 4/2/12 ($650 buyer 9***5)
    46 - jhanic (TDT)
    49 - Mr. Rabbit Trick (TDT)
    52 - TCCBodhi (TDT) *** FOR TRADE <800 GRANT ***
    55 - willie3 (TDT) [eBay purchase at issue price w/ Waterstones receipt]
    57 - jonp (Collector Forum)
    63 - Greg (TDT)
    66 -Tito_Villa (TDT)
    67 - ELazansky (TDT)
    68 - Clacke (TDT)
    69 - jimimck (TDT) *** FOR SELL ***
    75 - RIC #520 (TDT) [Hatchards Website - 04/24/2012]
    78 - Room 217 Caretaker (TDT)
    82 - Stockerlone (TDT)
    85 - Greg (TDT)
    89 - joeblasko128 (TDT) [Waterstones]
    93 - Betts Books (store) *** FOR SELL $600 ***
    100 - DYBBUKIM (TNT) *** FOR TRADE <500 GRANT + Cash ***
    113 - fenpad (ebay)
    128 - mistercrowley (TDT)
    129 - Greg (TDT)
    131 - Roog (TDT)
    134 - kkemikk (TDT)
    144 - PCC (TDT)
    153 - Skyofcrack (TDT) [Hatchards Website - #9 on reserved waiting list]
    157 - shnnrc01 (TDT)
    162 - Randall Flagg (TDT)
    164 -ronitooks (ebay)
    165 - Kungfudave (Collector Forum)
    171 - jhanic (TDT)
    180 - anonymous (TDT) (orginal owner divemaster) [Haven Foundation copy]
    191 - neosatus (TDT) [Waterstones]
    Unopen - Roseannebarr (TDT)
    Unopen - ELazansky (TDT) [For another TDT member]
    Unopen - killbourne (TDT)
    Unopen - agrabin (TDT)
    Unopen - RIC #520 (TDT) [orginal owner agrabin]
    Unopen - anonymous (TDT) [orginal owner agrabin]
    Unopen - anonymous (TDT) [orginal owner agrabin]
    Unopen - The Collector (Collector Forun) [Hatchards ATM]

Unopen - derPrediger (German SK Forum)
    Unopen - Lauterer (German SK Forum)
    Unopen - mcdonadj (TDT) [sold to a forum member]
    Unopen - blaeberry (ebay)
    Unopen X 2 - analectabooks (ebay)
    Unopen - signedbookaddict (ebay)
    Unopen - sskilpatrick (ebay)
    Unopen – Very Fine Books *** FOR SELL $699 ***
    Unopen – deadzonefan23(ebay)

*** BOLD - NEW UPDATES ***

55/200 (27.5%) Shrinkwrap 31%)

AKC looking for 32/200
    Greg looking for 157/200 (found shnnrc01)
    Patrick looking for 196/200
    Add# 73 - tippy4 (TDT) to the list, and remove Unopen - mcdonadj (TDT) [sold to a forum member]
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Unopened-RF

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

ADD 88/200 THANKS ERIC

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    ADD 88/200 THANKS ERIC
    You're very welcome. Glad it arrived safely.

So, we can remove -- Unopen - ELazansky (TDT) [For another TDT member] -- and add 88 for needfulthings

Traveler Parhelia will become famous soon enough

You can add 141 (from Hatchards)

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Amen to that

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

NEW UPDATE... New numbers added... Randall pop it open, you may have #19...... Thanks for the updates on the trades, sells, etc..

63/200 (31.5%) Shrinkwrap 35%)
    AKC looking for 32/200
    Cook looking for 79/200
    Greg looking for 157/200 (found shnnrc01)
    Patrick looking for 196/200

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

ADD 88/200 THANKS ERIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Unopened-RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Parhelia View Post
    You can add 141 (from Hatchards)
    You missed these......
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    ADD 88/200 THANKS ERIC
    You missed this......
    Thanks tippy..

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting gaps. I can understand how 1-11 might not show up, but there is big gap 18-39 also.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting caught up on this thread... Thanks for keeping up that list of owners, including the short list of people (including me) who are hoping to find a specific number. You guys with the unopened books, and therefore unknown numbers, are killing me!

I have a copy on the way from another member. I'll post the number when it arrives.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my UK Trade copy from Amazon UK undamaged (thankfully). As I said, I ordered it with DVD's so I think that helped it, although, it could've easily been messed up still. I got lucky.

Along the Path of the Beam deanhoadley is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

Can someone put me down as having three unopened copies please, I will be opening two of them when I get home tonight but not sure if im going to open the third as yet. Im in the UK also. I will supply the numbers tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast