Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I ordered a copy about ten days ago and was charged Wednesday. I really think they should consider email notification of shipment with tracking numbers. Might cut down on those inconvenient emails from paying customers.
    I have to agree. I'm a foreign customer, I ordered my copy of the AE minutes after the link went live and I still haven't received it. I know foreign orders were processed after domestic orders and that's okay with me - I'm a pretty patient guy anyway. But some kind of tracking info would be nice, I really have no idea where the book is at the moment and I have purchased and received several other books from The States in the meantime.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know Tom is trying to get copies for some of you, but if anyone else is interested in getting a UK S/L edition I will do my best. My local store has ordered one for me and they know me well, but there is another store some distance away so I could go there. No promises obviously, but if there is serious interest then I will do my best. PM me to let me know.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a copy about ten days ago and was charged Wednesday. I really think they should consider email notification of shipment with tracking numbers. Might cut down on those inconvenient emails from paying customers.
    You have to remember that Grant's is a very small operation, and the time to generate the shipping emails is time taken away from processing the books. I agree that it would be nice, but...

John

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Grant books are sent via Media Mail so there is no tracking available. Should take 7-10 days to cross the country. Maybe 14.

I contacted the Piccadilly Waterstones store and here's what they said:

I'm afraid we can only take reservations for this book in store, in person and with a full payment.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tracking on media mail (actually delivery confirmation) is possible, and costs something like 80 cents.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I finally managed to put in an order at our Amsterdam Waterstones. Now I don't know if anyone at Waterstones is keeping track, but it could quite well be the total of these orderes is/will get to over 200.
    I'm still not sure I'm going to get my copy.

sk
    Did they ask you for a pre-payment, as they did with me?
    Yes. I could only place an order if I made a downpayment of €120.00 - half of the total owed. I did get a confirmation plus number order.
    Unfortunately (??),my creditcard hasn't been charged yet - as I placed the order late Saturday, I guess...

sk

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Tracking on media mail (actually delivery confirmation) is possible, and costs something like 80 cents.
    Delivery Confirmation is different from tracking. Once it's delivered, the person who sent it can get confirmation that the package arrived. That doesn't help the person who is receiving the packing who still cannot track it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If Grant upgraded to a system to use UPS (an example) that provided tracking, the shipping costs would be would be much more than media mail. Just be patient. As long as you know it is coming in a week or so, is it really that crucial to know?:
    • 4/1/2012 00:01-Notification of expected shipment
    • 4/2/2012- 02:40- Departure Arrival scan
    • 4/02/2012- 03:10-Departure shipped
    • 4/4/2012- 13:30-Arrival depot scan
    • 4/5/2012- 13:45 Arrival depot local departure scan
    • 4/6/2012- 09:30 Local depot arrival scan
    • 4/7/2012- 07:00 Out for delivery
    • 4/7/2012- 17:05 Delivered
    4/7/2012-21:03 Picture posted of the same book 799 others received...

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Yes it is to me. And delivery confirmation can be tracked by the receiver. Many small presses use this method. In fact it's rather common.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

What about a Grant-shipping-books-status-update, Karen?
    Is it just me, or does it seem like there has been very few books shipped?

Very few have shown up on ebay.

No updates from Grant or Karen recently.

I've not seen a lot of members stating they received their books.

They've been shipping books over a month.

Methinks something is afoot.

Karen....inquiring minds want to know.

Are you the only person shipping books????????
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    What about a Grant-shipping-books-status-update, Karen?
    Is it just me, or does it seem like there has been very few books shipped?
    From the March 13 Grant E-Mail #79:
    All books that have been charged up to this weekend (March 10-11) have been shipped.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got mine awhile ago!!!

So did quite a few others. Maybe you need to check the "collections" threads? Just a thought...................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Actually it's only 19 cents if paid for online, rather than purchased at a physical location. And you're right! I send all of my Media Mail deliveries with delivery confirmation and it works very well.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Yes it is to me. And delivery confirmation can be tracked by the receiver. Many small presses use this method. In fact it's rather common.
    Quite correct. Confirmation doubles as a tracking tool.
    Even paypal has an automated system that emails the delivery notice and tracking number to the customer when the tracking number is generated. Why Grant doesn't use it? Who knows, but they've shown to have horrible judgment concerning other business decisions so it's not really surprising that they're not on top of that either.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Even paypal has an automated system that emails the delivery notice and tracking number to the customer when the tracking number is generated. Why Grant doesn't use it? Who knows, but they've shown to have horrible judgment concerning other business decisions so it's not really surprising that they're not on top of that either.
    Hey now!!! I don't think that is quite fair!!! The folks at DMG do their level best. They have been producing top quality editions for many years, that include some of King's most popular works!!!! Not to mention the DT books!!! They save us collectors a bunch just by shipping via "Media Mail" instead of other more costly services. Just because they don't provide "Tracking info" is no reason to trash a great publishing company with very high standards!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually it's only 19 cents if paid for online, rather than purchased at a physical location. And you're right! I send all of my Media Mail deliveries with delivery confirmation and it works very well.
    E-delivery confirmation on Media Mail is far different than "Tracking", and also quite a but different than Delivery Confirmation-Signature Required. I ship also, and USPS delivery confirmation is only 19 cents, but for items >~$500 some sellers prefer UPS, or signature required (try that if you aren't home-go the next day-or Monday and stand in a 30 minute line), and insurance-all of those mean more than 19 cents. I can send a $75, 5LB. book via USPS Media Mail with E-confirmation from California to Maine for ~$6. UPS with tracking, or FedEx would be more than double-and shipped ground do not arrive any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hey now!!! I don't think that is quite fair!!! The folks at DMG do their level best. They have been producing top quality editions for many years, that include some of King's most popular works!!!! Not to mention the DT books!!! They save us collectors a bunch just by shipping via "Media Mail" instead of other more costly services. Just because they don't provide "Tracking info" is no reason to trash a great publishing company with very high standards!!!!
    I didn't comment on their quality of Books Bill. I commented on their shitty customer service, lack of detail and awful shipping policy.

I still haven't gotten my order--the one with a stated release of February... and yeah I'm pretty unhappy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    E-delivery confirmation on Media Mail is far different than "Tracking", and also quite a but different than Delivery Confirmation-Signature Required. I ship also, and USPS delivery confirmation is only 19 cents, but for items >~$500 some sellers prefer UPS, or signature required (try that if you aren't home-go the next day-or Monday and stand in a 30 minute line), and insurance-all of those mean more than 19 cents. I can send a $75, 5LB. book via USPS Media Mail with E-confirmation from California to Maine for ~$6. UPS with tracking, or FedEx would be more than double-and shipped ground do not arrive any sooner.
    I don't know how it's different from tracking... When I order something with delivery confirmation I am able to see it tracked from city to city. How is the "tracking" you mention different from that?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the members that have said when they've received their copies of TWTTK (either AE, S/L or both):
    bdwyer19 [2-24]
    Merlin1958 [2-27]
    LostAlivE [2-28]
    TCCBodhi [2-28]
    Ben Staad [3-2]
    pablo [3-3]
    Robert Fulman [3-3]
    Dan [3-5]
    Bev Vincent [3-5]
    George at C-Springs [3-7]
    divemaster [3-12]
    jhanic [3-14]
    BigCoffinHunter [3-14]
    needfulthings [3-15]
    Randall Flagg [3-15]
    ur2ndbiggestfan [3-17]
    Garrell [3-17]
    wizardsrainbow [3-19]
    pixiedark76 [3-20]
    Lurker [3-23]
    Patrick [3-23]
    Ari_Racing [3-26]
    becca69 [3-26]
    AKC [3-30]

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was one of the first to order, but my creditcard hasn't even been charged yet.

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I was one of the first to order, but my creditcard hasn't even been charged yet.

sk
    Same here, as far as I know. I am not upset but yes, shipping confirmation and/or some basic tracking info would be appreciated. I assume that my book was shipped over a month ago but I have no way of knowing without bothering the DMG staff (which I don't want to do).

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Surely it would have got to The Netherlands in a month?, just how long do you normally wait for US orders?.

I'd have emailed them long ago, if they don't give regular updates on my order then I don't think there's anything wrong in emailing them regularly to find out, their don't email us attitude totally stinks.

Country
    Country Flag

I normally receive my US orders within one or two weeks (depending on how much they have to travel within The States before leaving for Europe).

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting for info on my order too

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just be patient. As long as you know it is coming in a week or so, is it really that crucial to know?
    Easy to say when you've received your order.

I'm in the same boat as Michaël, in that I ordered the day we were able and haven't received or heard anything. Orders from the states usually take a couple if weeks (some quicker, some longer) and it is just annoying not knowing anything and feeling like if I email them I'm doing something wrong. How long are people expected to wait before deciding something may be wrong and trying to find out what's going on???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast