Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Grant is one of the better small publishers. I am still waiting for books I've paid for YEARS ago, from other publishers.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

They may be one of the better publishers but their policy on contacting them is ridiculous. God forbid I have a question about an item. You don't tell your customers not to contact you because your busy.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last month, I ordered a dust jacket from Grant. They looked for it but couldn't find it, and sent me an email asking if I would mind receiving a jacket that had already been folded (which makes me wonder how much they would sell me that now-jacketless book for) or if I would prefer a refund. It's not like poor customer service is a general rule for them. I just imagine that Karen is tired of answering questions like "When will my book arrive?" or "Has my book shipped yet?" or "Are the AEs numbered?", which are all questions that are answered in the newsletters or online. Of course, it's your perogative to spend your money wherever you want.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I think they'd be better off providing a tracking number for the books. That would cut down significantly on the questions of where and whether a book has shipped.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's understandable that DG can't reply every single mail or question about your order and alike at this moment, when they're taking care of more than 1000 orders, when they're shipping a collector's book, not just a paperback one which can easily be replaced in case of damage (plus it'd be cheap). They're a small publisher that always made excellent editions, so they'll always have my patience and credit. I don't know, maybe I'm used to these "delays" mentioned by collectors in this thread since I always have them due to the international shipping, but well...it's just my opinion.

I don't think anything will change in my life if I have to wait two more weeks for a book, but the people at DMG will have one less email to reply and, with the amount of work they're having, that'd probably make a difference (As a person who has been working on his own for some time know (at this moment I'm currently taking care of three different entrepreneurs and I have a fourth one in sight), I understand how hard it's when your business is small, to do EVERYTHING everyone expects when your day has the same amount of hours than everyone else. It's not like you have a secretary of personal assistant that takes care of those tasks, because you're your own boss, secretary, HR, etc).

Just a thought.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All the opinions are correct. I'm sure anyone who is waiting on the book wishes it was here "yesterday", and someone wondering about their order wishes there was "live" tracking of the package, and someone else is "bristled" by the tone of the email which in some ways says "don't call us-and we won't call you". The good news is DMG announced and has delivered the product in less than a year, they allowed the payment for the S/L to be split into 3 payments-AND they didn't charge anyone until literally days (not months) before delivery.
    As a consumer, we all have the choice of where to spend our hard earned money. So far DMG has always "delivered" to me as a customer.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

We are not Amazon.com. Our regular customers know that but
    many of our newer ones do not. We normally are a two person
    operation but have hired extra help to get us through this busy
    time.

We are getting a lot of phone calls and emails from people ask-
    ing about their orders. This has slowed down the processing of
    orders as we try to check each inquiry.

I thought today's email came across a little snarky.

I understand their frustration with a a bunch of knuckleheads calling all of the time....but it just seems like bad business to to come across like that.

I think the first two sentences could have been left out, and the same point could have been made.

As others have said above DMG has always delivered a fine product, and I appreciate that they do not charge until they ship.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    We have now shipped out AE orders that were placed through March 1st. The deluxe orders ship by number, not who lives closer. We start at the beginning and work our way up. That is the way it's always been done, that's probably the way we will always do it.
    Please remember that we are a staff of 2 people. One doing all the paperwork and the other doing all the packing. We can only work as fast as we can. We are not machines. We are humans. Please try to have patience with us. It's a product worth waiting for.
    Karen, I may rue your choice of sports teams, but I'm totally with you on this one dear!!!!! They do a great job, with few folks and not much time. Plus, from a logistical standpoint, it makes sense to tackle the higher order volume before the smaller volume items. They need more TLC right?

Spoiler:
    Of course, I already rec'd my AE!!!!! Thanks Karen!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy4, I agree the point could have been made in a less snarky way. I had defended DMG in a post, then open my email and read that and rolled my eyes.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While I understand Grant's frustration at answering the same questions (I'm assuming from newer customers), the Amazon line kind of felt like a slap in the face to repeat customers.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I never realized how many sensitive people are out there. This, to me, is making a mountain out of a molehill.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I never realized how many sensitive people are out there. This, to me, is making a mountain out of a molehill.

John
    Book collectors getting crazy about getting their books? Never woulda thunk it.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I learned to order things separately because I know it is going to take longer to make the traycases than it does for the slipcases. If you ordered both make sure you order the slipcase 1st and you will get it when everyone else does and you will not have to wait for the traycase to be finished. It is just commonsense.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's anyone being overly sensitive. You shouldn't be snarky to people paying you hundreds of their hard-earned dollars. Imagine if the person writing that email had taken 15 minutes to calm down, then written a nicer email instead of saying that they're not Amazon, how much better that would have gone over?

I'm subscribed to the newsletters of many small and large presses, and DMG is the only one who I've seen so far that's used this kind of tone of voice before (this incident and the 'don't email us and ask us anything, it's all right there on the website go read it yourself'), and it's something they can improve on for sure.

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't think it's anyone being overly sensitive. You shouldn't be snarky to people paying you hundreds of their hard-earned dollars. Imagine if the person writing that email had taken 15 minutes to calm down, then written a nicer email instead of saying that they're not Amazon, how much better that would have gone over?

I'm subscribed to the newsletters of many small and large presses, and DMG is the only one who I've seen so far that's used this kind of tone of voice before (this incident and the 'don't email us and ask us anything, it's all right there on the website go read it yourself'), and it's something they can improve on for sure.

Perfectly said tony.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There is nothing wrong with DMG's recent newsletter or policy of not answering phone/e-mail when this is their reality:

'We normally are a two person operation but have hired extra help to get us through this busy time.'

As long as they keep giving us such quality books as:
    The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, Christine, The Talisman, The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three, Prime Evil, The Dark Tower III: The Wastelands, Desperation, The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass, Black House, The Talisman/Black House Gift Edition, The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla, The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower, The Little Sisters of Eluria, The Wind Through the Keyhole.
    It doesn't say on the site, 'don't e-mail us about anything.' It says, 'Please do not call or email us asking for more information than is posted here. Updates will be announced in future issues of our newsletter and also posted here.'

That is specifically posted in The Wind Through the Keyhole section. That's not their normal policy. Only during this very busy time when they are trying to fill a lot of orders with extra staff.

At the bottom of the help/faq page it says:

'If you still have questions then please email us.'

Just don't ask them a question that's already answered online or in a newsletter.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for clarifying that. Prior to your explanation I was confused.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received both my AE and s/l (#727) editions of The Wind Through the Keyhole.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

"We are not Amazon.com. Our regular customers know that but
    many of our newer ones do not."

Ha! Dare I say, had their sales policy for this book favoured long-term customers over newer ones, like it should have, they wouldn't have had this problem. You reap what you sow.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been getting Grant's e-mail newsletters for years and for King books they all say, in effect, "Hey, please don't call or e-mail us about this book. If you do, we're only going to refer you to the website anyway."

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I've been getting Grant's e-mail newsletters for years and for King books they all say, in effect, "Hey, please don't call or e-mail us about this book. If you do, we're only going to refer you to the website anyway."
    That's because it's always most busy for them when the King books are coming out.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was pretty funny. I've been buying from Grant since the early 80's, when I was going through my de Camp phase and never have had a problem. The short wait for the Wind books is ok, unlike other books from other publishers, say Necon or Legacies. And since my number isn't too far behind John's...well, tomorrow is another mail delivery day.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MY CARD WAS CHARGED TONIGHT!

I ordered S/L # 32 and the AE and I am a "W"!!!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Post Office tried to deliver mine today but was at work.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Grant is a class outfit.

I dont begrudge a snarky email cause I dont suffer fools well at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast