Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I would like to know if the S/L of TWTTK's boards are white like the rest of the S/Ls in the set or if these are going to be green like the AE is?
    I mean it is a simple question.
    No they will not be green like the AE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I would like to know if the S/L of TWTTK's boards are white like the rest of the S/Ls in the set or if these are going to be green like the AE is?
    I mean it is a simple question.
    I don't think anyone has the S/L yet to answer your question. Wait a few days and someone will let us know.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I like to make completely unsubstantiated guesses, so I think that the boards will be reddish, the same color as the slipcase.
    Wrong. The boards are black. That matches well with the tangerine case.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I ask the question I thought maybe Karen could tell us. I wasn't trying to be smart or anything like that.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

When I ask the question I thought maybe Karen could tell us. I wasn't trying to be smart or anything like that.
    She's obviously busy at this work time, never mind a busy mother, but I'm sure if you PM'd her, she would answer.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I like to make completely unsubstantiated guesses, so I think that the boards will be reddish, the same color as the slipcase.
    Wrong. The boards are black. That matches well with the tangerine case.
    Well, I gave it a shot. I think black will look nice. What color is the printing on the black boards?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I didn't mean to come across as reacting to a smart comment. I thought it was a question that you wanted the answer for from anyone who could assist. Had you prefaced the question by indicating you only wanted an answer from Karen then I would have told people on the message board what the color was, but I would not have quoted you. Having conversed with KAREN today, I can verify that she is swamped with work.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, now everyone knows who your secret source is...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can only verify that Karen is swamped with work. I contacted her today regarding a snafu with my order, not in regards to the images/answers I have posted. I have another source....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got notice that my credit card has been debited for both the AE and Deluxe!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the traycase is really tangerine? I'm not too confident about how well that will look, but I'm hoping it's better than I'm picturing it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So the traycase is really tangerine? I'm not too confident about how well that will look, but I'm hoping it's better than I'm picturing it.
    SCOOP! PLEASE DON'T SHARE!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tray case!!!!! shhhh, sneaking in here while eating lunch. And, um, I don't remember what the color on the boards is....I have a copy sitting next to me, all nicely shrink wrapped, should I open it so I can tell you????? HELL NO!!! LOL I will look later and see if I can find out what the color is.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen - Received my AE yesterday, on my birthday ... thanks for the great timing, made my day. It had the same problem as previously mentioned here, the dustjacket stuck along the top to the endpapers in front and back ... no matter how gently I coaxed it, it still pulled some spots off the endpapers. Still, it's not an S/L and I'm not such a perfectionist as others (and my daughter already destroyed the box it came in) so no worries. I do have a separate question though, so am shooting you a PM.

Has anyone come across any Jae Lee remarques, by any chance?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like the Crow Man will have to eat a little crow.
    The boards are orange (tangerine), and have gold printing on them.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unsubstantiated guess for the win!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I'm a little underwhelmed by the traycase. I like the AE slipcase color/design much better. Just my opinion, of course. It might change once there are some better pictures and seeing the book/case as a "whole".

(P.S. That looks like a light brown. Tangerine, I perceive as orange)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    .... It had the same problem as previously mentioned here, the dustjacket stuck along the top to the endpapers in front and back ... no matter how gently I coaxed it, it still pulled some spots off the endpapers. .....Has anyone come across any Jae Lee remarques, by any chance?
    Mine has the same issues, along with a slight separation of the plastic & paper layers of the dustjacket on the spine. It is minor, and if it was a trade edition I could care less. I have different issues with my LSOE which I recently took out of the shrink wrap, so I'm quite surprised to see flaws in what have otherwise been historically perfect books. I've emailed DMG/Karen and am sure I'll hear back when they are able to respond. As a VERY amateur collector, do I have unrealistic expectations of these DMG editions?

As far as my copy goes, there was no remarque, just the Jae Lee signature like pictured elsewhere.

I'm wondering if I can hold off another month before reading, or if I'll just have to break it out and read it very carefully.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Were there any Jae Lee remarques done? I never heard of any proposed.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tray case!!!!! shhhh, sneaking in here while eating lunch. And, um, I don't remember what the color on the boards is....I have a copy sitting next to me, all nicely shrink wrapped, should I open it so I can tell you????? HELL NO!!! LOL I will look later and see if I can find out what the color is.
    Thank you Karen for the information and hope you have had a very nice day.

PS: Jerome on my computer that pic looks pink.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Were there any Jae Lee remarques done? I never heard of any proposed.

John
    I don't think so either John, but of course you never know what he might have done on his own ... that's why I was asking, just to see if any had popped up. The next question, of course ... has anybody contacted him directly to see about getting one done?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I frantically pestered Karen at DMG yesterday about my AE and was given this gem of information to tide me over the next few days/weeks:
    We are not getting to the foreign orders until next week.
    Phew! I was getting worried my order had simply d i s a p p e a r e d . . .
    “All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.” - JLG

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Blarg, I really wish I had thought to order all my things separately. I ordered the AE, the SL and some other things as well, so I may be getting mine dead last I was so hoping to be reading the book by now.

Thanks for sharing the images and other info though. It's cool to see something.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Blarg, I really wish I had thought to order all my things separately. I ordered the AE, the SL and some other things as well, so I may be getting mine dead last I was so hoping to be reading the book by now.

Thanks for sharing the images and other info though. It's cool to see something.
    Don't forget that if you ordered them separately, you would have paid postage on each. Since they're combined, the postage is less.

John

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second charge has been made. I guess I shouldn't be in a big hurry, I'm only on the third book...it'll be in the 15th paperback printing by the time I get to reading it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dubrosa22 View Post
    I frantically pestered Karen at DMG yesterday about my AE and was given this gem of information to tide me over the next few days/weeks:
    We are not getting to the foreign orders until next week.
    Phew! I was getting worried my order had simply d i s a p p e a r e d . . .
    Not happy, but at least now we know..

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, maybe I am WAY late to the table here or maybe I have a real scoop....I spoke with a UK friend yesterday and he told me that there is a limited to 200 UK books that are being flatsigned by King....NO NOT the Hodder offering of 700 in slipcase with facsimile signature, but a TRUE King signature. He would not tell me where these are coming from but I was able to reserve a copy from him (he has no more to sell) and the price is quite steep 375 british pounds...that's over $500. But as I have virtually every DT HC edition signed by King, I has to do it.

So, am I late to the table or is this scoop. Who else knows anything about this??? Mr. Rabbit? Anyone from across the pond?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast