Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    If you've never heard Steve read the first three books, you've yet to experience the full depth and breadth of the Tower stories
    I don't know....
    I've listened to King reading The Gunslinger, and I wasn't impressed. I thought the reading was..ehm, flat...

I prefer reading my Kingbooks.

sk

Traveler Jergen19 is on a distinguished road Jergen19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont know if I'm ok with the series spinning off without Roland. I would like to hear more stories like Wizard and Glass (greatest of the series) But he has to keep Roland in. I'm so excited!

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Its been a while since I dipped into the SK world - work and life seems to have steered me away from my passion for The Dark Tower, so whilst surfing tonight finding that Mr King plans to write another volume is HUGE NEWS!!!!

So, it does seem to have gone quiet on this on the forum - I wonder if the missing contract for DMG has been sorted and I need to make space on my bookshelf for another treasured volume?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

no contract as of yet!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

oh well, fingers crossed that it happens soonly - about time we had another quality SK ltd from DMG.....he really ought to let you have more books....

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post

So, it does seem to have gone quiet on this on the forum - I wonder if the missing contract for DMG has been sorted and I need to make space on my bookshelf for another treasured volume?
    Missing contract?? What happened???

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it on very good authority that King has started writing this new Dark Tower tale. Leaned the news at the King signing in Portsmouth NH Dec 2.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

oh well, fingers crossed that it happens soonly - about time we had another quality SK ltd from DMG.....he really ought to let you have more books....
    Hopefully Grant does this one...can't imagine it going to anyone else.

Funny, though...Tippy made the valid point in another thread that Grant has done five limited editions in the last 10 years - Black House, DT V-VII and LSOE - so they're not exactly treated unfairly.

CD has done four, I believe, in approx. the same span - Buick 8, SOD I+II and FDNS. Am I missing some? I'm just going off memroy.

But WITK will be a Grant book certainly.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have it on very good authority that King has started writing this new Dark Tower tale. Leaned the news at the King signing in Portsmouth NH Dec 2.
    It's like an early Christmas present!

Thanks, David!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Funny, though...Tippy made the valid point in another thread that Grant has done five limited editions in the last 10 years - Black House, DT V-VII and LSOE - so they're not exactly treated unfairly.

CD has done four, I believe, in approx. the same span - Buick 8, SOD I+II and FDNS. Am I missing some? I'm just going off memroy.

For CD, you might want to include Lonely Roads' Riding the Bullet.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

For CD, you might want to include Lonely Roads' Riding the Bullet.

John
    Blockade Billy should go in there as well

Mulleins

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ah...knew I was forgetting a couple (although with only the lettered signed, I don't think I count RTB).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Great news, thanks!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope the story has something to do with Patrick. Would really like to know about him and the story that surrounds him.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I just don't know about a DT that isn't about Roland. Ok, I'll admit, I have a "Roland thing" big-big.

No matter what the focus is, I am sure I will read it anyway.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I hope the story has something to do with Patrick. Would really like to know about him and the story that surrounds him.
    Good Point!!! It would be cool to find out how he ended up in Mid-World!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Since Furth "stole" the chance for King to tell about the battle of Jericho Hill and the fall of Gilead, I would be most interested in reading Patrick's back story. That being said, I will more than happily read anything set in Mid-World. I'm jonesing for some new stories. I'd also like to see someday, a collection of shorts dedicated entirely to Mid-World.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

When I hear something about a contract I will let y'all know!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    When I hear something about a contract I will let y'all know!!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see that the comics prevent King from telling the story of Jericho Hill, fall of Gilead and whatever he wants to write about. I'm pretty sure we'll know more about Sheemie and Rhea.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I don't see that the comics prevent King from telling the story of Jericho Hill, fall of Gilead and whatever he wants to write about. I'm pretty sure we'll know more about Sheemie and Rhea.
    That's true I suppose, but the comics do address a lot of what went unsaid in the books and I just don't see King diving into that area where his assistant already explored.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I understand that maybe that'll be covered territory for King, but still...if he has something in mind, I believe he will write about it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Very true!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind King rewritting all that Furth stuff. He should just come out and say her stuff sucked and write a proper version.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I wouldn't mind King rewritting all that Furth stuff. He should just come out and say her stuff sucked and write a proper version.

For what it's worth (I'm making no judgments yet), In the most recent interview with Ron Howard he said that he and his team have been incorporating a lot of Furth's comic stuff into their plotting discussions.

"Howard said the 36 issues that have been published so far absolutely inform his own view of the mythology. “It’s the ongoing evolution of the characters and the discovery,” Howard said of the comics that are plotted by Robin Furth and scripted by Peter David with King overseeing everything as creative director. “There are new interpretations of the rules of the world and the story. It’s a really useful and compelling part of this already fascinating creative journey that we’re on.”

Although I should probably not divert this thread to the movie discussion... So um, what ever King writes for WitK, I'm sure will please me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast