Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess this IS the right place to complain.....if you want to.....but I agree it is getting old. Maybe I just have thicker skin because I have waited years in the past for books I was not sure I was even going to get.

I will attempt to change the topic.

Man I am pissed I did not donate to the fund raiser this year...the grand prize is a signed TWTTK.....very annoyed I do not have one of these yet, and I don't see a lot of opportunity to get one in the near future.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

John F. Kennedy richie01 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered WTTK Artist ed dealing with karen direct, she's been very friendly and fast responding to emails, just looking forward to receiving the book : )

do any of you here find it strange that people are buying this book from ebay sellers at around $100-120 mark when its still available direct from DMG for $75?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just thinking back, but I wonder where a lot of you folks were back when I was "Hopping Mad" at CD for the SOD I/II and other titles. Don't recall a lot of you back then!!! LOL I felt EXACTLY like a lot of you folks and especially about their attitude. I learned though that the "Small Press Publisher" is a different animal than traditional "Corporate America". And alas, CD wonderfully turned it around and we all got our books.

IDK just rambling on, I guess LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have found it's much easier to be mad when it affects you, but not as much when it doesn't.

Back to collecting.....I too would love to have a signed edition, but don't see it in my near future.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My problem with it was the one big selling point was that you would get it before the trade was published but for foreign orders it was nowhere near that! If they had't say that then I wouldn't have been so angry/frustrated

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, BURNING desire for a signed trade of TWTTK, but unable to justify (read: talk myself into) the extremely high price these are commanding. David sold the one copy he had at Bett's for $900, and Explorer has been getting between $600-$700 for the few copies he put on eBay.
    That being said, think Explorer still may have a copy or two for sale. His "unveiling" was derailed by the Matt fundraiser.

Karl

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by richie01 View Post
    Just ordered WTTK Artist ed dealing with karen direct, she's been very friendly and fast responding to emails, just looking forward to receiving the book : )

do any of you here find it strange that people are buying this book from ebay sellers at around $100-120 mark when its still available direct from DMG for $75?
    Richie..
    Last time I checked, The Collectors website list the issue price of $125 for the artist edition of 5,000 copies with slipcase and signed by Jae Lee.. I ordered one this week from DMG for $75. I wonder if some buyers may be as confused as I am on the issue price, which may explain why they are selling for $100 or more.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari that's a great way to be about things but I'm of the mindset that when you pay for something you receive it in a timely manner otherwise don't offer it for sale until its ready. If you personally sold something and made a buyer wait 2 months because you were busy I doubt they would be so understanding.
    I agree and understand. I run a store and I know that delays have not the same feedback for all. And I imagine Robert may take note on what happened this time and how stressed Karen is about this, so in the future this doesn't repeat again.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post

Richie..
    Last time I checked, The Collectors website list the issue price of $125 for the artist edition of 5,000 copies with slipcase and signed by Jae Lee.. I ordered one this week from DMG for $75. I wonder if some buyers may be as confused as I am on the issue price, which may explain why they are selling for $100 or more.
    Not only that, but some buyers may not even be aware that the book can be purchased from Grant. I see that a lot for Easton Press editions. For example, the new signed American Gods can be bought from Easton directly for $99, but sellers on eBay are asking 200+. Just laziness on the buyer's part to not shop around, and good fortune for the sellers.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just thinking back, but I wonder where a lot of you folks were back when I was "Hopping Mad" at CD for the SOD I/II and other titles. Don't recall a lot of you back then!!! LOL I felt EXACTLY like a lot of you folks and especially about their attitude. L
    Um...I think if you do about 30 seconds of research into the CD threads, you'd see they've taken a LOT of lumps over the years. Like a LOT.

In fact, CD was everybody's whipping boy for about five years.

Grant will square it away...this too shall pass.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really.
    A lot of ebayer's have no idea a simple web search will direct them to the publishers site.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just thinking back, but I wonder where a lot of you folks were back when I was "Hopping Mad" at CD for the SOD I/II and other titles. Don't recall a lot of you back then!!! LOL I felt EXACTLY like a lot of you folks and especially about their attitude. L
    Um...I think if you do about 30 seconds of research into the CD threads, you'd see they've taken a LOT of lumps over the years. Like a LOT.

In fact, CD was everybody's whipping boy for about five years.

Grant will square it away...this too shall pass.
    Oh, I agree!!! My somewhat convoluted point is that I was one of the main "Loud-Mouths" regarding CD for quite a while. And I suppose they deserved it, maybe much more than DMG's relatively minor (in comparison) infraction does. I also came to learn that the "Small Press" world is a different animal and came to understand it. Back in the day "No Mercy" was my creedo, but I have come to understand the vagaries a bit.

We're sympatico I think, Rahfa!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I was a huge CD loudmouth, myself...but once I cancelled my orders with them, I didn't feel I had the right anymore, so I stopped complaining. Plus, they've seemed to have gotten their act together.

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yay!!!!
    Yesterday morning my Artist Edition of TWTTKH arrived at my doorstep here in Australia!
    Unfortunately I don't have time to even open the package... I'll have to wait until the weekend

Thanks Karen!!! Superb packaging as always!
    “All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.” - JLG

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Silly, don't you know you call out of work to open books?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my shipping confirmation email today, after receiving my credit card chage confirmation 8 days ago.

Dubrossa: how long from when you received your shipping email did it take for the book to show up?

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never received a shipping confirmation! My CC payment was confirmed on the 7th of May.

Hope that helps
    “All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.” - JLG

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Received email from Karen, she has checked my books,and re-shrink wrapped, prior to despatch, and they are all good. Mucho wiping of fevered brow, niiiiiice.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

How unlucky am i then that both my S/L and AE have the end paper problem! Wish mine had been checked.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got the book today. Mine has the same problem (few little dots), but for me it's not worth to get it fixed by Grant. I'm ok with it.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that Roog!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah, if that would take another 3,5 months, no thnx LOL

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Grant's newsletter today says they have copies of the facsimile 700-edition book for sale for $210, but amazon.uk has them for about $85. Wow, that's some markup...

Country
    Country Flag

That would be a good price for the REAL signed edition, but never for the facsimile edition...

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

It was good that this letter didn't come off as bitchy as the last one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast