Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Recording Audiobooks For My Dad, Stephen King

Recording Audiobooks For My Dad, Stephen King

An essay by Owen King
    > https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...d-stephen-king
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

What a stroke of genius. I’ve always wondered how I’m going to get my son to want to read when he gets to that age. Thanks for posting this.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But I tend to think that nowadays this wont be as easy to replicate... :s
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    But I tend to think that nowadays this wont be as easy to replicate... :s
    There should always be a way..... given the will.

Owen told the story during Sleeping Beauties tour noting how when he started recording War and Peace, he started out on cassettes however since it took quite some time to complete, the last parts wound up on CD's or DVD's.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

NY Times: Stephen King Reviews Tana French’s ‘Extraordinary’ New Novel

A version of this article appears in print on Oct. 13, 2018, on Page 1 of the Sunday Book Review with the headline: Life And Limb

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks bev!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Is there any website where I can buy a physical copy?

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...w-retires.html
    Susan Moldow, president of the Scribner Publishing Group and publisher of Touchstone, will retire at the end of the year, Simon & Schuster president and CEO Carolyn Reidy announced in a letter to staff.

Moldow's career in publishing began with an internship at Workman Publishing in 1966. She then entered a trainee program at Doubleday after graduating college in 1967. She left Doubleday in 1971 and joined Pocket Books, where she worked at Washington Square Press before joining Avon Books from 1976 to 1981.

She went on to hold senior positions in editorial management at Dell Publishing, Penguin Books, Doubleday, and HarperCollins before returning to Simon & Schuster in 1994, shortly after the Macmillan acquisition. Back at S&S, she reorganized Charles Scribner’s Sons, Macmillan, and Atheneum into the Scribner imprint. In 2012, Moldow was named president of the Scribner Publishing Group; she was named Touchstone’s publisher in 2013.

Under Moldow, Scribner has published authors and bold-faced names such as George H.W. Bush, Anthony Doerr, Angela Duckworth, Janet Evanovich, S.C. Gwynne, Charles Johnson, Chuck Klosterman, Phil Knight, Rachel Kushner, John le Carré, Frank McCourt, Siddhartha Mukherjee, Reynolds Price, Annie Proulx, Kathy Reichs, Geneen Roth, Lisa See, Andrew Solomon, Colm Tóibín, Jeannette Walls and Stephen King. Reidy, in her letter, also noted that Moldow has, during her tenure, overseen "multiple editions updating our venerable Joy of Cooking franchise" as well as Scribner's relations with the Fitzgerald and Hemingway estates.

"To talk with Susan, whether one-on-one or in a meeting when she is giving one of her trademark, carefully composed and enthusiastically delivered presentations, is always an adventure," Reidy wrote. "No matter the subject, or the book involved, she is always ready with an arch remark or self-deprecating quip, demonstrating her encyclopedic knowledge of the publishing marketplace and her love for what we do."

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

A few new things I haven't seen mention here yet:

-King has a one page contribution to the book, "The Book Club Journal", a recommended reading list, published by "2018 Independent Bookstore Day". I scored by copy on eBay.

-Unnerving Magazine #8, the "Inspired by Stephen King" issue, with very short interviews and pieces on King by Lilja, Stu Tinker, Richard Chizmar and more, featuring King on the cover. https://www.unnervingmagazine.com/ (I bought my copy on Amazon)

-A new hardcover of Pet Semetary has been released by Scribner to coincide with the upcoming new version of the film. Most likely for completeists only as I don't think there is any new content offered here: https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Sematary-...g+pet+semetary
    ~Jonathan

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

One more thing:

There is a new omnibus edition of Carrie & The Shining, hardback, published by Doubleday at $39.99. I have not been able to find a way to order one online as of yet, if anyone finds some please post the link!

~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=jreitan47;1130920]A few new things I haven't seen mention here yet:

-King has a one page contribution to the book, "The Book Club Journal", a recommended reading list, published by "2018 Independent Bookstore Day". I scored by copy on eBay.

Thanks for the heads-up! What's the title of King's piece in the journal?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Awesome reporting. Ordered all 3

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    A few new things I haven't seen mention here yet:

-Unnerving Magazine #8, the "Inspired by Stephen King" issue, with very short interviews and pieces on King by Lilja, Stu Tinker, Richard Chizmar and more, featuring King on the cover. https://www.unnervingmagazine.com/ (I bought my copy on Amazon)

-A new hardcover of Pet Semetary has been released by Scribner to coincide with the upcoming new version of the film. Most likely for completeists only as I don't think there is any new content offered here: https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Sematary-...g+pet+semetary
    Thanks, Jonathan! Ordered one!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

If any of yous get a copy, any chance to please get a picture of the King part?
    Even in private

Ta

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday's S&S newsletter contained a message from King :

Some of King's Letters to the Editor from the 80's and 90's have been reprinted in the Bangor Daily News in late December. I don't have the exact issue date but I do have a copy currently on the way to me in the mail.

Here's the online version:

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/11/...e-80s-and-90s/
    ~Jonathan

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Many thanks, Jonathan!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Man I would DEF go if King was going to do a signing.... doesnt sound like it though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wil probably try to go Kris, my daughter lives there now we were already planning a trip there anyway. The VIP ticket was sold out when I checked this morning about 7am.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    I wil probably try to go Kris, my daughter lives there now we were already planning a trip there anyway. The VIP ticket was sold out when I checked this morning about 7am.
    I wonder if they would have got ya close to King......
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hang out by the restroom. Have a book and a pen handy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ...and some hand sanitizer if you heard the flush but not the faucet...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It worked for me at a RBR concert in L.A. a few years back.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It worked for me at a RBR concert in L.A. a few years back.

bathroom... I just could not do it. I would feel bad. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast