Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firestarter- Let's Discuss! **spoilers**

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

:radioactive: Firestarter- Let's Discuss! **spoilers**

Just got around to this thread, but I came across this article a week ago and kept meaning to share it. Remember Andrew McGee? The book talks about how if he "pushed" too hard he could accidentally cause an "echo" effect and pretty much cause people to obsess with weird things. How do you explain this?

Woman eats forks and spoons

Pictures
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goddamn! I can't even imagine being able to swallow one. :shudders:
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

holy shit. those aren't pussy forks either. those things could skew a goddamn grizzly bear.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

eh?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm - she might be getting a call from 'The Shop' soon ....

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe she didn't do some serious damage to herself.

Oh, and a little bit of trivia for you - the urge to eat things that are not food is called pica.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Mostly pregnant women eating dirt and laundry soap and stuff, I've read an article on it before. But I don't think this would fall into that category, would it?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

usually pregnant women will eat the weird stuff like dirt and the burnt sulfur off of matches to get the nutrients the body needs for the baby.
    my sister used to eat the matches and asked her doctor about it and that's what he told her.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Breezy

that's definitely weird.

I think the weirdest thing I've ever ate or drank is grass water. When I was a kid I played with one of my girl cousins who is about 3 years older than I. She would make mud cakes and grass water. I only drank the grass water once, but I remember I did drink some. We made it by smashing grass with rocks and soaking it in tap water. oh, she was even worse, she ate the mud cakes.

yeah that's weird. Anyone got any good ones? Dont be shy!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dog food, boogers, cat food, the usual child like shit.

but when i was around 4 years old, every sunday after church i would go home and swallow a penny. i don't remember how long i did it, but i remember i did it a couple of sundays in a row at least
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Breezy

what?! a penny?

this reminds me of something my brother used to do, but maybe we should start a new thread for this discussion, topic police might be around.

My Mood
    Breezy

it seems ol' Andy gets around.

Nail Swallower

Along the Path of the Beam mdarkpoet is on a distinguished road mdarkpoet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow O.O

My Mood
    Breezy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/sep/09/pierfire

they should just leave her alone already.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the link to The Losers Club podcast discussion of the book:

https://consequenceofsound.net/podca...4-firestarter/

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

So this thread really doesn't discuss the book? lol

+ Reply to Thread