Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

<---wonders if he could get a loan.

So sorry to hear this about Betts, but I'm glad to know the he is thinking of himself and what makes him happy.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sad for us, but happy for Stu and Penny. Going to the site now to see if it's time to place one more order. *sigh*

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would LOVE to buy the place but now live in Minnesota...kind of a long commute....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to own my own retail store (a pet store). It's a LOT of work, but very rewarding. I averaged 60-80 hour weeks. I couldn't do that again, though.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I DID find out that he is not selling the physical building (that is leased), but the real store (the inventory, right's to the store name, ALL the equipment that goes along with the store, and probably more than I am aware of) to whomever is willing to take it on. It actually sounds like a very good investment, and I actually kinda wish I could take on such a challenge. But I know me, and I know that it wouldn't work out.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone buys this I'll work for you. You can just pay me in SK books instead of money.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Who is the broker handling the sale? I've searched, but can't find his asking price...I'm not emailing him and asking...but I am curious. If it's not the building, then the location's irrelevant - you're buying inventory and equipment. No rule says Betts Books even needs to be a physical building anymore...

I don't know if a bookstore is a good investment in this economy, but it is a business with a reputation, which is better than a start-up...

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad, this is sad news, as others I have bought many books off him. But if this is what he wants then I hope him the best in his retirement.

One of the sad things for collector's is this was a store where you knew you were getting a real signature. It was a lot safer bet than abebooks or ebay.
    Geoff

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trust me Rahfa, it's a really good investment if you have somewhere to put the inventory and can run the store out of your home as an internet bookstore (at least until the economy gets better).

As a physical bookstore though I would have to look very hard before I got into it because of the overhead.

As for his asking price, I simply asked Stu when I put in an order with him a few days ago. If I thought for even one minute that I could devote the time and energy to the business, I would go for it. I can't. I have a sick wife at home who needs my attention a lot more than any customer, and I understand what Stu has been having to deal with. I walked away from a good career to care for her and while many days are just fine, there are days when she needs my total, undivided attention, and I can't let myself get distracted.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I say we pool our $ and make a loan to Hutch to buy Stu's inventory!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

I've been selling Sk books for a long time now and with Stu stepping down got me thinking now might be a good time to open up a store of my own. I've shipped pretty much all over the world so I thought maybe somewhere unique where I could find a growing market. Found this little place in China. What do you guys think?

I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The rents great, but the shipping is going to kill you.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Say the name out loud.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Say the name out loud.

Let's use that in a sentence kiddies

In a frantic panic searching for UTD tickets I drove across town and found myself at the Wong Fook Hing Book Store.

I hate when that happens

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will miss Stu but....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

... but?

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

but who knows what the future brings!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

... very true! But for a moment I thought you would announce that you bought Bett's

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I guess someone else got it

If I've just read Stu's mass mail correctly.......
    Calla Wolf

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I KNEW!!

Someone here is my witness. I knew

Congratulations!!!!! (I won't say his name, but Stu just confirmed it by sending an email).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Proof positive of the obsessive insanity that grips the King community from time to time...tho this HAS to be the crowning glory of King related purchases. Bob, Dave, Greg...all of us really...eat our hearts out

Man, you are as nutty as a fruitcake...and I think it's awesome!!! Best of luck to you!!!
    Calla Wolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast