Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 192 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Anyone here snab that Lettered Regulators?
    There were a few flaws with that copy...

"inside traycase left side, the black cardboard is a little mottled; and there are a half dozen very minor spots on the siignature page."

I passed on it cause of that. If I am forking over $1000's of dollars I want er mint That is my HOLY GRAIL of King collecting though...
    I'd like to have seen some pictures. It probably wasn't too bad. I have no idea about the minor spots on the signature page but it could have been a minor production flaw. I've had a number of different copies of this book over the years and minor condition issues with the traycase are pretty common. The wood grain laminate covering is easily marred and I have seen some where the laminate is lifting in a place or two. The bullets leave impressions or dents in the felt inner lining (I think this is inevitable). Personally I wouldn't dismiss a copy of this particular book and traycase if the flaw was pretty minor. If you look closely they will almost all have something or other.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    There were a few flaws with that copy...

"inside traycase left side, the black cardboard is a little mottled; and there are a half dozen very minor spots on the siignature page."

I passed on it cause of that. If I am forking over $1000's of dollars I want er mint That is my HOLY GRAIL of King collecting though...
    I'd like to have seen some pictures. It probably wasn't too bad. I have no idea about the minor spots on the signature page but it could have been a minor production flaw. I've had a number of different copies of this book over the years and minor condition issues with the traycase are pretty common. The wood grain laminate covering is easily marred and I have seen some where the laminate is lifting in a place or two. The bullets leave impressions or dents in the felt inner lining (I think this is inevitable). Personally I wouldn't dismiss a copy of this particular book and traycase if the flaw was pretty minor. If you look closely they will almost all have something or other.
    This is great advice Bob. It helps knowing someone has seen a few copies. I should have asked for pictures. I think that book is thinking... that book is, to me, what a limited edition is ALL about. Like the book, "The Woman" (I think)... thought and imagination went into it... is your copy or copies with flaws Bob?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried for it at 12:06 but someone beat me to it by a couple of minutes. Urgh!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Tim did you get the LETTERED REGULATORS?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not me fellas'…..

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if someone here got it.. I really want one of these...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Damn, David, you went to Shawshank and didn't tell me when we chatted?!?!? So jealous! Valerie is amazing!!! And Happy Earlier anniversary cause I know I will forget. I can't even remember mine! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Traveler DDowner81 will become famous soon enough

Where can I find the pictures of Shawshank mentioned here?

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DDowner81 View Post
    Where can I find the pictures of Shawshank mentioned here?
    E-mail David @ Betts and he might send them to you or post them back on his site........

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Deserves a shout out! Betts has proven again to be the best place to buy S.K. books - thank you David for going the extra mile!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Deserves a shout out! Betts has proven again to be the best place to buy S.K. books - thank you David for going the extra mile!
    Most welcome :-)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This might be a dumb question but how does the "Hold" work on Betts
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Lud View Post
    This might be a dumb question but how does the "Hold" work on Betts
    Just like a remote control.

JK.

I believe that means the item is on hold. Since the site is not "live purchasing", it (David can answer this) might mean the person was quick to contact David, or was on a previously wanted list and had a short time to be first to commit.
    Purely my supposition. Only David can officially answer that question.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking David is physically holding the item in both hands very carefully until the buyer pays for it... at which time he then carefully wraps and places the item in a box and ships it.
    I am not sure if David wears white gloves while he is holding the item... but I am guessing he has some color of gloves on .... as to prevent any body oils from damaging the item

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I'm thinking David is physically holding the item in both hands very carefully until the buyer pays for it... at which time he then places the item in a box and ships it.
    I am not sure if David wears white gloves while he is holding the item... but I am guessing he has some color of gloves on .... as to prevent any body oils from damaging the item
    Actually, David uses nitrile gloves (cheapest at Costco, 400 for $19.99, and no latex allergy problem).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I'm thinking David is physically holding the item in both hands very carefully until the buyer pays for it... at which time he then places the item in a box and ships it.
    Actually, David uses nitrile gloves (cheapest at Costco, 400 for $19.99, and no latex allergy problem).

Somehow, you knowing this is unsettling.... LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

David is great at holding things. Just ask... he is all about helping collectors grow their collections in any way he can. He has been my nu8mber #1 since I started and a true delight to deal with every time. I would NOT hold a book with him I had no intention of buying though and I would hope no one here would do that to him. A "hold" to me is... when I get paid or get that bonus I will pay you... not hold it for me and I will continue to look for a better deal and if one does not come along... well then I will take it. That is wrong. My 2 cents as always though
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David is great at holding things. Just ask... he is all about helping collectors grow their collections in any way he can. He has been my nu8mber #1 since I started and a true delight to deal with every time. I would NOT hold a book with him I had no intention of buying though and I would hope no one here would do that to him. A "hold" to me is... when I get paid or get that bonus I will pay you... not hold it for me and I will continue to look for a better deal and if one does not come along... well then I will take it. That is wrong. My 2 cents as always though
    Yep. Last year he had something I wanted, but then a bunch of us crazy people went all the way to Toronto to see King. I asked David to hold it tightly in his hands until we got back and I got another paycheck. He must have put it down at some point, as he was holding another lovely King book when I met him, but when we got back and I paid, he shipped it out. He's great (as if we didn't all know that)!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Must concur with the praise for David. He let me get both my 'Salem's Lot and Green Mile S/L's on layaway. I'd never have got copies otherwise. The man is a gentleman. Simple as that

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I tried for it at 12:06 but someone beat me to it by a couple of minutes. Urgh!!
    Well the cat is out of bag now, yes I grabbed it.

Sorry jonp
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Must concur with the praise for David. He let me get both my 'Salem's Lot and Green Mile S/L's on layaway. I'd never have got copies otherwise. The man is a gentleman. Simple as that
    Aye - can absolute agree to that !

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Aye - can absolute agree to that !
    Me too, I've got a couple of books on layaway at the moment and I'd also never have got them otherwise or a long time in the future!
    David's the best.

Country
    Country Flag

New listing guys.... check it out!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New listings coming tomorrow at noon(ish).
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    New listings coming tomorrow at noon(ish).
    Today it says...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 192 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast