Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 192 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    this is a F@#)^*%^()* disease! I have spent over 9 grand in the last 2 months... I am currently THIS CLOSE to being cut off by the wife. I cannot hellllllllllllllllllllllp it. So many I want!
    Addiction is a disease. I find it helps a little to enjoy all aspects of my book. Don't just purchase the book and put it away.

Take pictures. Post them in your collection thread. Put on a Brodart jacket protector. Peruse or even, here's a big one, read the book. If you read every book you purchase before buying the next one it's sure to slow your collecting pace.

Make a game of setting certain restrictions on your purchases such as it has to be half price. That worked for me for a while...

Until Cemetery Dance had a 1/2 price sale.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    this is a F@#)^*%^()* disease! I have spent over 9 grand in the last 2 months... I am currently THIS CLOSE to being cut off by the wife. I cannot hellllllllllllllllllllllp it. So many I want!
    LMFAO....When I started collecting King (personally) many many years ago, I did it from work and had books shipped to my office where I spent 14 hours a day so I could look at them...I thought I'd stay fairly small, but collecting is indeed a slippery slope and before I knew it, I had sunk quite a few dollars into my "addiction." Then it took me a long time to admit to my wife what I had been doing...not a conversation or situation I ever want to repeat, let me tell you...all worked out in the end, but I know the furrowed brow look from my wife pretty damned well!
    shhsh... wait....

ok she's gone now. So I have a similar issue. Its a small book case and its not easy to hide new additions. I 'reorganise' every now and then to hide the fact that a new book has appeared. very often a nice new book will live behind the others because its too prominent not to be noticed. I have over a dozen books waiting to be shipped from the my US offies - one of them is Knowing Darkness! how the F£$%! am I going to hide that one?????

Can I get counselling? "My name is Simon and I am a Stephen King Collector" <sob>

P.S I justify this because she does the same with Handbags and shoes... "these Darling, oh I've had them for YEARS...."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    LMFAO....When I started collecting King (personally) many many years ago, I did it from work and had books shipped to my office where I spent 14 hours a day so I could look at them...I thought I'd stay fairly small, but collecting is indeed a slippery slope and before I knew it, I had sunk quite a few dollars into my "addiction." Then it took me a long time to admit to my wife what I had been doing...not a conversation or situation I ever want to repeat, let me tell you...all worked out in the end, but I know the furrowed brow look from my wife pretty damned well!
    shhsh... wait....

ok she's gone now. So I have a similar issue. Its a small book case and its not easy to hide new additions. I 'reorganise' every now and then to hide the fact that a new book has appeared. very often a nice new book will live behind the others because its too prominent not to be noticed. I have over a dozen books waiting to be shipped from the my US offies - one of them is Knowing Darkness! how the F£$%! am I going to hide that one?????

Can I get counselling? "My name is Simon and I am a Stephen King Collector" <sob>

P.S I justify this because she does the same with Handbags and shoes... "these Darling, oh I've had them for YEARS...."
    Same situation man! LOL I just bought a signed copy of Knowing Darkness too!!!!! Where the hell is that gonna go? I recently hid a little beauty (one of the marble S/L Dolan's Cadillac) and she did not notice but she does like her handbags... and shoes.... and clothes. I just tell her that they go DOWN in value. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Addiction is a disease. I find it helps a little to enjoy all aspects of my book. Don't just purchase the book and put it away.

Take pictures. Post them in your collection thread. Put on a Brodart jacket protector. Peruse or even, here's a big one, read the book. If you read every book you purchase before buying the next one it's sure to slow your collecting pace.

Make a game of setting certain restrictions on your purchases such as it has to be half price. That worked for me for a while...

Until Cemetery Dance had a 1/2 price sale.
    Thanks for the advice but I have read every SK book and have all the paperbacks and BCE hardcovers... so I do not even open them other then to revel in the signatures. LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys think that David would allow me to do a lay away with like $300 down on the Lettered IT he has for sale??
    IT Lettered was sold to another member here
    Damm... I bet that was one beautiful book. I even wrote David about holding it... never heard back and now I see it is sold. Who wants to wait for the money though??? He just owed me a fav... oh well
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong thread, of course, but I highly highly recommend not purchasing things you don't have the money on hand for. We've all been there, the mindset is that THIS IS A GREAT DEAL! IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! Well, it will happen again. There's no need to ever go broke King collecting if you are patient ... or if it's not 2013, lol.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys think that David would allow me to do a lay away with like $300 down on the Lettered IT he has for sale??
    IT Lettered was sold to another member here
    Damm... I bet that was one beautiful book. I even wrote David about holding it... never heard back and now I see it is sold. Who wants to wait for the money though??? He just owed me a fav... oh well
    To quote our fearless leader....the catalog is your friend.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion+-+Lettered

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

David & Betts Books Rocks!!!!

Spoiler:
    I have a signed "Dr. Sleep" in the hopper!!!

Edit: My "The Shining GE" is already paid for in full. Looking forward to this as well!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wrong thread, of course, but I highly highly recommend not purchasing things you don't have the money on hand for. We've all been there, the mindset is that THIS IS A GREAT DEAL! IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! Well, it will happen again. There's no need to ever go broke King collecting if you are patient ... or if it's not 2013, lol.
    Ummm....why didn't you share this advice before your big ass collection sale?!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I got to the party late but was out of town in Vegas again.
    Great prices at on lots of King items Betts!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great, David just announced that more great shit is being posted within the next day or so........

Make it stop!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Great, David just announced that more great shit is being posted within the next day or so........

Make it stop!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Make it stop!
    And sadly I have no willpower.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Make it stop!
    And sadly I have no willpower.
    Join the club!

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta' bad feeling I'm gonna spend some $$$.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Argh!! 15 minutes after a number of new flat signed books are posted, they're nearly all sold out.

Country
    Country Flag

I did some damage....

Picked up the US Shining, US Stand, and CUJO.

Ouch.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did some damage....

Ouch.
    Can't wait to see them!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I did some damage....

Ouch.
    The Shining signed is an awesome acquisition my friend. If you ever need someone to hang onto it (you know, babysit) I have a place in Room 217 for it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I did some damage....

Ouch.
    The Shining signed is an awesome acquisition my friend. If you ever need someone to hang onto it (you know, babysit) I have a place in Room 217 for it.

Mulleins
    Gosh, everyone around here is just so nice, offering to "baby sit" and watch over your books for you!!! What a great bunch of folks!!

Spoiler:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have I mentioned lately that, David is just about the best book store owner in the world (BBOITW)?

Spoiler:
    Cause, he like "is"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Have I mentioned lately that, David is just about the best book store owner in the world (BBOITW)?

Spoiler:
    Cause, he like "is"!!!

Agreed!

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

He is awesome!!!
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll third that, from stage payments and great deals, Dave is the man!

2 more instalments and I get my *precious*....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 192 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast