Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 192 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow David that must give you a terrible feeling of injustice, and it really really is injust. Injust that it’s now up to you to chase this down yourself, which is astounding to me. I’ll definitely chip in if you go down the go fund me route.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Traveler palooka will become famous soon enough palooka will become famous soon enough

A police report or something might be the way to go. You need some rock solid back-up should the book surface again on the market. You'll want to be able to reclaim it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given that you have lost $7,500 this is not a matter of a lost package anymore.

The guy waited 2 months before claiming the package lost. 2 months. For a $7,500 book. That doesnt make sense. He probably was following closely the tracking. He wouldnt have gotten it, he would have said something 2 days later. Heck, maybe a week if he was extremely busy and didnt have time. But not two months.

Given the value of the item, this is now a crime. Go file a police report but do not tell him that first. Maybe police can go search the book in his house?
    And obviously but I guess you've done that, add alerts on ebay/craigslist etc for copies of this book.
    If he's not stupid he wont sell it online, but who knows?

And I agree that the guy should be publicly named... but maybe after seeing the cops?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they are denying because the person was not required to sign for the package, therefore they believe the person when they say they never received the package.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What a(please pardon my French but this pisses me off)giant clusterfuck. I'm so sorry this is happening David. I agree with others that something is shady here. Two months? Whenever I get tracking from you I follow it daily because of the excitement. If I came home to a message that said delivered and it wasn't there I would be on the phone with the post office and then you that very day. I sincerely hope you don't let this go away quietly(not that I think you will!). Police report, VISA appeal, google earth the guys address for that day if you can, etc etc. Please keep us updated and I hope this comes to a decent conclusion.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yep. I called David yesterday just to talk about this. Like Bev said above, whenever I buy something from David I follow the tracking day by day. And if I were in a position to buy a book that expensive (I am not), on the day that delivery was supposed to happen, I would have taken off work to make sure I got it. The guy screwed David and that is a very sad thing to happen to him. I don't know what can be done but I bet if you look on that guy's shelf, you will find the book there. No way would I wait 2 months to say I never got the book. This entire thing sucks. OR, if there was a chance the person may not be there, for a book like this, why did he not just have it shipped directly to the post office.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's painful to hear dude.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have created a Go Fund Me page for Betts books. The lofty goal is to collect $7,000 to offset David's substantial loss.
    The link is:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-betts-books

Please share with any and ever person who you think can help.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

To echo other comments in this thread:

1. The buyer waited two months to say anything about an incredibly expensive purchase that was mailed Express/Priority and therefore should have arrived within a few days.

2. The buyer did not reach out to David directly. The buyer contacted the financial services people and let David find out from them.

The customer is the thief.

I’m sorry you got so profoundly screwed over by a repeat customer, David. That truly sucks.

I hope that at some point we all learn the name of the “customer” in Forest, VA, so that we can avoid the risk of becoming victim of a similar scam from this person.

Edited.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I started the fundraiser off with $100

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I’m in for helping too, David. Let us know which way you want to go!
    I wouldn’t have most of the high end (for me) items in my collection if you hadn’t let me pay on layaway. You’re a gentleman and this fucking sucks!
    Agree with you completely, Alan as far as David's generous lay-a-way plan. I'm currently purchasing a pretty good sided lot of books via this plan. Will contribute to the funds account when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    What a(please pardon my French but this pisses me off)giant clusterfuck. I'm so sorry this is happening David. I agree with others that something is shady here. Two months? Whenever I get tracking from you I follow it daily because of the excitement. If I came home to a message that said delivered and it wasn't there I would be on the phone with the post office and then you that very day. I sincerely hope you don't let this go away quietly(not that I think you will!). Police report, VISA appeal, google earth the guys address for that day if you can, etc etc. Please keep us updated and I hope this comes to a decent conclusion.
    Exactly, Lori! I check it at least once a day if not more.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fitting that two big boxes should be arriving today from David
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice. Can't wait to see what they are.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

I’m just catching up on this CRIME. David, so sorry to hear this.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Nothing too exciting. A dozen+ 1st/1st that I'm currently missing from my collection.

My Mood
    Cool

Nothing too exciting. A dozen+ 1st/1st that I'm currently missing from my collection.
    A dozen . That sounds like a lot to me. And if it fills in more of your collection then that's a great thing.

Country
    Country Flag

A dozen . That sounds like a lot to me. And if it fills in more of your collection then that's a great thing.
    Thank you, Sir!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I’m in for helping too, David. Let us know which way you want to go!
    I wouldn’t have most of the high end (for me) items in my collection if you hadn’t let me pay on layaway. You’re a gentleman and this fucking sucks!
    ^^^^^ + 1

David is probably one of the most generous and helpful people I know, and to think that someone has taken advantage of his kindness to rip him off makes my blood boil!!!

Although my modest income prohibits me from contributing monetarily to the Go Fund Me page, I want to do everything I can to help redress the balance of this injustice...

To that end, I will be selling some of my collection over on the classifieds thread, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the Go Fund Me page for Betts Books.

Please look out for my listing!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very very kind of you. I’m sure David really appreciates yours and everyone’s help with this, and this is really generous of you.
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mailing some goodies to my friend today for his site. Hope it helps brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't friggin' believe someone would do this to David - of all people! I agree with all of the comments since his post and am also LIVID!! This whole situation leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. Like others have said, there's NO WAY I'd wait 2 months to report this, let alone doing it the way he did. Time to stop my rant, but it's tough.

I'll help however I can - starting with the GoFundMe page. We love you, David!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Brian! And yes it is exciting

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Also very generous of the folks pitching in and donating books and the like. The collecting community comes together when needed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Congrats Brian! And yes it is exciting
    Thanks, Lori! I was thinking while I was opening the boxes that there are more King titles in here than most authors will ever write in their lifetimes. And after filling up almost two bookcases, realizing how much stuff I'm still missing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 192 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast