Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have already started reading the Grant edition and I must say it is very good. Tim Ross is outstanding character in the book. I know after I have finished reading it I am going to wished there would be another book about Tim kinda like Jack Sawyer in The Talisman and Black House.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this from my UK contact:

David, my contact at Hodder tells me they are not doing proofs this time around, for TWTTK.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the same info from my source.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard the same thing.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ditto.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, my Grant limited edition arrived today! #464.

At least I assume that's what's in the box. I'm not actually going to open it until later.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I demand pics!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been out of the loop for a while now. So both the AEs and S/Ls are shipping?

I'm surprised I haven't seen any online yet!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I demand pics!
    Here's s few...

Huh, not sure why they are showing up as thumbnails. Usually the link from Imageshack provides large pictures. Anyway, I'll wrok on it later. Right now I'm being summoned for dinner. (FIXED!)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume you ordered only a S/L?

According to the newsletter, they were shipping the AEs, then the S/Ls, and then the combo orders.

This policy wrangles me a bit.

"We're going to ship the books to the folks who spent the least $ first, then the second-least, and the folks who sent us the most $ get their stuff last.

Not trying to be elitest....but it seems like publisher's consistenly send out the higher dollar orders last.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you (and Congrats)! It looks great. I can't wait to see them enlarged.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Try living overseas and having to wait for your items to be delivered! I haven't received my AE edition yet while people are getting their S/L's. Its just the way it goes I guess. I don't think how much a person pays for their book should impact on the publishers shipping policy....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

According to the newsletter, they were shipping the AEs, then the S/Ls, and then the combo orders.

"We're going to ship the books to the folks who spent the least $ first, then the second-least, and the folks who sent us the most $ get their stuff last.

Not trying to be elitest....but it seems like publisher's consistenly send out the higher dollar orders last.
    You surmise correctly. I only ordered the S/L.

I can't figure the photos right now. Imageshack is the glitchiest thing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel your frustration, but in defense of Grant Books, the S/L wasn't ready to be shipped. They sent out single AE orders first as the books were ready to be shipped-why delay shipping them until after the S/L's are ready?
    Next they are sending S/L orders (now that the S/L is ready), and then they are sending the combo orders (presumptively in the same box) to save members on the shipping charge.
    It "prickles" me a bit too, not only that, but why not send out the higher Zipcode #'s first (give buyers in California, Hawaii etc. a fair chance), but sooner or later they have to decide a shipping method and priority.
    I am not selling mine, but it also favors single S/L buyers who live closest to DMG. I comfort myself by knowing that on a brilliantly blue sky "cold day". It's 70 degrees here....

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They're a small group over there at Grant and they have to send out the books the best way for them. The AE only orders would be the easiest and quickest to send out. The S/L would take longer.

All my Grant books have ALWAYS arrived in perfect condition over the years. It's always worth the wait.

All good things...

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I completely agree. For a long time I had in my head FEBRUARY and that was when I'd be able to read the new DT book. Now it's mid-March and it's looking like there's still some waiting ahead...
    If I don't get my order before April I'm going to be livid. Had I known they would be handling orders this way I would have placed two orders so that I could get my AE asap. I spent nearly $600 and I don't know why I'm having to wait so long.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i probably wouldn't have ordered the AE if i knew it wasn't going to get to me before the trade was out!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Books like this are almost always delayed from their initial announcement. Sometimes the Limited gets delayed until after the Trade Edition. Read the e-mails from Grant. The updates tell you everything that's going on. The S/L's started shipping on the 6th but they can only pack up 10 per hour so even if they work an 8-hour shift that's 80 books per day. It would take at least 10 days to ship them all and some will be packed with the AE, some will be foreign, etc...Plus, they're going out via Media Mail Insured which is the slowest way a package can travel. Worst cast scenario, the last of the S/L's goes out around the 20th and is received around the end of March. Still, nearly a full month before the Scribner release.

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can understand the frustration but give a thought to the unfortunates who can't secure/don't qualify for the Limited. I have 3 Ltd's on order from Grant $1000 worth and living in England I don't expect to get mine 'til maybe early April, not a problem because I know I will get them unlike some. Just a thought.....................

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

We have now shipped out AE orders that were placed through March 1st. The deluxe orders ship by number, not who lives closer. We start at the beginning and work our way up. That is the way it's always been done, that's probably the way we will always do it.
    Please remember that we are a staff of 2 people. One doing all the paperwork and the other doing all the packing. We can only work as fast as we can. We are not machines. We are humans. Please try to have patience with us. It's a product worth waiting for.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Karen!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    We have now shipped out AE orders that were placed through March 1st. The deluxe orders ship by number, not who lives closer. We start at the beginning and work our way up. That is the way it's always been done, that's probably the way we will always do it.
    Please remember that we are a staff of 2 people. One doing all the paperwork and the other doing all the packing. We can only work as fast as we can. We are not machines. We are humans. Please try to have patience with us. It's a product worth waiting for.
    I haven't seen a charge for my AE yet, but I assume that was due to the issues with my credit card. Hopefully it will be on its way soon.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its a long shot at this point, but if anyone has a lead on a PC copy of the S/L - I want it!

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I hesitate to order through Grant directly. The biggest turn off for me is the insistence on not contacting them regardless of whatever concerns you may have because it will slow them down. I'm sorry but if I'm paying you for a product you better be answering my questions instead of dismissing me outright because I'm taking up your valuable time or slowing you down. If a company doesnt have enough employees to handle customer inquiries that's on them. I'll buy the books through a third party.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never had trouble buying the books directly from Grant. Bought each DT book since Wizard and Glass from them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast