Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I will see if it's still in my On Demand menu.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default King on Nightline tonight

King will be on ABC's Nightline tonight at 11:35 PM to discuss The Mist.

Master storyteller Stephen King gives a rare, in-depth interview to Jake Tapper of ABC's NIGHTLINE about his career, his views on politics today, and about the highly anticipated film adaptation of his novella, THE MIST.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*runs to program the DVR*

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Bev Vincent, a full transcript of King's appearance will be available on ABCNEWS.com after the Nightline appearance:

Bev Vincent's post

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this last night and it was great. The Mist looks great, I'm really jazzed about the seeing it, rated R and everything.

For me though, it was just cool to see King. He looks all healed up and healthy, I seem to have this forever image of him in my mind, after that accident. He was so skinny and pale --I was worried we would lose him. So he looks good, that is cool.

The interviewer asked him if it was a "dark place" to be Stephen King, I thought it was idiotic. The man has a vivid imagination but that doesn't mean he also can't vividly experience love or joy along with it...just dumb.

At the end, they asked about what should be his epitaph, Stephen King told him "good husband and father", I like that a lot. I think I have always understood on a very deep level that its not just about the books but about the man himself, he's a really cool dude.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the link for the entire transcript:

King/Nightline transcript

John

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool - thanks for that, you can watch sound bites in the video box too

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much for the link. I totally missed the interview, and I'm glad to be able to read it.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Ditto that, interesting interview

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is the video available on any other website?

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff.

I like how he brought up the Rage-Running Man comparison, which was unprompted by Tapper.

People scoff at the comparison-since it seems farcical that the Hamburg cell that perpetrated 9/11 would be sitting around reading copies of the Bachman books along with flight instruction manuals and jihadi training booklets-but it's a fair analogy.

If you're going to worry about how some disturbed individual is going to interpret an horrific scenario outlined in a work of fiction, then no controversial literature would ever be written. Maybe we should take Therese Raquin off the shelves because it might give people the inclination to drown their betrothed. And no, I'm not comparing Stephen King favorably to Emile Zola, just trying to illustrate a point.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

That was a great interview. I would ask a mod to slip in to the first post that it does contain spoilers for the movie version of The Mist though.
    Last edited by Bethany; 11-27-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Move along here. Just testing stuff

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Darn, I didn't see it. Do you think I could find it online anywhere?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3872705&page=1

NB: There aren't really any spoilers, although they do skirt around revealing major plot points. I guess it depends upon what you consider a "spoiler." King disbelieves in the concept altogether, so you have to take that into consideration as well, but there's no "this happens to character x," if that's what you're concerned about.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Good stuff.

I like how he brought up the Rage-Running Man comparison, which was unprompted by Tapper.

People scoff at the comparison-since it seems farcical that the Hamburg cell that perpetrated 9/11 would be sitting around reading copies of the Bachman books along with flight instruction manuals and jihadi training booklets-but it's a fair analogy.

If you're going to worry about how some disturbed individual is going to interpret an horrific scenario outlined in a work of fiction, then no controversial literature would ever be written. Maybe we should take Therese Raquin off the shelves because it might give people the inclination to drown their betrothed. And no, I'm not comparing Stephen King favorably to Emile Zola, just trying to illustrate a point.
    An even more apt comparison is with Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor (1999). In that one, a disgraced Japanese pilot crashes his (empty, except for him and the body of his co-pilot) jet liner into the Capitol building during a joint session of Congress.

John

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

NB: There aren't really any spoilers, although they do skirt around revealing major plot points. I guess it depends upon what you consider a "spoiler." King disbelieves in the concept altogether, so you have to take that into consideration as well, but there's no "this happens to character x," if that's what you're concerned about.
    Thank you!!!

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome.

I've never read the Tom Clancy novel you mentioned, but it's an interesting analogy.

The only Clancy work I'm familiar with is Sum of all Fears, where the Hollywood writers changed the script entirely-and created an absurd plot-line-due to pressure from CAIR and Islamist groups over here.

I did have a friend in high school, originally from Israel, who was a big Clancy fan.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned a Tom Clancy novel?

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Yes they do. They discuss the tone of the ending of The Mist being different from the novella.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned a Tom Clancy novel?
    Nope, I was responding to Jhanic.

Bear with me, because I'm just too lazy to type out two separate replies.

I see your point Jimmy; for people who are worried about spoilers don't look at that transcript.

See?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

gotcha

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default MTV's interviews

recently, Lilja posted a link to an interview (both transcript & video) from MTV...

here is the link

and the video is supposed to be in here
    but I cant see the video, because "copyrights restrict us from playing the video outside the US"...
    does can someone "grab" the video? i'd like to see the whole interview... :-s

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default King interview. Mentions: Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.

Time interview

King mentions a musical he is doing with John Cougar Mellencamp. It's slated for next June or July.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! I've heard about this for a while, nice to see it's gonna happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast