Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    As a reputable Stephen King book store, I would EXPECT that he would have copies available to his customer base. I have no issue with Subterranean Press supporting the small book stores buy holding 10 copies for their respective circulation. Specifically of the Gift Edition......

Not too worried about availability of the Gift Edition or that David has the relationship with the small publishers to ensure that he is allocated a very small amount of copies to offer his loyal customer base.

My two cents....
    I could not agree more!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

There is quite a large amount of Gift Editions available. I'm fairly certain the publisher won't sell out of them for a few years (if ever).

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    There is quite a large amount of Gift Editions available. I'm fairly certain the publisher won't sell out of them for a few years (if ever).

I disagree Shannon.

The gift edition will be sold out by the time the book is released.

Not too long ago the similarly-priced G/E of FDNS sold out prepublication....with a print run 250 copies more than The Shining....and did I mention this is The Shining? A classic King Novel that everyone knows....which was turned into a classic horror movie that everyone knows.

No, the gift edition will not sell out overnight, but by the end of the year they will be gone.

ATTENTION SUBTERRANEAN PRESS. PUT THE GIFT EDITION ON SALE ONE DAY AFTER THE LETTERED AND NUMBERED GO ON SALE TO PREVENT YOUR WEBSITE FROM CRASHING!

Sorry...back on track.....

I too purchased one of David's INSANE deals!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I too think the gift edition will sell rapidly. This is one of the most popular, most loved, and well-known of King's books. <---- not that that needs to be told to anyone here, but it is a major factor. The other major factor is the limitation. DT Gift Edition books of similar limitation have sold out pretty quickly. Only when the limitation was heavily increased (DT VII) did they not sell out quickly. The value of DT V and DT VI are also nearing $200 each.

With this particular novel and this 1500 limitation I would expect them to sell out in a couple of months or less... maybe even a couple of weeks.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would give it less than a month to sell out - I imagine that everyone that gets a s/l will also probably buy a GE (or 2) - that is half the inventory (or more) right there. I mean CD sold out of all 5000 GE copies of SOD 1 - how long did that take?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with he above. 1500 is a small number as far as GE's go.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

1,500 ... For some reason I was thinking 5,000. My bad. In that case, yes, I think they will sell out, lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

1,500 ... For some reason I was thinking 5,000. My bad. In that case, yes, I think they will sell out, lol.
    Ahh, "Confusion" seems to be going around!!! LOL LOL LOL

It's sold out already they just don't know it yet!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

It couldnt of sold out, because there system crashed. We need ChristineB to show us how to hack into the system and order them.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

It couldnt of sold out, because there system crashed. We need ChristineB to show us how to hack into the system and order them.
    Good point!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL not commissioned to buy this one for someone this time so I won't be of any help when the system freaks out.

And as a footnote it wasn't me that came up with the work around last time... I just made sure everyone got the info they needed to get it to work.
    Christine

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding my "reserve" with SubPress....I contacted them the minute the announcement came out. Turns out I learned of an old feud between Sub Press and former Betts owner who apparently had some not nice things to say about the Green Mile editions they did and pissed SubPress off. He told me he had vowed to never work with Betts again but since I am "new" to him and he had "heard of me" he was willing to give me a chance with the Gift editions. Gotta start somewhere I say! He also told me that even as a retailer I will be limited to one copy of the S/L and/or the Lettered edition if I can claim one fast enough. He will not sell multiple copies. That's my understanding anyway....SubPress will reserve a few copies to a "few" well established retailers of the deluxe editions, but that's all I could find out.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

NEW CONSIGNMENT FROM A MEMBER HERE AT TDT.ORG POSTED ON BETTS WEBSITE. Some nice collectibles and some good prices I think.

Also, don't be bashful about making me a reasonable offer on some of those INSANE listings.....ALSO, those of you who missed out on the Salem's Lot traycases, I have 2 with Ned Dameron artwork for sale at LIST PRICE! These were initially claimed by others but over the last two months, circumstances led to them not being able to pay for them so they are UP FOR GRABS. These are outstanding pieces...don't miss them!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new items!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I can't say enough about how great it is to deal with David at Betts......
    I made an INSANE offer on some DT S/Ls and well I'm one happy customer....
    He's also got some new INSANE listings today......

Thanks again David..

Brian....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to oblige Brian....and to others here, while I think my INSANE price listings are great deals, I have to admit to overspending during 2012 for my own collection and as a result I am cash poor at the moment for Betts, so I am trying to "liquidate" some items that I own and are not consigned through Betts....so this is a backasswards way of saying that I hope you buy at the INSANE price but I am open to "reasonable" offers...I'm not giving this stuff away though.

And while I am not at liberty to explain the situation here in print (if you want the story, call me), my wife is in a bit of a legal jam (people not doing their job in finding out the facts!) that has already cost me thousands$ and may get worse...confident she will be vindicated but this continues the black cloud that has been over my family for months.....in last 3 months, my son was assaulted at school and is on soft foods for 3 months (assaulter expelled from school! but thousands$ dental bill), an idiot totaled my wife's car just before Xmas, and now this legal issue....ay yi yi...send me some positive/healing mojo please.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope you make some great sales to help out your situation. Something I'm looking for is a 1st Roadwork (Bachman paperback). Do you have one? I recently noticed that mine has a block of pages unglued and has come loose. Need a replacement.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that David. Sending good thoughts and prayers, hoping that things turn around soon for you and your family.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a UK edition of Roadwork, not a US 1st

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My prayers are with you and yours, David! Be well!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sending good feelings to you, my friend. Hope things get better soon!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

huggles my Friend

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    huggles my Friend
    My "Best Wishes" to you as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bucketload of Aussie Mojo heading your way David
    We all float down here!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    A bucketload of Aussie Mojo heading your way David
    Via Scotland! All the best David.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast