Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • George Bailey (It's A Wonderful Life)

15 45.45%
  • Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

18 54.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: BMCOAT - Quarter Finals, Bracket 4 of 4

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No need to, I get what you're saying Coz

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say proportionally there were an equal amount of great actors. The reality is though that there is and was an overabundance of mediocre and just plain bad actors.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    No need to, I get what you're saying Coz
    me three.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's big difference in the approach towards acting between different eras in movies. Now it's good taste when everything is as "life-like" as possible, but it didn't used to be that way. I like the movies where acting was acting, not life-imitation.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I understand, Coz, and to an extent can agree. Acting and film-making has evolved dramatically, but not always for the best (which is why MST3K could've gone on forever if the SyFy channel didn't blow frogs). For me, the bottom line is whether or not it can make me forget that I'm watching a movie or an actor playing a role - regardless of whether or not the acting is stilted.

Am I making sense?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

My theatre courses included "Styles of Acting" and "Styles of Directing." Basically, I like being able to operate from and appreciate a broad variety of differing perspectives.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I understand, Coz, and to an extent can agree. Acting and film-making has evolved dramatically, but not always for the best (which is why MST3K could've gone on forever if the SyFy channel didn't blow frogs). For me, the bottom line is whether or not it can make me forget that I'm watching a movie or an actor playing a role - regardless of whether or not the acting is stilted.

Am I making sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    There's big difference in the approach towards acting between different eras in movies. Now it's good taste when everything is as "life-like" as possible, but it didn't used to be that way. I like the movies where acting was acting, not life-imitation.
    surprise, look who i am in agreement with here.

i think there's a lot to be said of great actors of all eras. it's difficult to say how a james stewart or cary grant or joel mcrea (yes, i had to get him in) would do today, as it is difficult to say how any of today's great actors would have done in another era.

it's one of the reasons i usually object to "best of all time" in discussions of things like sports. the games change so much from generation to generation. it's all completely subjective, which is fine, but it's also entirely speculative as we lack the ability to bring james stewart back to life and put him in a current film.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    but it's also entirely speculative as we lack the ability to bring james stewart back to life and put him in a current film.

....or do we?

Zombie Jimmy Stewart!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4