Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
I don't get it : "Stephen King slammed for 'cruel' joke about Melania Trump's kidney surgery"

No he is not.
He said : "Not to be snarky, but Melania can probably use a week’s rest from Blabbermouth Don. Sounds heavenly to me."

He's glad that she has a week away from Donald. How is that a cruel joke about her surgery?
Their attack on him is proof he’s successfully goading the right. It wasn’t even a joke about her really. Just a clever slam on his current nemesis.
Never ask people without a clue to use reason to approach their world. They won't get it. They don't even understand that they are unreasonable.

The funniest part to me was the responses. These people dug deep into their rhetorical skills to come up with these gems:

Where is the civility?

Cruel, shame!

How disgraceful

Are they describing Trump or King's comment?

It's hard to tell with hypocrites.
I envy your ability to laugh at the hypocrisy. Honestly, I really do. I can’t see more than a couple comments like that without my blood boiling, eventually saying something I regret (like this reply possibly, in some way). I’m just glad I’m able to ignore it most of the time. Might be a coward’s way out but what’s the point when, as you eloquently stated, they are unreasonable? Dammit. I promised myself I wouldn’t engage in political discussions here. I have good friends on both sides of this fence and I’ve lost too many arguing about this shit storm.