Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didnt really know in what thread share this, so.... here : Stephen and Tabitha King’s iconic Bangor home could house his archive and a writers’ retreat
    > https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/...iters-retreat/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Didnt really know in what thread share this, so.... here : Stephen and Tabitha King’s iconic Bangor home could house his archive and a writers’ retreat
    Interesting. That's a cool idea. Gonna need lots of security for that I would assume.
    I didn't think they lived there anymore, but I always thought they lived in the guest house next door.
    "Stephen King’s archive was until last year held by Fogler Library at the University of Maine in Orono"
    Where are they now?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Cool idea.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think by moving everything to his own "rezoned" property; King will maintain absolute control over access (or denial) to his archived properties. He also (King is a notorious cheapskate) will be able to write off significant expenses related to maintaining the property.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Interesting. That's a cool idea. Gonna need lots of security for that I would assume.
    I didn't think they lived there anymore, but I always thought they lived in the guest house next door.
    "Stephen King’s archive was until last year held by Fogler Library at the University of Maine in Orono"
    Where are they now?
    48 MAIN ST
    Spoiler:
    TOTALLY KIDDING..

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think by moving everything to his own "rezoned" property; King will maintain absolute control over access (or denial) to his archived properties. He also (King is a notorious cheapskate) will be able to write off significant expenses related to maintaining the property.
    Seriously, can we get a Kickstarter going to buy Uncle Steve a new pair of jeans?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a short russian documentary about Stephen King that I translated and created subtitles for you

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the translation. I got a lot more out of it this time around.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

In which a spanish new adaptation of "A Good Marriage" is mentionned... intriguing

Country
    Country Flag

I recently found out that Steve is in a documentary released last year and titled "101 seconds" about the politics of gun control and aftermath of mass shootings.
    It's an interesting documentary, available on streaming at vimeo

>>> https://vimeo.com/ondemand/101second...409?autoplay=1

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was particularly strange in The Institute when
    Spoiler:
    the gun toting townsfolks exercise their second amendment rights to fight off the evil government agents. It was like something straight out of an NRA fantasy. I almost couldn't believe King would write that.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You could say the Dark Tower series is an NRA fantasy given all the gun fetishizing it has. King owns three handguns himself, he's never been about taking them away entirely.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Traveler fezziwig is on a distinguished road

Thank you for this post !

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Gestalt Media is re-publishing Stephen King's story "NIGHT SURF" in the charity anthology, DARK TIDES, available now in paperback, with proceeds going to the Virginia Beach Tragedy Fund. DARK TIDES contains stories (reprints and originals) by Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Richard Chizmar, Brian James Freeman, F. Paul Wilson, Ray Garton, John Skipp and many many more.

DARK TIDES anthology
    ~Jonathan

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King: The Oscars are still rigged in favor of white people

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...d18_story.html
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The apology for having accidentally tweeted the equivalent of "the sun rises in the east" not long ago. The left eats its own, and the beat goes on.

King says (in part): "Where am I in this diversity discussion? ...white, male, old and rich. "

I know a few people that fit that description, but none are wildly talented and successful writers...seems relevant, but in these woke days of quotas, merit and ability are irrelevant.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The apology for having accidentally tweeted the equivalent of "the sun rises in the east" not long ago. The left eats its own, and the beat goes on.
    While I certainly don't think that there should be a 'diversity quota' for Oscars there were still numerous acclaimed films by and starring women/POC that were left out. 'The Farewell' is a prime example. Trying to suggest that it just so happens that the majority of awards go to old white people because they deserved it the most and complaining that people want minorities to be recognized is completely tone-deaf.

But King was hardly cancelled for it and people stopped caring less than a week later so it's hardly a case of "the left [eating] its own". People disagreed with him and moved on.

seems relevant, but in these woke days of quotas, merit and ability are irrelevant.
    That's absurd. Just because people are recognizing more diverse voices doesn't mean that merit is irrelevant. Are you going to suggest 'Parasite' only received the accolades it did because of a diversity quota?

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just because people are recognizing more diverse voices doesn't mean that merit is irrelevant. Are you going to suggest 'Parasite' only received the accolades it did because of a diversity quota?
    You may think you're responding to me, but your conversation here is with yourself. I merely addressed King's evaluation of himself.

Vote for good movies, don't vote for skin colors or genitals.

Country
    Country Flag

I merely addressed King's evaluation of himself.
    When you make comments like "in these woke days of quotas, merit and ability are irrelevant" you aren't.

"Vote for good movies, don't vote for skin colors or genitals" is completely disingenuous when there's an inherent bias towards white penis. The Farewell was one of the best reviewed films of the year (98% at Rotten Tomatoes) and had already won a Golden Globe but it was snubbed.

My Collection

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

He COMPLETELY backtracked on his earlier statements on awards based on merit. I’m guessing his agent slapped his hand and said you stop having logical thoughts!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    He COMPLETELY backtracked on his earlier statements on awards based on merit. I’m guessing his agent slapped his hand and said you stop having logical thoughts!
    Yup.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast