Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

16 51.61%
  • Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs)

15 48.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMCOAT - Octa Finals, Bracket 4b

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMCOAT - Octa Finals, Bracket 4b

Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)

Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

We named the dog INDIANA
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started WEARING a fedora because of Indiana Jones for heaven's sake. Gotta go with him.

Besides, we all know it's not the years... it's the mileage.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears would always vote a good guy over a bad guy

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal Lecter is just too cool for school.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Well, Clarice - have the lambs stopped screaming?"

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Definitely Lecter.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

indiana. he got his own state for godsakes...
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You use Evian skin cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps, but not today.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't my hands. It was my misunderstanding.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Tough...but I went with Indie.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    We named the dog INDIANA
    I believe that that should be "We named THE DOG Indiana."

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    What an absurb bias.

This is indeed very tough. I'll have to sleep on it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    What an absurb bias.
    Yes, it is, so what? I do not like bad guys. Neither in life nor in movies nor in books. None of my favorite characters, ever, has been a villain. I just can't love them, and to call someone my favorite character, I have to love.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We named the dog INDIANA

What an absurb bias.

This is indeed very tough. I'll have to sleep on it.
    SOMEBODIES cranky this morning
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

We named the dog INDIANA

What an absurb bias.
    I believe that that should be "absurd" bias.

Country
    Country Flag

call me any name you like
    I will never deny it...

B.Dylan. Farewell Angelina

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

We named the dog INDIANA
    yes, you are correct
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lecter is losing ...

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely Hannibal. I have no problem loving the "bad guy", and in this case, I don't even think Hannibal's all that bad...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What an absurb bias.
    Yes, it is, so what? I do not like bad guys. Neither in life nor in movies nor in books. None of my favorite characters, ever, has been a villain. I just can't love them, and to call someone my favorite character, I have to love.
    But do you never find some bad guys fascinating, or intriguing? Sometimes the villains can be the most interesting characters in my opinion.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating, maybe; intriguing, sure; I can never love them anyway. As to who is more interesting, there must be a thread where Nikolett expressed an opinion very similar to mine; it was called something like "why do people like the bad guy" - she confessed, much like me here, that she was never really interested in the villain of a story. (Now, as I am typing this, the horrible realization creeps upon me that the thread may have been at .net...)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Both characters were beautifully realized by brilliant actors, but Lecter (a) has more depth and (b) is more original. Indiana Jones did help me as a youth to appreciate history and science, but Lecter helped me as an adult to face hard truths.

I had to vote for the bad guy this time. I can love a character without loving the supposed person that the character is representative of.

Country
    Country Flag

I had to vote for the bad guy this time. I can love a character without loving the supposed person that the character is representative of.
    As usual, you caught the very essence of the matter and worded it clearly... Anyway, though, I can only like such a character, while loving for me would necessarily take liking both the character and the person.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Fascinating, maybe; intriguing, sure; I can never love them anyway. As to who is more interesting, there must be a thread where Nikolett expressed an opinion very similar to mine; it was called something like "why do people like the bad guy" - she confessed, much like me here, that she was never really interested in the villain of a story. (Now, as I am typing this, the horrible realization creeps upon me that the thread may have been at .net...)
    hmmm, I don't recall it. It might have been before my time over there. But maybe we should start up another discussion, because I'd like to continue this but I don't want to hog the thread.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast