Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 192 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Nice rare item at Betts today!

Listed and Sold within an hour....
    More like seconds bro. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

what was it? I still see no update since 8/7
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Regulators
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great, that lettered edition was my two initials, so it was the one i want! Rofl. I did just buy a Motokops toybox edition so Ill have to continue to opine for a Lettered and hope the seller will sell it to me when he tires of it...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

OMG!! WHO NEEDS A SALEMS??????????/ Go to Betts now!!! NOT TO MENTION!!! YOU CAN BUY CARRIE LOWER THAN ISSUE PRICE!!!!!!!????!!!! These will go fast!! SITE JUST updated folks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought you were talking about the 2nd state 1st ed posted and sold a couple of days ago at first and thought you were just behind lol. Man, that 2nd state was beautiful though. So wish I had that kinda money to get it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    ... NOT TO MENTION!!! YOU CAN BUY CARRIE LOWER THAN ISSUE PRICE!!!!!!!????!!!! ....
    Looked high and low through David's listings, but couldn't find a 1st Edition Carrie for less than $5.95 - Someone must have already bought it...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    ... NOT TO MENTION!!! YOU CAN BUY CARRIE LOWER THAN ISSUE PRICE!!!!!!!????!!!! ....
    Looked high and low through David's listings, but couldn't find a 1st Edition Carrie for less than $5.95 - Someone must have already bought it...
    hahahahahahahaahahahhaha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    .. the 2nd state 1st ed posted and sold a couple of days ago...was beautiful though.
    Interesting that was available on Hutch's site for years and now has sold twice in the last 90 days or so.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    .. the 2nd state 1st ed posted and sold a couple of days ago...was beautiful though.
    Interesting that was available on Hutch's site for years and now has sold twice in the last 90 days or so.
    Same person who bought it from Hutch now needs to sell it.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Same person who bought it from Hutch now needs to sell it.
    It would appear that he or she successfully did so.

Country
    Country Flag

How difficult would it be to fix that Salems S/L? I mean you can send it back to CP and they would do it for max couple hun.... Ive seen a pic and it looks like a portion of the adhesive has loosened from the binding. If you were good... you could probably do it yourself! Man oh man... I am fighting not to buy this and fix it. I bet you cannot even really tell... has anyone here grabbed that yet?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How difficult would it be to fix that Salems S/L? I mean you can send it back to CP and they would do it for max couple hun.... Ive seen a pic and it looks like a portion of the adhesive has loosened from the binding. If you were good... you could probably do it yourself! Man oh man... I am fighting not to buy this and fix it. I bet you cannot even really tell... has anyone here grabbed that yet?
    Don't know who grabbed it; but...

SALEM'S LOT S/L #86

$1500!!! SOLD

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Don't know who grabbed it; but...

SALEM'S LOT S/L #86

$1500!!! SOLD
    STELLAR PRICE! Congrats whoever got it... I was doing some research into seeing what I could do to fix it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

ON DAVIDS WEBSITE:

CARRIE LETTERED "W"

- $4850$4699 $4550 $4250 - below issue price! SOLD

I am anowner of a Lettered Carrie in my personal collection and I think this is WORTH OWNING!

This lettered edition is an absolutely stunning piece produced by PS Publishing in the UK. The lettered book comes in a beautiful traycase, and includes an art portolio of all the original artwork done by Glenn Chadbourne plus an original separate Chardbourne art piece. This is only the second copy I've seen for sale since the book was published. ***Owning this book gives you right of first refusal to Lettered "W" of Thinner (forthcoming).

My take on the situation -----------------

Thinner is still available from the Publisher.

The person buying this book can probably get the matching letter "W" for THINNER from PS Publishing. They still have 3 left!!!!!!! I would like to think that owning both Carrie and Thinner should give me advance notice in buying Skeleton Crew and future publications. I am not so much worried about Skeleton Crew, but if they do Salem's Lot, Night Shift and/or the Shining, i think they "MIGHT" sell out. not sure if they would. But i dont like to risk it!

Country
    Country Flag

The person can get that number as it is already bought and promised by Pete Glen to the owner.... This is a fact. Are you not able to get your letter?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I am anowner of a Lettered Carrie in my personal collection and I think this is WORTH OWNING!
    Congrats Roseanne!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

The person can get that number as it is already bought and promised by Pete Glen to the owner.... This is a fact. Are you not able to get your letter?
    my letter is secure. I just didn't realize a deal was already made! just pointing out that there is still 3 available!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    my letter is secure. I just didn't realize a deal was already made! just pointing out that there is still 3 available!
    ahhhhh. got ya.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

David's latest update regarding the $85,000 consignment listing tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I won't be involved in the silent auction, but it will be fun to watch.

---------
    Here are some things you need to know in anticipation of the big consignment upload planned for Friday afternoon:

1) There will be 7 items I am setting up as a "silent auction." There is a minimum bid set for each item. You will have 1 week to email me your best price to try to win the item. Final deadline to submit a bid is Friday Aug 28th noon my time.To be fair, for example, if minimum bid is $3000 and one person bids $3500 and another person bids $7000 because they REALLY want the item, the consignee and I have agreed it is not really fair to charge bidder #2 $7000 when next highest bid is $3500. In all likelihood I will tell winner they won at maybe $4000. This way bidder #2 is not overcharged and it is far enough away from bidder #1 that they likely will not lament the fact that they "missed it" by a small amount like $100. This seems only fair....that said, you do risk missing out if you do not bid what you are willing to pay. It is like an eBay auction SNIPE...you put in the max you are willing to pay and if it is enough, you win.

2) Most of these books, magazines, items are in nice condition and many are decades old. With the size of this consignment I will make every attempt to note significant flaws to items, particularly if there are any on the big Silent Auction items. That said, books, particularly those that are years and years of age will have small flaws. I am not going to attempt to list those small/modest flawsfor every item...consider most items (unless otherwise disclosed) to be Fine minus or Near Fine Plus condition.

3) Along the lines of point #2, the consignee has priced nearly ALL items very aggressively. I have conferred on prices with a couple very smart high-end collectors, and these prices will be very attractive I think.

4) The fact that it is noon Thursday and I am writing this means I am a little behind where I want to be (are you shocked? no?). I am targeting Friday afternoon launch maybe 3pm....close to that. If I am not finished I will post what I have loaded.

5) There are more than 200 items priced at $85,000+ with some REAL RARITIES. I am quite excited to be a part of this consignment. I HAVE ALL ITEMS HERE IN HAND!! I expect to get quite a large number of orders from this upload. WINNERS will be determined by email time stamp, so be ready to shoot me mails! And, as always, I am but one person doing all this, so your patience in getting a response and processing your order is ALWAYS appreciated. But, you all are cool, patient people anyway....still I do have to ask for your patience. Thank you.

6) This is my last "update" until Friday afternoon!!. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, looking forward to it. It's been a while since David sold any scarce magazines so I'm interested in seeing those as well. I only hope there are no proofs in this consignment.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to be interesting. Wish I had more disposable income to throw at it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Me too... alas, we just bought a house and my wife will NOT appreciate it if I start throwing $$ at David now... but dammit, if there are UK proofs in the consignment that I still need I will be facing a huge dilemma... But I have a feeling it will be mostly S/Ls and pre-Carrie stuff.

My gut feeling also says lettered Gunslinger...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

How could you buy a house. You've got to get your priorities straight. Think of all the books you could have bought instead.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

My gut feeling also says lettered Gunslinger...
    Oh good lord, please not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 192 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast