Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I just got an email from Karen saying "if I had of replied to her email asking how I wanted the book shipped, it would have shipped by now"

Um - what bleeping email asking how I want it shipped???? I haven't heard from Grant since 3rd Jan, and I'm being told its my fault the order hasn't even shipped yet?????
    Probably some email you deleted without reading, or ignored, or otherwise overlooked...

So yes, it's probably your fault it hasn't shipped yet....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it is most likely the guy who has been hanging out for this book for the past two months and checks his emails multiple times a day just thought to delete the email from Grant.

No way the company that has been quoted as saying we are too busy to reply to emails so don't email us perhaps didn't send said email in the first place....

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Where did all the AEs go? Were there really 5000 sold to collectors?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    Where did all the AEs go? Were there really 5000 sold to collectors?
    Grant is still selling copies. https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-twttk.html

I'm sure it'll take a while to sell them all.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

It's suspicious. King usually signs in blue these days and the "g" in King doesn't look right. Maybe I'm paranoid but I would never buy a signed trade edition from eBay or anywhere else. Because I just don't know. I have 7 signatures. 4 signed limiteds and 3 signed trade editions from book signings where I myself saw King sign the books. I guess I'm not the trusting type. If I ever bought a signed book off eBay that was not a S/L I would be up all night looking at the signature and calculating and recalculating the probability that King actually signed it or otherwise questioning the metaphysics of owning a signed book where I just don't know. It's kind of like the cat. It both is and is not a signed book.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Agreed. never buy a signed book from ebay. even if they say it is real.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My signed copy of TWTTK is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick it up! Cant wait until tomorrow. I cant believe they actually sent it!

Any body in the US get their facsimile signed books from PS Publishing yet?

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    It's suspicious. King usually signs in blue these days and the "g" in King doesn't look right. Maybe I'm paranoid but I would never buy a signed trade edition from eBay or anywhere else. Because I just don't know. I have 7 signatures. 4 signed limiteds and 3 signed trade editions from book signings where I myself saw King sign the books. I guess I'm not the trusting type. If I ever bought a signed book off eBay that was not a S/L I would be up all night looking at the signature and calculating and recalculating the probability that King actually signed it or otherwise questioning the metaphysics of owning a signed book where I just don't know. It's kind of like the cat. It both is and is not a signed book.
    Schrodinger's cat. Quantum Mech...basically until the object is observed it has equal probability to be in both states.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, officially Grant's official communications have been more than a bit prickly, nor can I really defend the fact that there are still "first editions" that haven't made it to their destinations 2 months after being published and AFTER the trade edition has come out, but I will once again stick up for them as being a premier publisher of collector editions. I've had a near perfect decades long relationship with them, and have always known they are going to get the best copy in my hands that is possible.

Valid arguments on both sides of the fence here, but Grant remains my preferred publisher for any DT first editions. ****Is that small lottery coming up here soon, I wonder?****

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Yes, officially Grant's official communications have been more than a bit prickly, nor can I really defend the fact that there are still "first editions" that haven't made it to their destinations 2 months after being published and AFTER the trade edition has come out, but I will once again stick up for them as being a premier publisher of collector editions. I've had a near perfect decades long relationship with them, and have always known they are going to get the best copy in my hands that is possible.

Valid arguments on both sides of the fence here, but Grant remains my preferred publisher for any DT first editions. ****Is that small lottery coming up here soon, I wonder?****
    Wondering about the lottery myself.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    My signed copy of TWTTK is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick it up! Cant wait until tomorrow. I cant believe they actually sent it!

Any body in the US get their facsimile signed books from PS Publishing yet?
    PS sent out an email a day or two ago that said they would be getting their books in today (Tuesday).

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Default UK S/L here!

Wow, my UK signed/limited of TWTTKH has arrived already! I haven't broken the shrinkwrap so I don't know what number. I usually don't collect UK books, but I may make an exception because it's a S/L Dark Tower book. The Grant S/L is what I'm really after. Anyone heard of any news about the lottery?

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know know Grant only has two workers but I wished Karen would update the website from week to week.
    But if you are covered up with books I know it is kinda hard to do so.
    Love you Karen,
    Lost

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still not got my Grant books :-(

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is he doing any signings for this book? I haven't seen anything.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Ms Mod on the SKMB, no signings are planned. There are some reports, however, that he has been going into some local bookstores (for him) and signings stacks of books.

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my S/L from Waterstone's today. I was a little nervous when it came in the same "brown-wrap" packaging that my Amazon book did. But, it was wrapped in a bubble envelope and came out without a scratch. Just waiting for my Hatchard's copy so I can pass that on to another TDT member who couldn't get one.

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question about the cover of the US trade edition.You see Tim holding a lantern up but what is the light coming from the trees. At first I thought Tim was holding some kind of wand but after a closer look I see that isn't the case. Does anyone know what the light is for it has puzzled me ever since I saw it.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong thread. Don't answer that here.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I know know Grant only has two workers but I wished Karen would update the website from week to week.
    Jeeze, I think I'd settle for a yearly update.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps when Ari is finished helping David with the website for Betts, he can offer his serviced to Grant lol

Got my UK S/L today from Hatchards! In perfect condition, very well packaged. I'm thinking I'll open the shrinkwrap later tonight at home to see what number I have. Plus a small part of me is thinking about trading it towards either a Regulators or Skeleton Crew since I want them so much more....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Where am I suppose to ask it?
    I thought this was a TWTTK discussion.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing he may be worried the answer to that question may lead to a discussion or spoiler abou tthe actual story.

This thread is more designed to discuss collecting the book and all its editions, while the thread I've posted below is more aligned to discussing the story. Perhaps he thinks your query may be better suited there...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...gh-the-Keyhole

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's right. There are other Keyhole threads dealing with the story and spoilers that I stay away from. This is one that I can visit and not have to worry about spoilers.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Who the fuck put you in charge here?
    P.S. Don't answer that here-do it in a PM to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast