Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Cool. I wonder Steve ever finished Moby Dick.
    Here is a neat article from '88 on SK producing Robertson's The Ideal, Genuine Man:
    http://www.nytimes.com/1988/01/23/bo...her-s-hat.html
    The first time I met King was when he toured with Robertson to support IDGM.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Thanks for the link Bev, interesting questions & answers. SK appears to be a John Sandford fan. I find his books to be exceptionally entertaining whether it's a Lucas Davenport or Virgil Flowers novel.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link Bev. Great interview! Surprised that he has never read Jane Austen and "a dozen Jim Thompson novels." Interesting to hear him say that the Hodges Trilogy has been the most difficult to write. And no books on his nightstand because he doesn't read in bed! LOL!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the best interviews of King in a decade. Questions (except for one or two) were very well thought out and seemed to get something more than a canned response.
    Hard to tell who the actual interviewer is.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Lee Child and Stephen King at Harvard Book Store September 9

Lee Child and Stephen King will be appearing at the Harvard Book Store on September 9 to discuss Child's newest Jack Reacher novel, Make Me. A signing by Child will follow. There will be NO signing by King.

http://stephenking.com/promo/lee-chi...en-king-event/

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default King to appear on Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ -- Sept 11

Stephen Colbert finalized his guest list for his first week on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” on Monday.

In addition to previously announced guests George Clooney and Presidential candidate Jeb Bush, Colbert will host “Trainwreck” star Amy Schumer and Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

Colbert will also interview “Avengers: Age of Ultron” star Scarlett Johansson and horror author Stephen King during his first few days behind the desk that David Letterman famously held for 22 years.

The former “Colbert Report” host has been staying very busy in the buildup to his broadcast debut, releasing a number of viral videos that prove his wit and razor sharp humor are as good as ever.

See the full schedule for Colbert’s first week below:
    • Sept. 8: George Clooney and Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush with musical performance by Jon Batiste and Stay Human with special guests
    • Sept. 9: Scarlett Johansson and SpaceX and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk with interview and musical performance by Kendrick Lamar
    • Sept. 10: Uber CEO Travis Kalanick with musical performance by Toby Keith
    • Sept. 11: Amy Schumer and Stephen King with interview and musical performance by Troubled Waters

>>> Source

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks for posting this info.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Any chance in hell he asks him about The Dark Tower film???

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Any chance in hell he asks him about The Dark Tower film???
    Now that would be some compelling TV, right? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading that headline makes me want some Americone Dream ice cream.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Awesome.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tonight !
    Nobody's going there? Steve wont be signing but I am sure that it will be an interesting evening.

Hopefully a video will be available
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Tonight !
    Nobody's going there? Steve wont be signing but I am sure that it will be an interesting evening.

Hopefully a video will be available
    too expensive. bought a ticket, but could not pull the trigger! sorry i am going to miss it.

Busy week for King!

I think Colbert is on Friday and President on Saturday!

Traveler cqb241 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if someone got video for this? I was hoping it'd be on youtube or something by now...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

YES a video has been recorded, will be on Youtube eventually, on WGBH TV and Harvard Book Store's site when available
    http://www.wgbh.org/schedule/index.cfm
    http://www.harvard.com/index.php?/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/...gxN/story.html
    On Thursday, Stephen King will receive the National Medal of Arts from President Obama. Before flying down to Washington D.C., he stopped by Sanders Theater for a Harvard Book Store event with fellow author Lee Child.

They walked out to a standing ovation from avid fans eager to take part in the duo’s banter about Child’s latest Jack Reacher novel, Make Me .

“Just a couple of white guys, sitting around talking,” said King, opening the event.

Child and King are two of the most prolific modern writers. Make Me is Child’s 20th novel, and King has written more than 50.

On the subject of inspiration, Child said that it’s not a matter of coming up with ideas, it’s about sifting through them to figure out what will be durable enough to carry a book through publication and beyond.

“The story is being told to me,” Child said. “I feel it just happens.”

King said that writing is more about stenography than genesis. Sometimes it’s about getting out of the way of the story and letting it tell itself.

The character of Reacher is a kind of James Bond-meets-hardboiled detective. He was informed by Child’s father’s time as a British soldier in World War II, as well as other pop culture material that Child has absorbed.

“The only sensible answer [for where Reacher comes from] is from what I’ve read before,” Child told King.

Child sometimes verifies certain elements with ex-law enforcement officers, but he generally holds that sometimes you have to get things wrong to get them right. Getting bogged down in specifics can make a fast-paced New York subway scene read “like MapQuest,” according to Child.

Sometimes, he said, you just have to set things down with confidence.

This method seems to be working for Child: The crowd hung on the words of both authors for the duration of the event. Ten of his Reacher books have landed him on the Best Seller’s list. In 2012, his work was adapted for the big screen in the movie Jack Reacher .

“The movie is always going to be worse than the book,” Child said, to applause from the audience.

Then, he assured the audience that Tom Cruise will not come to their house and steal their books, the message being: enjoy the books and the movies as separate entities.

King defended the movie, saying that the magic of film can fudge things like an actor’s height. He talked about how perfect Michael Clarke Duncan was for the role of John Coffey in Green Mile , even if it meant that he had to stand on an apple crate next to Tom Hanks.

“Tom Cruise is okay with the guy who’s going to the White House,” King joked to the audience.

Regardless of the movie’s accurate embodiment of the books, Child said he was thrilled to have been approached about the adaptation. He’d wanted to be an entertainer since childhood.

“I wanted to be in the Beatles,” Child said. “That was the plan. It didn’t work out.”

Though his own musical career didn’t take off, he told a story of meeting a young Robert Plant in a practice studio before Led Zeppelin ascended to stardom.

While Child stayed for a signing of Make Me, which came out September 8, while King ran to catch his flight. Later this week, King will also be one of the first guests to appear on the new Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Tabitha does not look interested AT ALL. Fun video. He played along for a little bit.

Thanks for sharing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Tabitha does not look interested AT ALL.
    I agree.

BTW, why aren't you and Lot Guy there?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;947799]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Tabitha does not look interested AT ALL.
    It would have been nice to see her beat some TMZ *ss.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was fun. I really enjoyed the bit regarding "It" that was on the same page. Suffice to say that my interest in a remake of "IT" just plummeted!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone has a video of the Late Show? Everything on Youtube is bogus. At least the ones I've found.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

The entire segment was only 5 or 6 minutes at most. It was okay, nothing earthshattering. One comment about all the critics that gave him grief when he was 26 and Carrie came out now being dead was pretty funny.
    Also, when Colbert held up a copy of BOBD at the end, he held it so the back could be seen for a split second and it appeared to me (it WAS way past my bedtime i admit) that the only thing printed on the back was a large "PROOF".
    Wonder who grabbed that copy after the show?

It was nice to see him out and about, and he did get a great welcome from the crowd.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

6 minutes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast