Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear Friends and Constant Readers,

It is with great honor and enthusiasm that I assume the role of caretaker of Bett’s Books. My predecessor, Stuart Tinker, has held the position for nearly 20 years, and he is a well-known and respected figure in the Stephen King community. I would like to thank Stu for his dedication over the past years and for inspiring in so many of us a passion for all things Stephen King. My first King collectible was purchased from Stu almost 15 years ago. Stu and I plan to complete the formal transfer of ownership during the next several weeks.

Bett’s Books is synonymous with authenticity, quality and service, and I intend to uphold these values as the new owner. One of my long-term goals is to help expand people’s knowledge and appreciation for the literary works of Stephen King and to be an advocate for reading in general. I also plan to continue my support of The Haven Foundation, a national, nonprofit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening trauma.

I simply could not be more delighted to be the new proprietor of Bett’s Books, and I look forward to providing you with the utmost care and consideration. I have several ideas for taking the business in new directions, so stay tuned!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get the email but my guess back a while ago was right! Congratulations, David! You are truely the king of Stephen King collectibles!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Bett's Books has a NEW owner

Dear Friends and Constant Readers,

It is with great honor and enthusiasm that I assume the role of caretaker of Bett’s Books. My predecessor, Stuart Tinker, has held the position for nearly 20 years, and he is a well-known and respected figure in the Stephen King community. I would like to thank Stu for his dedication over the past years and for inspiring in so many of us a passion for all things Stephen King. My first King collectible was purchased from Stu almost 15 years ago. Stu and I plan to complete the formal transfer of ownership during the next several weeks.

Bett’s Books is synonymous with authenticity, quality and service, and I intend to uphold these values as the new owner. One of my long-term goals is to help expand people’s knowledge and appreciation for the literary works of Stephen King and to be an advocate for reading in general. I also plan to continue my support of The Haven Foundation, a national, nonprofit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening trauma.

I simply could not be more delighted to be the new proprietor of Bett’s Books, and I look forward to providing you with the utmost care and consideration. I have several ideas for taking the business in new directions, so stay tuned!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

one question david....

did it include that cute little thing that worked for stu?

now THAT would be the deal of the century.

congrads!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    one question david....

did it include that cute little thing that worked for stu?

now THAT would be the deal of the century.

congrads!
    sadly, no.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David! Best of luck!

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW... your first job as new owner should be to make sure you update that email list. I didn't get the email from stu either... though I've been a customer of betts for 10+ years and spent at least 30 grand there.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hearty congratulations David. I wish you well in your new adventure.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic, David. Congratulations! The very best of luck to you!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mods please rename this thread.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I was very sad to hear that Stu was closing after so many years. My very first signed book came from there, and I visited there on my first honeymoon, with Stu opening specially for me.

Now I know that the new owner is someone of the highest integrity, I've no concerns about the future of Betts (will the name remain?). Matey, I couldn't be more pleased for you. You have the right mix of honesty and insanity to make this work.

In another thread Sir_Boome suggests you update the mailing list. My suggestion is to re-design the website. You don't want anything too fancy (I think that would detract from its main job) but it's a little too sprawling at the moment.

All the luck in the world to you my friend.

Ceri
    Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all. It will be a lot of work, but they say that you should do something you really enjoy...not a problem there!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW !!

Congratulations David !!

I am also pleased and excited for all of us that Bett's has a new caretaker that cares as much about King's work and book collecting as you do.

YEA for everyone !!

Karl

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Thats amazing David - congratulations!! If you need any help at all don't hesitate to ask us!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I was very sad to hear that Stu was closing after so many years. My very first signed book came from there, and I visited there on my first honeymoon, with Stu opening specially for me.

Now I know that the new owner is someone of the highest integrity, I've no concerns about the future of Betts (will the name remain?). Matey, I couldn't be more pleased for you. You have the right mix of honesty and insanity to make this work.

In another thread Sir_Boome suggests you update the mailing list. My suggestion is to re-design the website. You don't want anything too fancy (I think that would detract from its main job) but it's a little too sprawling at the moment.

All the luck in the world to you my friend.

Ceri
    Ah, Ceri my old friend!

Thank you for your comments, and yes, the name will remain as it has a presence in the community around the world. Sadly, the store front in Bangor will close and I will run it as a web-based business (Stu says 95%+ of orders come from e-mail/phone/web). I have several ideas, but e-mail list refinement and new design will occur as soon as I can manage it.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    WOW! Thats amazing David - congratulations!! If you need any help at all don't hesitate to ask us!
    I am ALWAYS open for suggestions, so send them along. Some will be utilized, others not, of course, but my goal is to give everyone the best experience I can offer.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

problem is...
    david will want to keep all the good stuff for his own collection ...ha ha.

bett's books inventory site goes to a couple of king related mags.
    david's collection thread here expands by 50 pages.
    (this is my secret reason I didn't contact stu to buy his store)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Wiz!!! What an amazing step

All the best luck!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, David, are you moving to Bangor?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stu's first words to me were you CAN NOT fall in love with the inventory. I have a strong will, so I think I can manage.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'm so happy for you David. Wonderful news.

I'm with Eric, if there's anything you need or I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Wiz! Good luck with this!

I look forward to doing business with you!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

WOW !!! Im so happy to hear that an Icon such at Bett's is going to be continued by someone like yourself... this is wonderful news to all Stephen
    King fans and I'm sure with your passion and knowledge that Bett's will be
    a fun and exciting venture for you !!! Congratulations David

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This outpouring of support and congratulations is making me cry (of joy!). Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    So, David, are you moving to Bangor?

he can't afford to move since he bought the farm

yeah david... stronger will than me i hope....

i've never been able to part with any of my king books as yet, so i'd have made a great caretaker... poor businessman.

still... i know you'll be tempted to keep a few of the best goodies back.... you WERE a collector 1st - BEFORE becoming a store owner.... and we all know how hard it is to shed that collector bug that's infected a good portion of us here.
    only thing worse than a booze addict is a book addict

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast