Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Terry, I feel your pain, darlin. But there is nothing that can be done.
    Irregardless of what you want us to do, this is what we have always done. This is what we are going to do.
    I am very very sorry for all the people who won't be getting their numbers, really, I am. I think it sucks!
    But if Uncle Stevie wants to only sign 800, then that is what is going to happen.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just hope that the lottery will be for people that already owns a higher # of LSoE..not just a random person that doesnt own one.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that is how they will do it.

They will offer unsold copies via lottery to owners of LSOE 801-1250.

Any unsold copies after that (unlikely) will be offered via lottery to the general public.

My ONLY complaint with the way Grant sells these books is that they take too damn long to do it.

When they start taking orders they should give the owners of LSOE 1-800 two weeks to place their orders (while at the same time they should be accepting lottery submissions from the owners of LSOE 801-1250 for unclaimed copies).

Two weeks after the start taking orders, they should do the lottery for any unclaimed copies.

Right now they drag out the process for months, stopping just short of sending out carrier pigeons to the eligible buyers.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Yes, that is how they will do it.

They will offer unsold copies via lottery of owners of LSOE 801-1250.

Any unsold copies after that (unlikely) will be offered via lottery to the general public.

My ONLY complaint with the way Grant sells these books is that they take too damn long to do it.

When they start taking orders they should give the owners of LSOE 1-800 two weeks to place their orders (while at the same time they should be accepting lottery submissions from the owners of LSOE 801-1250 for unclaimed copies).

After that, do the lottery for any unclaimed copies.

Right now they drag out the process for months, stopping just short of sending out carrier pigeons to the eligible buyers.
    Thanks. I have never laughed and cried at the same time till today.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...yeah, that's true...they email like 3-4 times before putting your book into lottery play. And, really, once you get the official ordering annoucement that should be enough. People don';t need their hand held that much.

I think there will be a healthy number of books in the lottery. If I remember, the LSOE 'lottery' ended up accomodating everybody.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Haha...yeah, that's true...they email like 3-4 times before putting your book into lottery play. And, really, once you get the official ordering annoucement that should be enough. People don';t need their hand held that much.

I think there will be a healthy number of books in the lottery. If I remember, the LSOE 'lottery' ended up accomodating everybody.
    There were also 450 more books in that lottery AND it was a re-printed story. I believe the exact opposite, that this book will sell out almost immediately and there will be no more than 100 - 150 books in the lottery.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

I tend to believe that there will be much more demand for this book due to the lower print run and its being an original story versus a reprint. Demand may also be dependent on which edition is considered the "true" first edition. I'll be interested to see how different the AE will be from the trade edition, whether the S/L and AE will be released before the trade edition and, if so, how long before the trade.

Karen, any thoughts?
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    It really is baffling to think that someone would wait weeks or even months before placing their order, particularly in light of the fact that Grant doesn't require pre-payment like some of the other publishers, which makes it a lot easier to offer up your credit card knowing it won't be charged for quite some time.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha...yeah, that's true...they email like 3-4 times before putting your book into lottery play. And, really, once you get the official ordering annoucement that should be enough. People don't need their hand held that much.
    EXACTLY.

They are already giving them first shot at it...they don't need to spoon feed them too!

I am going to disagree.

Low print run plus brand spankin' new story equals sell out.

Plus the economy is in better shape now than it was with LSOE.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Price the S/L book at $1000 and all this hassle will go away. The ones who don't have $1000 can buy the signed Artist edition.

(Remember CD priced the lettered Blockade Billy at $1250)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a note that there has been no notice of a trade edition yet. I don't doubt there will be one, but when?

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    And the lowest number I could find, Jeff Bergman Books, #144, for $598.50:

http://www.choosebooks.com/displayBo...=157222681&b=1
    Aahhhh.....why can't I just say NO!
    Went ahead and bought it!

It's only money..right?

sk

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Price the S/L book at $1000 and all this hassle will go away. The ones who don't have $1000 can buy the signed Artist edition.

This is not logical. The price has nothing to do with the number of books available. You're comparing the price of a unique lettered edition (not published by CD) of less than 60 copies to a S/L of 800 copies. If they priced it anywhere near that, they'd have 400 copies sitting in a warehouse for 3 years. Not exactly good business practice. Like Karen said, there will only be 800 copies because that's all King is willing to sign. Pricing them higher isn't going to make more copies appear.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Aahhhh.....why can't I just say NO!
    Went ahead and bought it!

It's only money..right?

sk
    That's what I told myself yesterday (and many days before).

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I agree that it will sell out fast. it's a new story. The people that hemed and hawed over LSOE were just not impressed that it wasn't new.
    As for a trade and when and how this is going to be released...I know nothing...well, I can say nothing right now.

The only information that we are allowed to release is what HAS been released.

Me
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Karen, thanks for chiming in. I too am curious about a trade edition but I can wait, I'm sure something will be announced at some point. But could you perhaps shed some light on how the Artist Editions are going to be sold (also based on ownership of other books)? I didn't really get that part.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it is a new story...I guess I wasn't thinking that. I'm not sure the economy's any better, or the SK collecting market. Of course it will sell out, though.

But even 100-150 copies in a lottery of - max - 450 people gives a solid chance.

If I had to guess at a price, I'd say $350-$450....Grant's been more or less reasonable, and I think for an 800-copy limitation, that's about right.

As for AEs, I assume they'll have 3,500-5K...there won't be any shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I'm not sure this comparison makes any sense at all...800 to 52 isn't the same sample...

They would probably sell all 800 at $1K....I think it would take a loooong time, and it changes your customer base. I wouldn't buy one, so would the customer who replaces me be equally loyal? Or would they put it on a shelf and never think about it or Grant again?

Anyway...it's obviously not going to be $1K...like I said, max $500.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower movie will hit theaters in 2013, and if it happens like it happened with Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot more collectors and readers. So from 2013, more demand = prices increase.

I'll try to score all the dt books limited before that.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The Dark Tower movie will hit theaters in 2013, and if it happens like it happened with Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot more collectors and readers. So from 2013, more demand = prices increase.

I'll try to score all the dt books limited before that.
    Um...you need to catch up with current events....movie is on 'hiatus,' and in the movie world that means d-e-a-d.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    So from 2013, more demand = prices increase.
    I agree with that, but only for movie tie-in paperbacks.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Um...you need to catch up with current events....movie is on 'hiatus,' and in the movie world that means d-e-a-d.
    Sory, but I don't believe it. Too much money in the row. If Universal can't make it, Warner is already waiting the phone call...

I agree with that, but only for movie tie-in paperbacks.
    Yes, but it also will make new collectors. These days there are more Tolkien collectors than it used to be before the movies.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Nah, there's no money in it now....which is the problem. And even if they take it to another studio (unlikely), that delays it a year or more. It's over.

Tolkein was already expensive...I'm not sure there's been any change at all.

Anyway....it's all speculation, so I have no clue...but I take the opposite view of yours, unfortunately.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish Grant would do a gift edition of this, $95 plus int shipping takes it out of my budget and is in my opinion much too high for a book not signed by the author.

It was the remarque that convinced me to save up extra for LSOE, of course I didn't get one which is fine, but the fact that no one else has either makes me feel like I've been conned, it's just impossible for none to show up here on or on eBay so I guess they never made it to customers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast