Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 113 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny, with 11/22/63, I felt compelled to buy the UK Slipcased Edition (I got number 112; if someone finds 263, hook me up). I think that was driven by the fact that I saw SK at the JFK library and got a signed book, and the fact that I was actually able to buy the S/L at a reasonable price.

With TWTTK, I'm just not feeling that need. I think that the Grant Artist's Edition will be sufficient for me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuys View Post
    Hoping to hear from some voices of experience.
    What is the best method for purchasing one of the UK "trade" editions of The Wind Through the Keyhole for myself in the US? I'm kinda hooked by the idea of the mosaic using photos submitted by people on Facebook (I submitted one). If my photo is one used, then I would like to acquire a copy of the book.
    Is it best to purchase direct from the UK publisher? Via Amazon or Amazon.uk? Or wait until Cemetery Dance offers some of the UK trade editions on their site (as I am a happy customer of CD)? I guess I could just watch and pick up a copy on eBay, but I has less confidence in being sure of the condition coming from an individual reseller.
    Please let me know some opinions on which way I should proceed.
    Thanks, Daniel
    Just be awarethat if your photo is selected, it will likely be no larger than this smiley:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually get all my UK trade editions from Amazon.co.uk. I had one book damaged, but they took care of the replacement.

John

John F. Kennedy DisneyGuys is on a distinguished road DisneyGuys's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just be aware that if your photo is selected, it will likely be no larger than this smiley:
    Yes... but still kinda cool. I'll know it is there.
    It would be nice if the publisher offered for sale a few dustjackets only that were still flat to have as a collectible and conversation piece.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What is the best method for purchasing one of the UK "trade" editions of The Wind Through the Keyhole for myself in the US? I'm kinda hooked by the idea of the mosaic using photos submitted by people on Facebook (I submitted one). If my photo is one used, then I would like to acquire a copy of the book.
    Is it best to purchase direct from the UK publisher? Via Amazon or Amazon.uk? Or wait until Cemetery Dance offers some of the UK trade editions on their site (as I am a happy customer of CD)? I guess I could just watch and pick up a copy on eBay, but I has less confidence in being sure of the condition coming from an individual reseller.
    Thanks, Daniel
    Daniel,
    The mosaic photo on facebook will not be on the book. It's for facebook only. It is a publicity stunt to publicise the book.

Anyone who wants UK editions, should buy from Amazon. They are the cheapest book sellers in the world. (I never personally buy my books from Amazon).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Thanks, Daniel
    Daniel,
    The mosaic photo on facebook will not be on the book. It's for facebook only. It is a publicity stunt to publicise the book.

Anyone who wants UK editions, should buy from Amazon. They are the cheapest book sellers in the world. (I never personally buy my books from Amazon).
    Ouch, I guess I didn't read the small print well enough.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Daniel,
    you sure about that?
    I thought I read the mosiac would be on the book, but the picture would be so small you would not be able to make out your photo on the book, but they would put a larger picture on facebook for you to check out?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Daniel,
    you sure about that?
    No I'm not. That's just what I remember reading somewhere. I did not take much notice as i am not on facebook.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My understanding is that the mosaic will be pictures as big as a pixel (or so) and therefore it will hardly be noticing.. but it will be there.

Something like that.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have just checked on PS Publication regarding the UK version.

Not sure how long this offer has been available, but free shipping anywhere, and 20% voucher for other items for the first 200 orders. That must help subsidise the price for this?

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-wi...ing-1218-p.asp

I bought the UK 11.22.63 facsimile version, and that was ok, not a big fan, rather have the real deal, but thought I'd point out the offer.

I can't get too fired up about this book as yet, to me, in my head, the series is complete, BUT I'm thinking about reading the full series again, and when I do that, I'll read it at that time, between 4 and 5. It confuses me a little because I actually love this series, and just don't have the heart for this. Wierd. I'm hoping that reviews will knock sense into me.

John F. Kennedy DisneyGuys is on a distinguished road DisneyGuys's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm posting this information only because there seems to be some confusion regarding the mosiac for the dust jacket on the UK edition. While I can no longer access the Facebook Ap that was set up for submissions and had the "fine print" included, I did find this information archived in the ever-useful resources at Lilja's Library.
    To celebrate the publication of The Wind through the Keyhole, the hotly anticipated new episode in Stephen King’s fantasy series The Dark Tower, we’re inviting you to help make literary history; lucky entrants will have their faces featured on the back of the jacket artwork.

Using mosaic design technologies, thousands of readers’ images will be incorporated in the illustration on the back cover of The Wind through the Keyhole.

For your chance to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, all you have to do is upload your photo via this facebook app https://www.facebook.com/stephenkingbooks. We can’t guarantee that everyone’s photo will make it on – but we’ll contact you when the jacket is ready so you can see if your face is featured, and if you’ve been lucky, you can share your pixels of fame with friends and family!

And Heinercj quoted from the "fine print" in the comments of the page:
    "Selected photographs will be printed on the cover of the book using mosaic technology and will only be clearly visible through the Facebook site, not on the actual printed book cover."
    So, I think it is correct that the photos of people's faces will be on the actual dust jacket for the book, but too small to really make out. Still, I personally thought it was cool because it reminded me of the scenes of Jack's visit to the rose in NYC and Roland's visit to Maine where King describes the immediate area as being filled with faces making up everthing in the vicinity.

Thanks for the suggestions on the best way to purchase the UK edition.
    Daniel

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

The Hodder edition with facsimile signature will be available through Amazon US?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't count on it. They may list it, but they may not get any copies.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

EDITION: Slipcased Hardcover with specially printed dustjacket.
    This is from PS's website. What slipcase will they use the Grant slipcase or will they make one themselves and what about the DJ?
    Is PS going to do like they did with the "11/22/63" DJ? To me "special" means PS will make a different DJ for the book?
    If they are going to make a different DJ that would be great and maybe worth getting and if they make a slipcase of their own.
    I just hope it won't be like the one they did for "11/22/63."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm posting this information only because there seems to be some confusion regarding the mosiac for the dust jacket on the UK edition. While I can no longer access the Facebook Ap that was set up for submissions and had the "fine print" included, I did find this information archived in the ever-useful resources at Lilja's Library.
    To celebrate the publication of The Wind through the Keyhole, the hotly anticipated new episode in Stephen King’s fantasy series The Dark Tower, we’re inviting you to help make literary history; lucky entrants will have their faces featured on the back of the jacket artwork.

Using mosaic design technologies, thousands of readers’ images will be incorporated in the illustration on the back cover of The Wind through the Keyhole.

For your chance to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, all you have to do is upload your photo via this facebook app https://www.facebook.com/stephenkingbooks. We can’t guarantee that everyone’s photo will make it on – but we’ll contact you when the jacket is ready so you can see if your face is featured, and if you’ve been lucky, you can share your pixels of fame with friends and family!

"Selected photographs will be printed on the cover of the book using mosaic technology and will only be clearly visible through the Facebook site, not on the actual printed book cover."
    So, I think it is correct that the photos of people's faces will be on the actual dust jacket for the book, but too small to really make out. Still, I personally thought it was cool because it reminded me of the scenes of Jack's visit to the rose in NYC and Roland's visit to Maine where King describes the immediate area as being filled with faces making up everthing in the vicinity.

Thanks for the suggestions on the best way to purchase the UK edition.
    Daniel
    Thanks for the information.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the distinction. The pics will be too small to see yourself on the book but can be enlarged on Facebook.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In other words.....a waste of time, and or a facebook self flagellation.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In other words.....a waste of time, and or a facebook self flagellation.
    Or in other words - quite an exciting opportunity to be part of Stephen King history and have your face on the cover of one of his books. Who cares if you can't see it, just knowing it is there may actually be quite cool to a lot of people.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't care less about having my face on the cover of this book, nor about the facsimile signature.
    But of course I got myself a copy....

sk

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon.co.uk has the collector's edition of THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE, limited to 700 numbered copies, which features facsimile signature, head and tail bands, ribbon marker and slipcase.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't plan on getting a copy via Amazon. Just because they list it doesn't mean that they will actually get copies.

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, an interesting quirk of PS Publishing's webstore is that their inventory system will tell you how many copies of a book are left if you try to order too many. For example, I tried to add 1000 copies of TWTTK to my cart and got the error message, "There is only 322 of The Wind Through The Keyhole [slipcase] A Dark Tower Novel by Stephen King in stock." Assuming that they started with their 400 copy allotment, they have sold 78 copies in the last couple of days.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Crafty!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazon.co.uk has a legitimate looking picture of the Hodder slipcased edition:

Also, PS has sold 100 copies.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

It does look smart but still not worth the £100

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 113 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast