Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I don't get it : "Stephen King slammed for 'cruel' joke about Melania Trump's kidney surgery"

No he is not.
    He said : "Not to be snarky, but Melania can probably use a week’s rest from Blabbermouth Don. Sounds heavenly to me."

He's glad that she has a week away from Donald. How is that a cruel joke about her surgery?
    Their attack on him is proof he’s successfully goading the right. It wasn’t even a joke about her really. Just a clever slam on his current nemesis.
    Never ask people without a clue to use reason to approach their world. They won't get it. They don't even understand that they are unreasonable.

The funniest part to me was the responses. These people dug deep into their rhetorical skills to come up with these gems:

Where is the civility?

Cruel, shame!

How disgraceful

Are they describing Trump or King's comment?

It's hard to tell with hypocrites.
    I envy your ability to laugh at the hypocrisy. Honestly, I really do. I can’t see more than a couple comments like that without my blood boiling, eventually saying something I regret (like this reply possibly, in some way). I’m just glad I’m able to ignore it most of the time. Might be a coward’s way out but what’s the point when, as you eloquently stated, they are unreasonable? Dammit. I promised myself I wouldn’t engage in political discussions here. I have good friends on both sides of this fence and I’ve lost too many arguing about this shit storm.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    What line did King cross?
    Apparently by making a joke that wasn’t the “best look” for him.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't get it : "Stephen King slammed for 'cruel' joke about Melania Trump's kidney surgery"

No he is not.
    He said : "Not to be snarky, but Melania can probably use a week’s rest from Blabbermouth Don. Sounds heavenly to me."

He's glad that she has a week away from Donald. How is that a cruel joke about her surgery?
    Their attack on him is proof he’s successfully goading the right. It wasn’t even a joke about her really. Just a clever slam on his current nemesis.
    Never ask people without a clue to use reason to approach their world. They won't get it. They don't even understand that they are unreasonable.

The funniest part to me was the responses. These people dug deep into their rhetorical skills to come up with these gems:

Where is the civility?

Cruel, shame!

How disgraceful

I envy your ability to laugh at the hypocrisy. Honestly, I really do. I can’t see more than a couple comments like that without my blood boiling, eventually saying something I regret (like this reply possibly, in some way). I’m just glad I’m able to ignore it most of the time. Might be a coward’s way out but what’s the point when, as you eloquently stated, they are unreasonable? Dammit. I promised myself I wouldn’t engage in political discussions here. I have good friends on both sides of this fence and I’ve lost too many arguing about this shit storm.
    I engage in political or news discussions on the appropriate threads. I'm very left wing, and I'm brutally honest. Others have other positions. I try to keep it separate from my collecting relationships. I've been largely successful at that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    What line did King cross?
    Apparently by making a joke that wasn’t the “best look” for him.
    Not at all. He didn't make a joke about Melania. He made a joke about Trump and her relationship with him. Everyone knows they don't have a good relationship. The saddest part about the whole affair is that King is likely correct. Melania was able to have some necessary surgery and get away from Trump for a week.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Chatty

No he is not.

Where is the civility?

Cruel, shame!

How disgraceful

I engage in political or news discussions on the appropriate threads. I'm very left wing, and I'm brutally honest. Others have other positions. I try to keep it separate from my collecting relationships. I've been largely successful at that.
    Speaking of commentary that drives me nuts, a few hours ago someone posted on the largest Stephen King fan group on Facebook (75K members) that they’re giving away all their King books because of this. I could understand someone doing this if King actually said something as disrespectful as they’re making it out to be, but come on, it was one of the many jabs he throws at Trump. Nothing more. Anyway, I’m done following this story.

Sent from Tapatalk

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could be worse, she could have shot up her books because of his gun control comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBWmm6_zWKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlJ6a8cIuU
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Back on topic: King will be on Colbert's show on May 23.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Also May 22nd, CBS This Morning
    Stephen’s interview is expected to air at 8:40 am ET but this is a best guess and could be before or after that time. Check your local listings for information about when CBS This Morning airs in your area.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didnt see yet, but is that the entire King interview?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Didnt see yet, but is that the entire King interview?
    Yes, that's the whole thing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King looks and seems to be in great health and good spirits. Glad to see!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

on Philip Roth's best book (NY Times Book Review)

"American Pastoral” is one of the five best novels I have ever read, maybe the best. It is muscular storytelling complemented by characters — especially Swede Levov — who burn their way into one’s memory. The scope is relatively small, but the ambition is epic. Few can handle the passing years as well as Roth does here. It ranks with the greatest of American fiction.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Not one vote for The Plot Against America. That and American Pastoral and maybe Portnoy's Complaint would be the best I've read from Roth. Admittedly I have some catching up to do.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone if that article will be in the printed edition?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Does anyone if that article will be in the printed edition?
    Normally, the NYT puts a statement at the bottom (a version of this article appears in the XXX edition...) -- there's none here, so I expect it's a web exclusive.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bev!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Thanks for the thread shared so far. I'll be interested in learning more details. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    DROVE ME CRAZY to see COLBERT take the COPY OF OUTSIDERS he was displaying and tossing it over hiss shoulder at the end of the interview..... CRINGED

and seems like an omen for so many found on shelves. .........................

or was that some other book he tossed?
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looked to me like Colbert threw a different book over his shoulder.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cool illustration of SK at the top, but makes him look 20 years older than he is. (Counterbalanced nicely by a vintage photo of muttonchops Steve below).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast