Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • William Wallace (Braveheart)

12 40.00%
  • Yoda (Star Wars)

18 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMCOAT - Octa Finals, Bracket 3a

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMCOAT - Octa Finals, Bracket 3a

William Wallace (Braveheart)

Yoda (Star Wars)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. Do or do not, there is not try vs. Every man dies, not every man really lives. Tough choice.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Braveheart for bears.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Braveheart...such arousing speeches!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Braveheart for Liisas, too.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The guy with funny ears...

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Yoda.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

william wallace = scottish god. FREEDOM!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If so powerful you have become ... why leave?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    william wallace = scottish god. FREEDOM!
    SentWest, I am adopting you; will start preparing necessary documents right now to be able to submit them tomorrow morning.

Country
    Country Flag

that would be so sweet. haha
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yoda

Braveheart's William Wallace is dump compared to Yoda. Maybe if he were a little more historically accurate...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Braveheart

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Yoda

Braveheart's William Wallace is dump compared to Yoda. Maybe if he were a little more historically accurate...
    historical accuracy....well at least Yoda's got that going for him
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

^ nice answer! hahaha
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Country
    Country Flag

::bearapplause::

(I was trying to think how to express the same idea, but didn't come up with anything as snappy)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that the movie "Braveheart" does have some historical inaccuracies. However, I think that the changes that Gibson elected to make made the movie more entertaining....which is why I watch movies....to be entertained. It stirred me to investigate the story further, which is how I learned of the historical inaccuracies. But, if the movie had sucked, I wouldnt have cared to look into the matter further anyway.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

if the movie sucked, we probably wouldnt be having this convo...and btw, that movie was the fucking opposite of suck! haha
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Country
    Country Flag

totally agree with the two posts above

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yoda all the way.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Yoda

*facepalm* I think you missed something there. Yoda is part of a fantasy that takes place a long long time ago in a galaxy far far way. Braveheart is based on real events right here on Earth. So, sorry, I do hold the latter to a different standard.

I'm a big proponent of the "entertainment" philosophy when it comes to movies and history. I've said myself that a movie based on historical events can spur people to look into the real story and is therefore useful and that some changes are necessary to make a movie entertaining. But there are some instances where, if I already know the history (such as I did with William Wallace), some breaches gall me to the point of detracting from my enjoyment of the film. I like the movie too but for me, some of these inaccuracies stuck in my craw. Wallaces' face painting and impregnating of the princess were kinda difficult for me to get over and neither of these changes were necessary to the "entertainment" value of Braveheart.

But all this aside, I just didn't think the character was "great". Good...but not great.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    *facepalm* I think you missed something there. Yoda is part of a fantasy that takes place a long long time ago in a galaxy far far way. Braveheart is based on real events right here on Earth. So, sorry, I do hold the latter to a different standard.
    Otter, really: it was a joke, and a very good one... at least I think so. I am sure BROWNING'S didn't overlook the not-so-subtle difference between the two.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Irony is notoriously difficult to pick up in text...

Country
    Country Flag

true...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast