Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 192 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Though I'm not in the 1%, I live pretty comfortably and hardly ever find myself seriously wishing I had oodles of throw-away money ... but now this is twice in three weeks where I hate that I don't. First I had to pass on the complete DT set (plus extras) of "my" number, 186. That hurt. Badly. And now this, where I could have filled so many proof holes that it just sucks to think about. Instead I did what I knew was right and took the money I had and dropped it into my TDAmeritrade account, because the buying opportunities there over the next week or so are going to be pretty tremendous. I know that's where it needed to go, but ...........
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Though I'm not in the 1%, I live pretty comfortably and hardly ever find myself seriously wishing I had oodles of throw-away money ... but now this is twice in three weeks where I hate that I don't. First I had to pass on the complete DT set (plus extras) of "my" number, 186. That hurt. Badly. And now this, where I could have filled so many proof holes that it just sucks to think about. Instead I did what I knew was right and took the money I had and dropped it into my TDAmeritrade account, because the buying opportunities there over the next week or so are going to be pretty tremendous. I know that's where it needed to go, but ...........
    As hard as it must have been to pass, you did the right thing in my opinion. Or let's say you did the sensible thing. Unlike myself who did the irresponsible thing.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sensible bites ass.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You did the right thing George. I could not resist throwing $$ at David and his consignee when I should know better after buying a house. And today I upped the ante by exploring the possibilities of spending a four-digit amount on books elsewhere. It never seems to stop.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Both of my requests were sold. I'm not worried, they will come up again some day. SL of 11/22/63 and SL of FDNS.
    I completely missed that the FDNS S/L was for sale, which I want and need. I only saw the signed 1st. Argh!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Both of my requests were sold. I'm not worried, they will come up again some day. SL of 11/22/63 and SL of FDNS.
    I completely missed that the FDNS S/L was for sale, which I want and need. I only saw the signed 1st. Argh!!!
    Me too. I saw it yesterday around 3PM but I wasn't sure if I should place an email order or forget it. I thought about that too for the other CD artist editions as well. I went on this morning and saw it was still for sale and sent out and email to buy it from David. I thought to myself, "Well, it's get a book I need and want or pay some bills, I decided on the book!" He replied back it was sold. . In a way, that was a good thing for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get what I wanted
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That sucks. One thing I've learned is to have an email ready the moment the consignment goes live so you can get your wants in the mail and out the door ASAP. I remember a consignment a few years ago with lots of proofs and David was uploading the list in three or four parts. I kept on refreshing and adding everything almost immediately after it appeared and even then I missed out on some stuff.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont have much money to spare, but I also dont collect King in english, so that's fine by me.
    Nice see such listings though !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That sucks. One thing I've learned is to have an email ready the moment the consignment goes live so you can get your wants in the mail and out the door ASAP. I remember a consignment a few years ago with lots of proofs and David was uploading the list in three or four parts. I kept on refreshing and adding everything almost immediately after it appeared and even then I missed out on some stuff.
    Well, this time this is different as it is a silent auction, no?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man oh man... The king collecting community is strong eh? There are just some collectables that people want and will fight for!!! Congrats all!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well, this time this is different as it is a silent auction, no?
    No. Only a few items are 'silent auction', the other almost 200 items are not.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At the moment it feels like I'm silently banned from Bettsbooks, I haven't got ANY replies in the past 2 weeks.

Don't know what's going wrong. Tried multiple email addresses and even email through tdt.org.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    At the moment it feels like I'm silently banned from Bettsbooks, I haven't got ANY replies in the past 2 weeks.

Don't know what's going wrong. Tried multiple email addresses and even email through tdt.org.

He's overwhelmed with emails right now, and also has a regular fulltime job, a family and a life outside of here (unlike me). Give him time, he'll answer when he can.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know, I know, that's why I didn't harras him. But why say on the website that you've replied all emails.

If that's the case than something must be wrong on my side. Can't figure out what.

Country
    Country Flag

Call him man.. He might not have gotten them.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Less than 90 minutes until the silent auction ends!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My GUESS is that the following will have received bids and, consequently, sell:

GM Proofs
    Marsh Roots
    Plant Set
    Danse Proof

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Results:

Cell: No bid that met minimum $2800

Danse Macabre: WON at $2900 (minimum bid was $2100)

4 Past Midnight: No bid met minimum of $3500

Green Mile: WON at $6900 (minimum bid was $4900)

Plant Set: WON at $9550 (most bids of any item; minimum was $7100)

Marsh Roots: WON at $3400 (minimum was $3400)

Dark Man Set: No bid met minimum of $1400

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    My GUESS is that the following will have received bids and, consequently, sell:

GM Proofs
    Marsh Roots
    Plant Set
    Danse Proof
    Good guesses
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would have NEVER GUESSED the final prices....specifically on the Plant and Green Mile sets.

WOW.

Country
    Country Flag

The Cell auction suffered from the recent mini-surge of Cell proofs after a very long dry spell, I think. I'm somewhat surprised that Four Past Midnight had no takers. I am NOT surprised that the Dark Man Set did not get any offers. It's nowhere near as 'grand' as the other items and full sets are available for a lot less.

Country
    Country Flag

Not surprised at Dark Man or Cell either.. I am shocked that someone would pay $6900 for the Green Mile.. and I also wonder.. what person bid more than we seen... AND more importantly by how much. Hmmmmm. Interesting stuff for sure!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Cell auction suffered from the recent mini-surge of Cell proofs after a very long dry spell, I think. I'm somewhat surprised that Four Past Midnight had no takers. I am NOT surprised that the Dark Man Set did not get any offers. It's nowhere near as 'grand' as the other items and full sets are available for a lot less.
    I agree with everything you said. I'm not really surprised about the Green Mile set going for $6900--it's one of the most scarce sets and one of King's more iconic works.

John

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Would have NEVER GUESSED the final prices....specifically on the Plant and Green Mile sets.

WOW.
    What is the difference between The Plant that sold and the ones you read about on SKCollector as in signed and numbered? Curious as I really don't know. Were the signed and number ones considered proofs too?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 192 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast