Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

The working title of the latest Dark Tower book is "The Wind Through the Keyhole". It is set between W & G and Wolves and does not deal directly with the main characters.

SKMB Mod:
    Stephen has given me permission to pass along that he has an idea for a new Dark Tower book, the working title of which will be THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. He has not yet started this book and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months before he is able to begin writing it.

So what do you think? A Dark Tower novel without the Ka Tet?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It'll be interesting.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm conflicted. I liked the way the series was wrapped up, and to tamper with that seems wrong.

BUT... more dark tower is always a good thing.

So, hmmmm.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you treat this as a standalone DT novel outside the main seven, which it appears to be, then there shouldn't be a problem. I can't wait. I'm guessing a 2011 release date?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    If you treat this as a standalone DT novel outside the main seven, which it appears to be, then there shouldn't be a problem.
    I agree. In all probability it will be something akin to LSOE, only longer (hopefully, oh I don't know, 1000+ pages? ). Not meant to change our perception of the DT saga, but rather to give it some additional substance. I do hope King will not turn out too Tolkienesque, however, I wouldn't want to be bothered with all kinds of unfinished tales, family trees, linguistic essays etcetera in the years to come (is this a sacrilegious thing to say? )

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not even LSOE, because that has Roland. This would deal with secondary characters, or perhaps all-new characters, but set in the DT universe.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Not even LSOE, because that has Roland. This would deal with secondary characters, or perhaps all-new characters, but set in the DT universe.
    My fear with that is that if King opens the door to other stories set in the universe, after his death we will see a plethora of "Dark Tower Tales" that will sully the series - much like the endless books in Ludlum's Bourne series and others.

I think if it were to stay as is it would remain "sacred" so to speak.

Maybe I'm just worrying too much. More DT does tickle my fancy!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you Eric, hence my Tolkien remark. I'm not actually worried, but after this upcoming DT novel King should leave the DT universe alone. Not because there's nothing more to tell, but because sometimes there's no need to.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And will there be a signed limited from Grant.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever comes of this, I will LOVE it. If I could be transported, the Dark Tower world is where I would hope to end up. Your points about "damaging" the series are valid to be sure, but I am always hungry for more info, BUT only if it is from King's imagination.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Whatever comes of this, I will LOVE it. If I could be transported, the Dark Tower world is where I would hope to end up. Your points about "damaging" the series are valid to be sure, but I am always hungry for more info, BUT only if it is from King's imagination.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

More Dt universe can not be a bad thing coming from sai king...
    Any word on weather there will be a grant sl?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    Any word on weather there will be a grant sl?
    It's sold out

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Sai King will be doing this. After living in the DT world through his words for so many months, I didn't want it to end and why should he. This is great news to me!

John F. Kennedy sofaki is on a distinguished road sofaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is GREAT news!! i recently finished reading the series and i cant get over, its very hard to know that there is no more dark tower stories. And now there is a hope!!! Even if it doesnt include the old characters (which is better), it will be set inside DT world (my favorite world) and i will LOVE it, since it will be written by sai King!!!

Country
    Country Flag

What does everyone think of the title? I know it doesn't tell us much, if anything - but keyholes means doors, and that's cool right there Plus I think it's just a very cool and unusual title.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am very much open to a new story on the subject of the Tower, any more insight we can gain from King in that arena is really cool.

I just opened Under the Dome and I always read other writers but starting a King book is like putting on an old comfortable sweater.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler MacarDeschain is on a distinguished road MacarDeschain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book could go any where or when? Yes as you say that is will take place between W&G, and WotC, but I hope that it goes more in to Tet Corp. But I guess that will be dealt with in Discordia.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I just opened Under the Dome and I always read other writers but starting a King book is like putting on an old comfortable sweater.
    QFT!

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't be surprised if TWTTK touched upon the stuff in the comic and/or Discordia.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanta patrick danville novel!!!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler LBD 3 is on a distinguished road

More DT is always welcome!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Also I look forward to a DMG S/L edition. Hopefully the same size/feel to complement the Grant LSOE editions and not something completely different.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

At this moment in time, we do not have a contract for the new book. So, if it's coming out in a year, it ain't comin from us. But bear in mind, Marsha said that he wouldn't be working on it until about 8 months from now.

And then there's the editing time and such..I am thinking, if he's finished with it in a year, it might take yet another year for it to come out.

Just my thoughts!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And by that time it is 2012 and the world has ended....so there will not be another DT book.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast