Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is SO FUNNY!

Points for effort though!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I may have hit rock bottom in attempting to procure extra copies of a King item yesterday. My local paper does not feature Parade magazine so I made a point of going to the bookstore Sunday morning to find and buy a paper which does. The store was busy and I was having some difficulty figuring which paper to buy since they were behind the counter; I went to the coffee shop and happened upon a NY Times and saw it had Parade in it. I grabbed that copy and left. The next morning I decided to go back and buy some extra copies. I was informed that store does not hold onto old copies of Sunday news. I later recalled seeing papers in the recycle dumpster behind the store. I have gone there before when helping people move or I wanted boxes for packing books.
    I made four trips Monday to that dumpster only to see just cardboard book boxes and some Friday newspapers. Tuesday I decided to give it one more try and when I arrived I saw a pile of Sunday papers. Of course they were on the bottom out of reach of my hands. I made the decision ,"I am going in" and looking around to see no one was looking. I scaled the dumpster wall and was in. Fortunately it was clean, just boxes and the few dozen newspapers so I sat down to sort through the stack of Racing Forums, Wall street Journals, Dailly News and such to see if any Parades were there. I found a batch of NY Times and started to flip through them when I heard a beep, beep, beep, beep..... then a honking sound. I turned to look and found the hauler pulling up to the dumpster to empty the contents into its bed. A quick exit was in order and with a shake of my head and a few papers in hand I was out of there. A new low for sure as I went away without any prize.
    I'll send you my copy of Parade - I read it, but I don't collect magazines with interviews. Just PM me your info and it is yours.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone got another extra, I'd be interested as well. Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Awesome, thanks for posting.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I may have hit rock bottom in attempting to procure extra copies of a King item yesterday. My local paper does not feature Parade magazine so I made a point of going to the bookstore Sunday morning to find and buy a paper which does. The store was busy and I was having some difficulty figuring which paper to buy since they were behind the counter; I went to the coffee shop and happened upon a NY Times and saw it had Parade in it. I grabbed that copy and left. The next morning I decided to go back and buy some extra copies. I was informed that store does not hold onto old copies of Sunday news. I later recalled seeing papers in the recycle dumpster behind the store. I have gone there before when helping people move or I wanted boxes for packing books.
    I made four trips Monday to that dumpster only to see just cardboard book boxes and some Friday newspapers. Tuesday I decided to give it one more try and when I arrived I saw a pile of Sunday papers. Of course they were on the bottom out of reach of my hands. I made the decision ,"I am going in" and looking around to see no one was looking. I scaled the dumpster wall and was in. Fortunately it was clean, just boxes and the few dozen newspapers so I sat down to sort through the stack of Racing Forums, Wall street Journals, Dailly News and such to see if any Parades were there. I found a batch of NY Times and started to flip through them when I heard a beep, beep, beep, beep..... then a honking sound. I turned to look and found the hauler pulling up to the dumpster to empty the contents into its bed. A quick exit was in order and with a shake of my head and a few papers in hand I was out of there. A new low for sure as I went away without any prize.
    I'll send you my copy of Parade - I read it, but I don't collect magazines with interviews. Just PM me your info and it is yours.
    Eric, Thanks for the offer. I did get one from the paper I picked up Sunday morning. I was just looking for an option for extras in case someone else needed a copy. Feel free to pass yours onto someone else who did not get one.. Thanks again for your consideration, Jim

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it wrong that I see no issue what so ever with Jim's actions in this case? hehe
    Christine

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nor do I.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Jim, You KNOW I'll go dumpster diving anytime with you! -K

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that, my friends, is a COLLECTOR!!!! Kudo's for the effort, Jim!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Joyland/Ghost Brothers media appearances

Monday, June 3rd

The Today Show (most likely in the 8-9 AM slot, do not have exact time)

Meet the Creators (live event at Apple's NY Soho store 6 PM) This will be broadcast later in the week.

Tuesday, June 4th

Morning Joe

Charlie Rose

Wednesday, June 5th

All Things Considered

Late Show with David Letterman

Thursday, June 6th

The Colbert Report

Friday, June 7th

SiriusXM Live Conversation with Mojo Nixon at 5 PM

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bev! Hopefully the ones I can't catch on the air will be tossed up on Youtube or available through other means.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm sure King's website will collect the ones they can for the multimedia section

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev... Planned a vacation in NYC for this week.... hoping we would find this sort of schedule happening. Good to know we can count on TDT.org for someone to share the details..... and thanks to my Bud Sentinel for calling me to alert of the post here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev. A very nice interview.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting the link. I spaced and forgot to wake up early enough to catch it.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We were there hanging out at the exit door......... books in hand..... for quite some time to no satisfaction. Every time we were about to give up and leave there would be a sign of hope and we would wait a little longer. Oh here is another Limo..... wait again. Photogs with news he is still inside.... wait a little longer...... teamed up to keep on on both exits... wait a little longer...... nope..... 4hrs of this waiting occasional bits of hope.... but no success.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember the same happened on Good Morning America in 2009 (that's the first time I saw you, actually).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

However I did hold the door for Monica Seles when she arrived at the door we were waiting for King to come out. I realize it now that I watched the clip. She was who one of the Paparazzi was watching for who was giving us info that King was still inside. They asked if we had seen her and until I veiwed the clip I did not realize that was her. She looked diferent outside of tennis outfit.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm sure King's website will collect the ones they can for the multimedia section
    Meet the Creators (live event at Apple's NY Soho ) Was taped and will be released FREE for download by Apple.
    It was a fun event with great conversation and interesting insights about how the touring show in fall will differ from the performance in Atlanta. Wonderful interaction between King, Mellencamp & Burnett.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if King was on Morning Joe this morning?? These posts are saying he should have been, but it doesn't look like he was. Hmm...maybe it was a taped thing, but I thought Morning Joe was all live.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the video -- a 21 minute round-table discussion. It's a great piece.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King (and John Mellencamp) on David Letterman tonight. Will definitely be tuning in!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast