Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only thing I want to know about Grant is what the heck happened to all the missing LSOE remarques?, they make a big song and dance about them and put up price estimates of how much a remarqued edition would be worth then none turn up at all throughout the whole collecting community, what is up with that?.

I've stopped buying from them since LSOE as it's physically impossible for a company with only one employee can produce quality books, offer good customer service and get them shipped out in a timely manner.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure I will get some flack for this post, and probably rightly so, but after having endured CD's "Crisis period" before the "golden days" that are now the "norm" and considering that DMG managed to get through 7 volumes of TDT without much incident, shouldn't we give then a little "good will/benefit of the doubt"??? I realize folks are frustrated, and rightly so, but they have always managed to come through in the end, no? I don't recall this much "hoopla"over "Legends" and that took what, 10 years to publish?

Maybe their "business decisions" were bad and they are paying for that, but 7 volumes gotta count for something, no? I'm just asking is all. Maybe I am waaayyyyy off base. On top of it all, Karen is one of our own!!! She was instrumental in the "Matt Rayne" Gunslinger "gift" and many contributions to the fundraiser!!! Like I said maybe I am skewed, but they sure appear to be "good people" who made an error. Work with 'em, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Karen posted the address to directly complain to Robert Weiner (Owner of Grant Books). I suggest complaints be directed there, but would hope that unless Karen has personally screwed something up-and given the opportunity did not rectify it, that the complaints would be more pointed towards Weiner's insufficient staffing etc.
    Yes, very much agreed. I've pointed nearly all my complaints at whoever makes the horrible business decisions we've all seen... And I will be writing Robert@grantbooks.com to tell him why I won't be ordering from Grant ever again.

That said, I received an email from Karen today asking for an image of my LSOE with today's date included somewhere in the image. She says she sent me the same request back in January and didn't get a reply... but I have the sent mail (January 25) to prove it.

So whose fault was that Karen?
    Ok, If you would like to make this public, we can.

You ordered a number that you no longer owned.

I sent you an email asking for proof of ownership of that number, you sent proof of a different number.

I sent another email asking for a bit more clarification and never heard from you.

I am truly sorry for the delay, but when I have 1000s of orders to process, if I don't get an email back then I don't remember it's there until I have time to work on it.

You are only responsible for your order, I am responsible for over 3000 at last count. I can't chase everyone that has an issue.

Again, I am sorry for the oversite. But if you will reply to my email from this morning, I can get this in process to ship out.

Karen

And thanks friends for the support! I was seriously thinking about just deleting my account. It's just not worth it. But I think I will stay. I love my friends. Always have one or two bruised apples in the bag, right?

Hugs
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, I'm not nor have ever been a DMG customer. I can say this however...if you leave us I will (probably lose my job and my place to stay when I) hitchhike all the way there to get you back here with us where you belong. Doubt me!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    And thanks friends for the support! I was seriously thinking about just deleting my account. It's just not worth it. But I think I will stay. I love my friends. Always have one or two bruised apples in the bag, right?

Hugs
    Thanks for staying and hugs back!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Brice, you can still find me on FB! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have books on order with other publishers that I paid for years ago and have yet to receive. I appreciate that DMG does not ask me for payment until its product nears completion.

I have seen other publications that turned into clear money grabs with skyhigh publisher pricing on mediocre product. I appreciate that DMG does not gouge me on pricing while also maintaining high production values.

I think it sucks that some of our members have experienced meaningful delays in receiving their books from DMG this time around, and I understand their frustration. Also it saddens me that so many otherwise-wonderful books have the "stickiness" production problem.

I believe that DMG is a small business that truly means well and has a long track record of success that far outshines many others in its industry. Personally I will not hesitate to purchase books from Donald M. Grant.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen I'm sorry if it came across that I was blaming you personally for the delays/problems, I don't think that at all, my problems have been with D M Grant!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Karen I have been ordering books from Grant since DTIII and Grant has always given some of the best services I can remember. It's just seems that with TWTTK everything has fallen apart at Grants on just this one book.
    You are doing a great job and I know I could not do what you what you do there everyday. So thank you Karen for everything you have done for all of us.

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks Friends.

And it was not right this time around. And we are doing the best that we possibly can.

I am now going to enjoy my long weekend...so if y'all want to know about you order, call me on Tuesday! LOL

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Friends.

And it was not right this time around. And we are doing the best that we possibly can.

I am now going to enjoy my long weekend...so if y'all want to know about you order, call me on Tuesday! LOL
    Nerak/Karen...glad that you are sticking around.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Karen posted the address to directly complain to Robert Weiner (Owner of Grant Books). I suggest complaints be directed there, but would hope that unless Karen has personally screwed something up-and given the opportunity did not rectify it, that the complaints would be more pointed towards Weiner's insufficient staffing etc.
    Yes, very much agreed. I've pointed nearly all my complaints at whoever makes the horrible business decisions we've all seen... And I will be writing Robert@grantbooks.com to tell him why I won't be ordering from Grant ever again.

That said, I received an email from Karen today asking for an image of my LSOE with today's date included somewhere in the image. She says she sent me the same request back in January and didn't get a reply... but I have the sent mail (January 25) to prove it.

So whose fault was that Karen?
    Ok, If you would like to make this public, we can.

You ordered a number that you no longer owned.

I sent you an email asking for proof of ownership of that number, you sent proof of a different number.

I sent another email asking for a bit more clarification and never heard from you.

I am truly sorry for the delay, but when I have 1000s of orders to process, if I don't get an email back then I don't remember it's there until I have time to work on it.

You are only responsible for your order, I am responsible for over 3000 at last count. I can't chase everyone that has an issue.

Again, I am sorry for the oversite. But if you will reply to my email from this morning, I can get this in process to ship out.

Karen

Hugs
    That's not true at all. I ordered with my original number, yes, but the day I got the latter copy I emailed you that I was now in possession of that copy. I also passed along the name and address of the one that I sold, as that new owner asked me to do. In reply to that email you asked for an image of the latter copy that I now own. I sent it on January 25, which I received no reply to.

And maybe all of this could have been fixed way back when but your company clearly stated that you don't want people sending you goddamned annoying emails because they slow the order process down, LOL.

Don't even try to blame me for the delay... I did everything I was supposed to, including waiting 10 long weeks before sending you my first email.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<----------------I think I am going to give both parties wide latitude on this discussion, although I recommend private chambers.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Karen, I'm not nor have ever been a DMG customer. I can say this however...if you leave us I will (probably lose my job and my place to stay when I) hitchhike all the way there to get you back here with us where you belong. Doubt me!
    If Karen were to ever leave I would have to switch to rooting for the Red Sux, in protest!!!! You wouldn't want that to happen now would you????? The very fabric of the universe could begin to shred!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

<----------------I think I am going to give both parties wide latitude on this discussion, although I recommend private chambers.
    No problem man, I'm not going to post anymore about it. I just wanted to give my side of what happened. Cheers.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, true, but this is your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If Karen were to ever leave I would have to switch to rooting for the Red Sux, in protest!!!! You wouldn't want that to happen now would you????? The very fabric of the universe could begin to shred!!!!

You just let me know if you need me to change that AV for you.

:

j/k, Bill....actually THAT would be kinda' scary. LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, true, but this is your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You just let me know if you need me to change that AV for you.

:

j/k, Bill....actually THAT would be kinda' scary. LOL
    Believe me, for both sides!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry...again can't understand the rush to get the book. It's not like it was released 3 years ago...it was 3 months ago. You know Grant books are excellent editions, and you know they always have a great service with their customers. If a delay happens, just a little patience doesn't hurt...as I mentioned before, I don't think life will change if I receive the book 6 months later...

Karen, don't even think to delete your account here! You're doing a great job and, personally, I can't thank you enough for everything you did!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Sorry...again can't understand the rush to get the book. It's not like it was released 3 years ago...it was 3 months ago. You know Grant books are excellent editions, and you know they always have a great service with their customers. If a delay happens, just a little patience doesn't hurt...as I mentioned before, I don't think life will change if I receive the book 6 months later...

Karen, don't even think to delete your account here! You're doing a great job and, personally, I can't thank you enough for everything you did!

I didnt order it (and to be honnest i am glad i didnt... for what am going to explain) but i tend to disagree with you about one thing : this edition was supposed to be the true first edition... and well, if you recieve it 6 months later the actual release, and AFTER the "normal" edition... well.. it's sort of lose its interest IF you wanted to read it before the "normal" release.
    This aside, as some customers recieved it quickly, i personnally think that it's sort of "worrying" that it's taking so long. When will all the copies be sent? After 9 months? 1 year?

But once again, it's not Karen's fault which is doing everything she can... it's more of a management decision..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For real Ari?. Can you honestly not understand people wanting to receive the book in a timely fashion?.

This wasn't a 12 month pre-order or something, where they stated you will get the book by May or June, you were supposed to get the book well before the trade, I bet that's the reason a fair amount of people ordered.

I'd be feeling well and truly ripped off if I was still waiting months later, I expect something I buy from the states to get to me around three weeks from its release date. LSOE took too long getting here so it's one of the reasons why I didn't order Wind, nor did I order anything not in stock from CD when they were going through that abysmal years long period where not only did they not send anything out, they actually couldn't because they didn't bother to even print the books until years after they'd been announced.

I have no clue why anyone should be expected to have patience with a company who doesn't honour it's side of the transaction, doesn't keep you updated on any delays (common courtesy) and then has such a pissy attitude when you email them after weeks and weeks of dead silence.

Please, less sucking up and making excuses because Karens a good friend. They SCREWED up, so yes they deserve some flak.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I got the Hodder signed limited in 5 days. They also answered a question I had within a day or so. Very pleasant experience

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not saying I don't care to receive the books later than announced because of Karen. I don't care no matter which publisher. I live outside USA, which means that I usually receive this kind of stuff after all the orders inside USA have been delivered. So I guess I just learnt to be patient and the truth is that I'm glad for that, because if not I'd probably be worried, angry and frustrated for something that, from my point of view, is not worth it. To receive the book in 2 weeks, one month, three month or six months...for me, it's the same.

Just my opinion.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Ari that's a great way to be about things but I'm of the mindset that when you pay for something you receive it in a timely manner otherwise don't offer it for sale until its ready. If you personally sold something and made a buyer wait 2 months because you were busy I doubt they would be so understanding.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone tried to cancel their orders? If you have to complain, complain, complain, then just cancel the order. If you still want the book and willing to wait, then wait... either way, quit complaining... or at least do it privately... It’s getting really old guys..

My Mood
    Devilish

Really? Your telling people to quit complaining because you don't like it? I don't like it when people post certain things but I wouldn't tell them to stop because they have every right to voice their opinions. I guess it never occurred to you to just skip over the posts that bother you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast