Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did I say that I didn't? ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Please share
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but I cannot publicly share it since they decided to take it down
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From USA Today: the elder King has another tome, The Outsider, coming soon.

Anything you want to spill about The Outsider?

Nope. Well, there’s a lot of things I want to say about that, but I can’t. It’s too cool to talk about right now. All I can say is it won’t be out in 2017 because I’ve got enough going on.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not an appearance exactly, but intriguing:

http://ihorror.com/waxwork-records-creepshow-2/
    The wait is over Billy! For the first time ever, Creepshow 2 is being celebrated with a beautifully decorated soundtrack vinyl from the wonderful Waxwork Records!

The universally beloved sequel to the 1982 horror Stephen King/ George Romero anthology of creepy tales Creepshow 2, celebrated its 30th anniversary this year back in May and the timeless trilogy of horror stories contained within the ’87 classic still brings the comforting-feel-good horror fuzzies three decades later. Each segment based on King’s stories, Old Chief Woodenhead, The Raft, and The Hitchhiker, have become stand-alone iconic visuals in the horror community and so has that all so familiar score that accompanies the film, adding that extra bit of creep-factor.

New Orleans based company Waxwork Records recognizes the gorgeous music that solidifies Creepshow 2‘s importance to the genre and has released a stunning deluxe new vinyl set of the original remastered score by British composer Les Reed and Rick Wakeman!

With an amazing vintage cover by Gary Pullin, complete with eye-popping illustrations and a built-in booklet with liner notes, and is offering three different colored variants of the vinyl based on your preference and favorite story from the trio of segments. As of now, The Hitchhiker variant is currently sold out, so get off that raft poncho and head on over to Waxwork to get your copy before they’re all gone!

Vinyl Package Includes:

“The Raft” (180 gram Coke Bottle Clear & Black Blob Vinyl)
    Old Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Built In Booklet
    Re-Mastered From The Original Master Tapes
    Artwork By Ghoulish Gary Pullin
    Cut to 45rpm for best sound quality
    “Old Chief Woodenhead” (180-gram Metallic Golden Brown & and Deep Teal Swirl)
    Old Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Built In Booklet
    Re-Mastered From The Original Master Tapes
    Artwork By Ghoulish Gary Pullin
    Cut to 45rpm for best sound quality

Country
    Country Flag

Only parts of the movie are illustrated right? The entire movie is not I guess?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Only parts of the movie are illustrated right? The entire movie is not I guess?
    Mostly live action, with a few animated connecting pieces.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Am told that the SCREAM MAGAZINE issue from the 6th of september will have some parts related to King

Preorders
    > http://www.screamhorrormag.com/store/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exclusive Excerpt from Stephen King interview!
    Posted by IDW Publishing (Creator)

Hey everybody! As we close in on our initial goal, here's a little tease from FULL BLEED Vol. 1! It's a quick excerpt from our interview with Stephen King! Here's a little choice chunk from the middle of this 5,000 word interview...This interview covers a lot of ground in a lot of directions, but for starters, if you ever wondered what Mr. King thought about Batman, here you go!

Please tell your friends about FULL BLEED Vol. 1, need to push past our first goal, so I can reveal some pretty great stretch goals! Thanks for your support!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Ryall: It’s funny, because in your Danse Macabre book, you talked about the EC comics, but the Plastic Man and the superhero stuff is new to me. Did the horror stuff grab you and pull you away from the superhero books, or were you digging an equal mix of both at the time?

Stephen King: After a while, Chris, I kind of fell away from the superhero comic books, because they were like… to me there was no conflict involved because they were invulnerable. They always won, you know, and they followed a similar track, where, you know, somebody would pop up, some… you know. I had my favorite villains, Lex Luthor was one, and that guy whose name you could never pronounce… Mxyzptlk.

CR: Yeah!

SK: I loved that guy. So it was a slow turning away, and the one that stuck around for me was Batman, partly because Batman was a somber dude, you know, he was kinda into his own thing. And also, he was not invulnerable, bullets didn’t bounce off him or anything but he had a lot of cool gear. So it was slow, but when I found the horror comics, I thought, this was a brand-new world. And, for a while, that was a consuming interest for me, and I tried to go wider. I guess there were a couple of other companies at the time, I can’t remember the names, DC’s the one that stood out, but then you started to see that little “Approved by the Comics Code” thing in the corner, and it was like, Man! It was like going to a PG-13 movie, you know, there was gonna be conflict and everything but you weren’t gonna actually see gross things. And I wanted stories where gross shit happens.

CR: Yeah. So, did your parents push back at all? ’Cause it feels like parents’ approach to comics goes one of three ways: they either enable their kids’ habit, they completely hate the fact that the kids are reading comics, or there are, you know, parents who pay no attention to what their kids are up to at all. Your parents, did they have a problem with the EC stuff?

SK: My mother was dismayed. She never forbade me to read anything that I was reading, but she would say things like, “Those things are nothing but trash.” Her favorite one was, she would say, “Stephen, your taste is all in your mouth.” Which is something she probably got from her mother. So, she was disgusted about it, but, man, Chris, she felt the same way when I was entranced by that movie with Marlon Brando, The Wild One…

CR: Sure!

SK: And my mother watched that and she said, “This is just trash! Your taste is all in your mouth, blah blah blah…” But she never said, “You have to turn that off,” or “you can’t read these” or anything like that. And, you know, it was like she’d say, “If those comic books give you nightmares, don’t come crying to me.”

CR: And parents never quite realize that saying things like this just increases a kid’s interest in those things.

SK: Yeah. Well, she didn’t really, you know, forbid them or anything, you know, she was just, kinda like… “Yeah, go ahead and read it, if this is the crap you wanna read, you want to fill up your head with junk…” Junk was another favorite word. There you go.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or does King look weird holding the pen and pad in his left hand?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Stephen King on His New Netflix Movies, It, and His Big Year

Steve & Owen will be on Good Morning America today, and on NPR's Morning Edition on Friday.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Good interview, although I didn't understand a word Google Translate is not an option

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I addressed the DT comments in the movie thread but yeah he all but confirms the studio had no idea what they were doing.

I think that Stranger Things might’ve had something to do with it, but that’s kind of an incestuous thing because so much of Stranger Things reminds me of stuff that I’ve written.
    I get what he's saying but at times I got the impression that the It movie was copying the general tone of Stranger Things than vice versa (Finn Wolfhard didn't help). Especially since the childhood aspects in the book were late 50s as opposed to the 80s.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Tales from the Crypt: Talking Comics with Stephen King, in Full Bleed, Volume 1

Country
    Country Flag

I dont find any link for that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast