Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    In regards to this part of the speculation: "...we just want to sell the books with as little effort on our parts as possible..."

I disagree. Confirming 800 numbered editions of LSOE is going to be a PITA for the publisher, especially since some material quantity of books were resold in the aftermarket.

To make as little effort as possible, the publisher would simply sell the books on a "First come, first served" basis starting at some appointed day and time.

I shudder to think how hard it would have been to collect a complete set of the dt if grant had taken a first come first serve policy

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Christine, Scribner and Grant produced the last three DT books together.

By the way, good to hear from you again!

John
    I remember that now John, thanks for the reminder, but at least they had the Grant name on them... looks like this time it's all Scribner.

Just my disappointment, I will have a 1/1 trade of it.

TY for the welcome back, been busy with other things and needed to step away before I added to my credit card debt too much more.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Christine, you could also go for the Grant Artist Edition? That's what I plan to do, anyway. And yeah, welcome back!!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Christine, you could also go for the Grant Artist Edition? That's what I plan to do, anyway. And yeah, welcome back!!
    Funny you should say that... when I first started my journey into the wonderful world of SK collecting I jumped on the artist's editions from Grant. Then I started doing all the research into the editions and found out the difference in "Artist" editions vs. "Trade" editions. I felt a bit dingy after knowing the difference for buying the artist editions instead of the trades, I know they are worth the price but for MY collection I want 1/1 Trades. This is why I am a bit disappointed that Grant won't be involved in the trade edition this time, they make much better books then Scribner does.

The last 2 trades I have gotten by Scribner I had to go through multiple copies to get one that wasn't damaged in production. UTD had marks on the boards from the rollers used in the process and many of the FDNS copies I looked at had end papers pasted wrong. Needless to say I now buy the 1/1 Trades off the shelf at the book store, last thing I need is for amazon to send me a bad copy then not have any more 1/1 in stock to replace it with. Just my feelings here, not everyone is this anal about spending 25$ on a book that is defective I am sure.

Thank you for the welcome back also.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the AE's will be numbered? Why are they making 5000 because they still haven't sold all of the 4000 of Dark Tower VII?
    Is it really Stephen King that only wants to 800 numbered copies or is it Grant? I kinda believe they could talk Stephen King into signing 450 more numbered copies if they wanted to but I could be wrong. I love Grant Books they make beautiful books. I just can't stand the fact that some of us "the 450" are getting screwed about the numbered editions.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is going to the signing in feburary(i forgot the place) and would get me a signed copy of TWTTKH...then I would happily pay them $200+the price of the book.

I do this because I probably wont be able to get a s/l..which sucks, but I understand why Grant does this. I know its a shot in the dark..Thank you in advance.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is getting an extra copy of the s/l of TWTTKH...then I may trade them a copy of the s/l IT for it. I bought my sister in law extra copy..she needed the money and I just thought that would be the easiest way to do things...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The official word this morning is that the mass market publication date for this is April 24, 2012.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So it isn't April 3rd, 2012?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No, it's April 24, 2012.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

send me a pm if you are still interested in trade after the publication date. I should have an extra copy

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    No, it's April 24, 2012.
    At least I can get Easter out of the way before reading the book.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    No, it's April 24, 2012.
    At least I can get Easter out of the way before reading the book.
    now Thats funny

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Let me enlighten all y'all about the order processing...

The customer places the order online
    It comes to me in an email
    I print out that email and it gets sorted into the appropriate pile (how many DXs, AEs and other stuff ordered)
    A temp person then checks the computer to see if that person does, IN FACT, own the number they are claiming.
    I then get to reply to the email order stating what the customer is getting
    Then, for foreign customer, I need to figure out what the shipping is going to be for each and every order over the norm of 1dx, 1ae etc..
    Then the order gets typed into an order system
    Then the credit card gets entered into a credit card processing program
    Then I print out mailing labels
    Then the order gets packed, stamped and mailed

If you figure we have to do this for 800 orders, it takes awhile.
    Also, we tried and tried to get Steve to sign more, and he said no!
    If you think, for even a minute, that we would NOT want to be able to sell more, then you are crazy.
    If you think it makes be cackle and laugh like a demented witch when I tell you you can't have one, then you are crazy!!!

And we are doing 5000 cause it's a new story and Steve is not signing as many as we hoped and we are hoping to get Jae Lee art lovers to purchase them as well.

Have I satisfied your curiosity at all yet?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So from what I just read Karen, I need to bribe two of you to get a S/L copy???

Thanks for the info though, I'm going to be happy with an AE for this anyway....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Let me enlighten all y'all about the order processing...

The customer places the order online
    It comes to me in an email
    I print out that email and it gets sorted into the appropriate pile (how many DXs, AEs and other stuff ordered)
    A temp person then checks the computer to see if that person does, IN FACT, own the number they are claiming.
    I then get to reply to the email order stating what the customer is getting
    Then, for foreign customer, I need to figure out what the shipping is going to be for each and every order over the norm of 1dx, 1ae etc..
    Then the order gets typed into an order system
    Then the credit card gets entered into a credit card processing program
    Then I print out mailing labels
    Then the order gets packed, stamped and mailed

If you figure we have to do this for 800 orders, it takes awhile.
    Also, we tried and tried to get Steve to sign more, and he said no!
    If you think, for even a minute, that we would NOT want to be able to sell more, then you are crazy.
    If you think it makes be cackle and laugh like a demented witch when I tell you you can't have one, then you are crazy!!!

And we are doing 5000 cause it's a new story and Steve is not signing as many as we hoped and we are hoping to get Jae Lee art lovers to purchase them as well.

Have I satisfied your curiosity at all yet?
    Karen?

You are with out a doubt the Best person from the "Boston" area (and Red Sox fan other than SK) I know and that's saying a lot!!!!! You deserve a break!!! Thanks so very much for all your do!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Karen,
    Are the AE's going to be numbered?
    Just keeping my fingers crossed for the lottery to have a chance at getting an S/L.
    Thank you Karen you are the BEST!!!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The AEs are not going to be numbered. Sorry

Thanks peeps :-) I try my best to NOT work hard...these damn King books make me work 40 hours a week! BAH! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

...and we appreciate all that you do

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    ...and we appreciate all that you do
    Brown=noser!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

maybe.. she works her ass off for a less than appreciative cabal of whiney book collectors. As she is pleasant , even tempered and unfailingly helpful whenever she can.... I think it only civil to say thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    maybe.. she works her ass off for a less than appreciative cabal of whiney book collectors. As she is pleasant , even tempered and unfailingly helpful whenever she can.... I think it only civil to say thanks.
    I was just teasing you. I am fully aware how hard Karen works and how nice she is. Just making a perhaps ill advised wise-crack.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure Karen had a good laugh! I read merlin's comment as tongue in cheek!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Karen needs a good laugh. She has a busy time ahead.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    The AEs are not going to be numbered. Sorry
    Darn.

Karen, when these large projects come along, you always do a great job!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast