+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 3950

Thread: Betts Books

  1. #3851
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    11,579
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Email order requested late Sunday 5th Aug. Order delivered to me in UK 10 Aug with usual great packaging.

    This man's a machine!
    Man you still need books man? Haha I’m shocked!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  2. #3852
    Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Of Heaven
    Posts
    2,778
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Email order requested late Sunday 5th Aug. Order delivered to me in UK 10 Aug with usual great packaging.

    This man's a machine!
    Man you still need books man? Haha I’m shocked!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. My first thought was, "What the hell does RT need?" Then I scanned the Betts inventory and couldn't see any "Steve" inscriptions... So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.

  3. #3853
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,888
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.
    It came in a slipcase that David gave me for no extra money. What a guy!

    (I also collect trade books inscribed before release date)

  4. #3854
    Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfield CT
    Posts
    4,711
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    CONFESSION: HANGING HEAD WITH SHAME, as I have slipped quite badly on my response/customer service with some of you:

    I am in a bad way here in all honesty….I got (am) WAY behind on emails (some going back to June, SIGH) with the intention that I’d finally find time to go back and answer them, but I keep getting pushed forward with new things. I admit to having filled some orders on more recent mails because it was 1) easy, 2) on the front burner 3) other lame excuses. Mails in "arrears" are in truth JUST as important as recent mails, but some ask for pictures etc. that get more involved and I tell myself that I will "come back" to do it later...My wife tells me CONSTANTLY...later is never better and she is right! Now, people have every RIGHT to ask for pictures of items, but let me tell you it is an involved process. I take pictures on my camera, need to download them to the computer, then resize each one, then attach them to an email response.....not super hard, no, but involved, so some of these requests I leave BOLDED in my inbox as unread and then I do "easier" responses. Totally my bad.

    I know I have MANY orders/inquiries for things that I have for whatever reason failed to go back and address. Some of you are among those and for that I apologize. Not a very great way to do business, but it is the truth. Every day that goes past, I keep telling myself, I MUST PUT ALL ELSE ASIDE AND GO ADDRESS THOSE emails but it seems I have failed to do that. Every day, I wake up and tell myself TODAY is the day to start addressing old emails but things happen during my day that distract me etc (like writing this post, rather than addressing old mails!). I also have a gazillion new items to list, some prices to modify etc. and all of it seems to get pushed.

    My apologies for my bad business practices of late! I am a human and FAR from perfect, I do have another job 5pm to 2am (and it is the busy season...for 6 weeks, 4x a year it is crazy busy), I try to be both a husband and father BEFORE my other jobs. Oh, I have a multitude of excuses, but I really hate it when I fall behind and don't catch up because it is some of YOU that suffer. I apologize and will make more of a concerted effort to address some of the things I am late on.

    Thanks for listening.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

    Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
    .



  5. #3855
    Gunslinger Apprentice andyg75 has a spectacular aura about andyg75 has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Preston, England
    Posts
    392
    My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    CONFESSION: HANGING HEAD WITH SHAME, as I have slipped quite badly on my response/customer service with some of you:

    I am in a bad way here in all honesty….I got (am) WAY behind on emails (some going back to June, SIGH) with the intention that I’d finally find time to go back and answer them, but I keep getting pushed forward with new things. I admit to having filled some orders on more recent mails because it was 1) easy, 2) on the front burner 3) other lame excuses. Mails in "arrears" are in truth JUST as important as recent mails, but some ask for pictures etc. that get more involved and I tell myself that I will "come back" to do it later...My wife tells me CONSTANTLY...later is never better and she is right! Now, people have every RIGHT to ask for pictures of items, but let me tell you it is an involved process. I take pictures on my camera, need to download them to the computer, then resize each one, then attach them to an email response.....not super hard, no, but involved, so some of these requests I leave BOLDED in my inbox as unread and then I do "easier" responses. Totally my bad.

    I know I have MANY orders/inquiries for things that I have for whatever reason failed to go back and address. Some of you are among those and for that I apologize. Not a very great way to do business, but it is the truth. Every day that goes past, I keep telling myself, I MUST PUT ALL ELSE ASIDE AND GO ADDRESS THOSE emails but it seems I have failed to do that. Every day, I wake up and tell myself TODAY is the day to start addressing old emails but things happen during my day that distract me etc (like writing this post, rather than addressing old mails!). I also have a gazillion new items to list, some prices to modify etc. and all of it seems to get pushed.

    My apologies for my bad business practices of late! I am a human and FAR from perfect, I do have another job 5pm to 2am (and it is the busy season...for 6 weeks, 4x a year it is crazy busy), I try to be both a husband and father BEFORE my other jobs. Oh, I have a multitude of excuses, but I really hate it when I fall behind and don't catch up because it is some of YOU that suffer. I apologize and will make more of a concerted effort to address some of the things I am late on.

    Thanks for listening.
    This is precisely why so many deal with you David. You’re a true gent, and we all appreciate your busy schedule, and know that we will get responses/pictures/mail in due course, so take some pressure off yourself sir.

    You could have taken the NRB route, and just completely lost it with everyone 😂😂😂
    Wanted:
    The Shining Folio Society s/l 1/110
    Wizard & Glass H&S UK s/l #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157
    IT CD art portfolio #229

  6. #3856
    Servant of Gan MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,586
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default

    No need to fret David. As Andy said, that is why we (I) deal with you. You ALWAYS steer me in the right direction. It must be incredibly hard doing a job and then doing Betts. 5PM to 2AM. When do you sleep man. Don't worry. I don't think anybody has any ill will to you. I know I am guilty of saying just hello to see how you are doing but I try not to do it too often now because I know you are so busy. So just relax, take a deep breath, and know that people have your back here.

  7. #3857
    Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of the headstone.
    Posts
    6,049
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Thanks for the honest update, Mr. David.

  8. #3858
    The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!
    Posts
    27,418
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    The Evil Empire!!!



    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales
    Hail to the King, Baby!!!! - Ash

  9. #3859
    Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    323
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Hi David - you are the best in the business and we are lucky to have you! Paul

  10. #3860
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,899
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    CONFESSION: HANGING HEAD WITH SHAME, as I have slipped quite badly on my response/customer service with some of you:

    I am in a bad way here in all honesty….I got (am) WAY behind on emails (some going back to June, SIGH) with the intention that I’d finally find time to go back and answer them, but I keep getting pushed forward with new things. I admit to having filled some orders on more recent mails because it was 1) easy, 2) on the front burner 3) other lame excuses. Mails in "arrears" are in truth JUST as important as recent mails, but some ask for pictures etc. that get more involved and I tell myself that I will "come back" to do it later...My wife tells me CONSTANTLY...later is never better and she is right! Now, people have every RIGHT to ask for pictures of items, but let me tell you it is an involved process. I take pictures on my camera, need to download them to the computer, then resize each one, then attach them to an email response.....not super hard, no, but involved, so some of these requests I leave BOLDED in my inbox as unread and then I do "easier" responses. Totally my bad.

    I know I have MANY orders/inquiries for things that I have for whatever reason failed to go back and address. Some of you are among those and for that I apologize. Not a very great way to do business, but it is the truth. Every day that goes past, I keep telling myself, I MUST PUT ALL ELSE ASIDE AND GO ADDRESS THOSE emails but it seems I have failed to do that. Every day, I wake up and tell myself TODAY is the day to start addressing old emails but things happen during my day that distract me etc (like writing this post, rather than addressing old mails!). I also have a gazillion new items to list, some prices to modify etc. and all of it seems to get pushed.

    My apologies for my bad business practices of late! I am a human and FAR from perfect, I do have another job 5pm to 2am (and it is the busy season...for 6 weeks, 4x a year it is crazy busy), I try to be both a husband and father BEFORE my other jobs. Oh, I have a multitude of excuses, but I really hate it when I fall behind and don't catch up because it is some of YOU that suffer. I apologize and will make more of a concerted effort to address some of the things I am late on.

    Thanks for listening.
    Still sounds like a better customer services than the NBR ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  11. #3861
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,888
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.
    Today's purchase off ebay was Wheelan S/L print "Gunslinger on the Beach" for £50, but ebay had a promotion giving £10 off, so I got it for £40. ($51)


    I think the original list price was $185. (I think)

  12. #3862
    Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfield CT
    Posts
    4,711
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.
    Today's purchase off ebay was Wheelan S/L print "Gunslinger on the Beach" for £50, but ebay had a promotion giving £10 off, so I got it for £40. ($51)


    I think the original list price was $185. (I think)
    I sell them for Michael and Audrey (though plenty of resales out there too)....I charge $195 each....I pay them a little less but you got a VERY good deal Alan.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

    Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
    .



  13. #3863
    Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfield CT
    Posts
    4,711
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm still so far behind it is a crime...sorry folks.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

    Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
    .



  14. #3864
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    38,581
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I'm still so far behind it is a crime...sorry folks.

    -------Misdemeanor charges to be filed.

  15. #3865
    Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,697
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Free book for everyone!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

  16. #3866
    Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,697
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Kidding of course.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

  17. #3867
    The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!
    Posts
    27,418
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

    Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!


    Spoiler:
    See what I did there? Back(log)????? Man, I just crack myself up!!!!! lol
    The Evil Empire!!!



    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales
    Hail to the King, Baby!!!! - Ash

  18. #3868
    Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

    Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!


    Spoiler:
    See what I did there? Back(log)????? Man, I just crack myself up!!!!! lol
    So ... you're suggesting that David should do something that will result in an avalanche of new emails?

    What did David ever do to you?

    HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

  19. #3869
    The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!
    Posts
    27,418
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

    Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!


    Spoiler:
    See what I did there? Back(log)????? Man, I just crack myself up!!!!! lol
    So ... you're suggesting that David should do something that will result in an avalanche of new emails?

    What did David ever do to you?

    HBJ
    Well, when you put it that way............................................... .................................................. ......................lol lol lol


    Spoiler:
    So, I guess you didn't like my "Back(log) joke? lol
    The Evil Empire!!!



    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales
    Hail to the King, Baby!!!! - Ash

  20. #3870
    Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,697
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

    Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!


    Spoiler:
    See what I did there? Back(log)????? Man, I just crack myself up!!!!! lol
    So ... you're suggesting that David should do something that will result in an avalanche of new emails?

    What did David ever do to you?

    HBJ
    Well, when you put it that way............................................... .................................................. ......................lol lol lol


    Spoiler:
    So, I guess you didn't like my "Back(log) joke? lol
    Hey I gave you a rep point for that one! Made me laugh.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

  21. #3871
    The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!
    Posts
    27,418
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

    Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!


    Spoiler:
    See what I did there? Back(log)????? Man, I just crack myself up!!!!! lol
    So ... you're suggesting that David should do something that will result in an avalanche of new emails?

    What did David ever do to you?

    HBJ
    Well, when you put it that way............................................... .................................................. ......................lol lol lol


    Spoiler:
    So, I guess you didn't like my "Back(log) joke? lol
    Hey I gave you a rep point for that one! Made me laugh.
    Okay, I saw. Least I gave someone a chuckle!!! lol

    Wish there was a way I (or we) could pitch in and lend, David a hand. I know there isn't, but I also know that I sure do owe him a helping hand for all the times he has helped me out!!! Just wish thee was a way to reciprocate is all.
    The Evil Empire!!!



    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales
    Hail to the King, Baby!!!! - Ash

  22. #3872
    Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfield CT
    Posts
    4,711
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    My cry and whine.....

    I sold on consignment a Gunslinger S/L labeled "Special". Customer bought it for $7500 in June. Guy asked for tracking number. I double boxed, padded, and generated label for Express shipping (my treat). emailed guy the tracking so he knew it was being delivered next day....PO delivered package to guy's door next day at 12:23pm....all good right? WRONG....In middle of August, I get email from my Quickbooks people saying guy is contesting the $7500 charge. Policy states that they take $7500 out of my checking account and then it is up to me to defend myself to try to get my $$ back. I call customer the next day and he says package was stolen from his porch and that he was unaware that they would take $7500 from me. He felt I did nothing wrong and he was trying to get the Post Office to reimburse him but PO said package was delivered as promised (it was, tracking states delivered!). So I had a week to file my rebuttal...I sent in 23 pages of emails/delivery confirmation/the purchase order/the shipping label...everything. Quickbooks sends email thanking me for my input and that my documents would be forwarded to his credit card company. I hear nothing for 2 weeks so I call Quickbooks. They tell me his credit card company has 60 days to respond to my rebuttal...worst case is his bank escalates the rift to credit card corporate and then VISA charges me an additional $500 to get involved. I call the guy again and tell him to NOT contest the charge. He again says sorry, his beef not with me but with Post Office....still nothing....I feel like I have total documented proof I did nothing wrong, but for now I'm still out $7500...not something I can afford to just ignore. it has hurt my ability to pay people etc. But the waiting game appears destined to continue. And right now I am out $7500.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

    Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
    .



  23. #3873
    Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    7,573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    OH god...that sucks! Hope you get the money back!
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

  24. #3874
    Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Ugh, that's awful, David. I hope this all gets resolved so you're not out of pocket.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

  25. #3875
    Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfield CT
    Posts
    4,711
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    <sarcasm> one of the lovely perks of being a small business owner.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

    Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
    .



+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts