Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 192 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    i was FINALLY able to secure an IT S/L
    way to go!

I scored one of those too...well actually kind of....

A couple of weeks ago, I was photographing some of my books for a project one of our members here is doing... and I ran across an unopened box stuck between two bookcases. I opened it up and to my surprise, it was a lettered edition of "It"

I had totally forgotten I ordered this book, and when it was delivered about two years ago, it was right during the time I had just gotten laid off from my job and I was freaking out about life... I didn't know what was in the box, didn't care, had more important things going on, so stuck it out of the way...and promptly forgot about it. Probably would have set there unopened for many more years if I hadn't been asked to take some pictures of some of my books.

I've lost money before, only to be found years later... but finding a 2000.00 book I didn't know I had definitely made my day.

BTW... nice interview Dave! looking forward to part 2
    Lol are you serous?
    yep... it's hell getting old and senile...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who here is planning on emptying their wallet for David's largest sale since 2004? I mean 300 items! There must be something for everyone in that.... I plan to be ready! I just hope it is not when I am hiking in the mountains of Newfounland!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Who here is planning on emptying their wallet for David's largest sale since 2004? I mean 300 items! There must be something for everyone in that.... I plan to be ready! I just hope it is not when I am hiking in the mountains of Newfounland!!!!
    I may pick up one or two items, but I don't think I'll be emptying my wallet as much as I'd like to. Problem is that the wallet is already empty, and I don't want to go into debt with it. All the recent Anniversary Edition releases have set me back some... So I'll likely just sit back and watch, and agonize over what I didn't get...

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will be hoping for a signed trade copy of Wizard and Glass. Nothing else I am looking for - course doesn't mean i won't buy something entirely unexpected. I am tired of anniversary editions though. May sell the PS copies i have. Feeling like I do when latest edition of Halloween or Evil Dead show-up forsale. I don't even look at those copies except to wonder why I want them.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I will be hoping for a signed trade copy of Wizard and Glass. Nothing else I am looking for - course doesn't mean i won't buy something entirely unexpected. I am tired of anniversary editions though. May sell the PS copies i have. Feeling like I do when latest edition of Halloween or Evil Dead show-up forsale. I don't even look at those copies except to wonder why I want them.
    What number do you have on the Christine PS edition if you don't mind me asking?

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

622. Matching Pet Semetary and Carrie on order.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay thanks. Was looking for #102.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I'm ready for this next consignment.

I'm broke.....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I'm not sure I'm ready for this next consignment.

I'm broke.....
    Ditto...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Targeting Thursday.....uh-oh.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Today is the day... 12noon Eastern time... as David thought anyway.... I am ready Pocket book???? Not so much... lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Today is the day... 12noon Eastern time... as David thought anyway.... I am ready Pocket book???? Not so much... lol
    I actually have it bookmarked on my work calendar.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I will not look... I will not look.. I WILL NOT LOOK... <click> Ooooh Shiny!! wheres my credit card?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Not a ton I'm really interested in on this listing...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you know? David hasn't posted the update yet???
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Yes he has.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I found several I wanted but showed some restrain and sent in a request for 7 books but someone beat me to 3 of them. Of the 4 I did get 2 are upgrades and the other 2 are ones I have been looking to add. So it was a good day for me.

Yes he has! Reload his web page.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, and... now I'm off to the plasma center and then the pawn shop and car title loan store!

WOOHOOO!

(J/k) LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yes he has.
    Doh! My bad, page was cached. Refreshed to see new listing

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't realize BP was selling his entire collection. Thought he was just focusing his collection in a different direction. That's too bad.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's what I thought too.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I managed to fill a few holes in my collection here. Of course, I wanted a whole lot more but had to show some will power otherwise...well, you know how that goes...

Country
    Country Flag

I think Grant has some health issues that are pretty serious and my heart goes out to him and his family as collecting was a real passion of his. Good vibes your way Grant.... Cheers mate
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I missed the DT remarqued books I wanted
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Grant has some health issues that are pretty serious and my heart goes out to him and his family as collecting was a real passion of his. Good vibes your way Grant.... Cheers mate
    I HOPE it's not true.... But I can't think of another reason why someone would dump their collection (We know HOW MUCH HE LOVED IT). I HOPE ALL GOES WELL.... IF THAT IS THE CASE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 192 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast