Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    1. I think we should stick with Grant for consistency and because Grant produces the first editions of these books.

2. Those thumbnails are links to the actual book discussion subforums, aren't they? (It's been a while since I clicked on them.) If so, would a LSOE thumbnail link the same subforum as DTI?
    The images actually link to the Catalog entry for the specific title. Just beneath the thumbnails there is a link that says "Book Discussion". That links to the Baronies where each book has a discussion thread.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Despite the fact Scribner's cover is oodles better, the Grant is the first edition so that's the cover that should be used.
    Wasn't 5,6, & 7 Artist Editions the true first as well? If so, shouldn't they be the covers representing the story?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The original thought was to display the first Trade edition of each title.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the clarification, Jerome.

I'd like to see the DMG S/L covers (first volume for the two-volume books) depicted, but that's just me. Never thought about the AE's vs. the Trades, Ralph. I'm fine with any DMG cover as long there is some sort of logic to it.

I hope others chime in with their thoughts as well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The AE editions were the first.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The AE editions were the first.
    But they were not the first Trade edition.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You should probably remain consistent and go with the Grant covers. As far as LSOE goes, to me once it was married by Grant to "The Gunslinger" that made it officially a DT story in my book.

Totally out of the blue, but this just got me thinking about Talisman and BH. In Talisman Jack flips to the "Territories", but in BH he flips to Roland's world. I gotta go find me a thread...........................LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! After an exhausting 10 hour drive due to snow and accidents that blocked the highway from Dallas to Alamogordo, I'm tucked into the hotel. Signed in to the computer to see that Karen (or her minion) sent me my order confirmation for the AE. Sadly, I don't have <800 of TLOE, so I'll have to get my postcard in for the lottery, that'll be the only way I can get it. I can barely afford directly from Grant, let alone after-market. Maybe someday I can get myself a consistently numbered full series, but I've had a lot of fun, excitement & misery in working my way up from the trade edition of DT 2 - 4, Money enough to preorder the AE for DT5 & 6, and FINALLY getting called in the 6th lottery (starting with DT2 at age 15 or so) I'd entered on DT7 for copy #1487 or so, lucked out again for LSOE and got up to copy #100x. We'll see if I get 3rd time lucky this time around.

Shelving this, I'll likely put it AFTER the original seven. Next time I reread the series though, I'll take my cue from SK initial announcement and I'll probably read it in between 4 & 5........the next time I begin my trip through the desert with Roland.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there an artwork difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Artist Edition?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Is there an artwork difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Artist Edition?
    No.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may have been asked, but will the Grant Artist Edition be similar in size to the seven main editions or oversized like LSOE? I'm hoping for the former.

Thankee

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who will be the first to get a proof?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    This may have been asked, but will the Grant Artist Edition be similar in size to the seven main editions or oversized like LSOE? I'm hoping for the former.

Thankee
    It's my understanding it will be similar in size to the first 7 DT books.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Who will be the first to get a proof?
    I'm betting on jhanic. If not then it will be pasiuk57.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or carlos!

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love all of the covers of Grants AE editions they look far better than any of the trade edition's covers. Butthis time around the trade of TWTTK has the AE edition of Grants beat. Grants AE edition looks like something Marvel came up with for them.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I love all of the covers of Grants AE editions they look far better than any of the trade edition's covers.
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to the US trade editions.
    But have a look at this Swedish cover: my favorite by far, easily beating any of the Grant editions.

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course, Bev is out of the line, because i bet that he did already read a manuscript and will get a proof before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I love all of the covers of Grants AE editions they look far better than any of the trade edition's covers.
    But have a look at this Swedish cover: my favorite by far, easily beating any of the Grant editions.

sk

Brilliant! Who is the artist?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Brilliant! Who is the artist?
    Steve Stone. He's an amazing artist! Wish he would do the Wind Through the Keyhole cover!

http://www.stevestoneartworx.com/galleries/index.html

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He's also responsible for the artwork of the 2003 Viking reissues of DTI-IV. An amazing artist indeed.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh he did that awesome cover for The Waste Lands. Yeah he should have done the new one for Grant!

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

sk

Wow, that's awesome. I'll have to try to get one of those.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

sk

Wow, that's awesome. I'll have to try to get one of those.
    You're right, Then again "Eeeeeeeeee, and sneetch's" kinda take the shine off, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice artwork indeed!
    Got myself the DT 5-6-7 hardcovers from Sweden. Pretty expensive but very nice

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Thankee
    It's my understanding it will be similar in size to the first 7 DT books.
    Thankee sai

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast